CIU version 143

This was not a space race.

2 Likes

Perfect opprotunity for Vinyl Crackling sound effects at the beginning

Perhaps that’s a HUD that measures the score differences.

• I think adding bonuses in game beside the HUD is informative.
  • The “First Strike” is blocking the view. Perhaps tweaking it to be appeared as a bonus? (Because it’s probably same as “Early Bird” bonus)
  • Showing Mission Details (Hmm, I think it’s Mission Outcome) at the end, to let all recruits sees the differences between the 2 bests competitors.

Also I’m curious, is this video automatically exported by the game itself? Does it save the video to internal drive? If yes then it’s temporary or permanent?

1 Like

From taking a preliminary look at this, it looks cool. But most of the animations/quips feel unnecessary, such as the First Strike and Peak Destruction. Seeing the former appear at the start of each wave can be very distracting, as it can hide what else the player is dong while that appears. Mirroring what others mentioned, showing the bonuses each player got is more essential, due to how small the player windows are (we can’t really make out what bonuses were obtained).

I understand that this is all still in the works, but a couple of ways I can see players making use of this feature is to let them create their own “cool” clip/mission that can be uploaded (once per day, so they better choose wisely). Then, in a central area, the community can vote on which one will be promoted either in game or on the YT channel (or both), though you (IA) would have the final say. You can also allow the community to vote on which clips the game has created, again either through in game or through a YT Community post.

3 Likes

A few suggestions for IA:

First idea: I find it tiresome to be able to remove only one mission from my Favourites/To-do list at a time. Not to mention all the constant clicking on the mission UI then the trash can button and so on. If eventually I wanted to remove dozens of missions to make room for others, the following change would be very useful:

As this picture suggests, you could click on the trash can button which would allow you to select multiple missions that you’d wish to take out of your Favourites/To-do list at once, instead of one at a time. Once you’re ready, click on the check mark button twice to confirm the removal. To cancel the process, simply click on the trash button again.

Second idea: If I recieve more than one idea/bug/food medal at once, I also recieve more than one of the same message about it. And if I sell 500k units of food at a Space Burger, guess what? I earn 50 food medals, as well as, you guessed it, I recieve 50 of the same message about a food medal that I earned. This is pointless message spam that floods my inbox, which makes me have to scroll all the way down to the more important messages.

Can you change it so that you can automatically/manually send us many idea/bug/food medals in one message, rather than one medal per message?

Third idea: Although quest milestones have been a thing for a while, I was wondering if there are plans to add mission milestones? It might be a good way to motivate players into completing as many unique missions as they can.

In my mind, this is how mission milestones could work: Just like quest milestones, they have a milestone progression bar. Plus, we currently have 22,167 missions, so…

Every Tier I Milestone - Each 10 unique missions completed earns you 500 keys.
Every Tier II Milestone - Each 100 unique missions completed earns you 5k keys.
Every Tier III Milestone - Each 1k unique missions completed earns you 50k keys.
Every Tier IV Milestone - Each 10k unique missions completed earns you 500k keys.

For example, if you complete a total of 75 unique missions, it means you reach 7 Tier I Milestones and therefore gain (500 x 7 = 3,500) keys. While if you complete a total of 250 unique missions, it means you reach ((9 x 2) + 5 = 23) Tier I Milestones plus 2 Tier II Milestones and therefore gain ((500 x 23) + (5,000 x 2) = 11,500 + 10,000 = 21,500) keys. And so on…

Note that every Tier II, III and IV Milestone does not include any lower tiers. For instance, if you make it to a Tier IV Milestone, you will be rewarded 500k keys instead of (500,000 + 50,000 + 5,000 + 500 = 555,500).

Perhaps the key rewards in my suggestion are too high or too low, but it’s just an example.

Oh, and I apologize for the persistent math.

Fourth idea: Since we’re not too far from St-Patrick (March 17th), are you planning to add a St-Patrick Easter Egg like you did with Valentine’s Day? If you don’t have the time this year, then perhaps next one?

3 Likes

I threw that consolidation idea a while back, but IA said it’s not possible.

2 Likes

Whoops, either I forgot about that post, or I somehow skipped it back then.

But all IA said was ‘‘It’s not possible’’. He didn’t actually explain why it’s impossible. IA, I’m just curious how a seemingly easy change like that isn’t possible to apply?

Perhaps instead of suggesting to pack the several messages into one it’d be more doable to just collapse several messages of the same thing to a kind of folder? Though messages are still plain text notifications and they don’t store any information related to what medal you get, or if it’s even a medal notification (iirc) so organising these solely on the message text/title sounds like something that’s asking for a bug.

3 Likes

This is sick bro

Mind checking these, iA?

hello how to share user id would you help me please

66.67% bug?

1 Like

66.666 rounds up because the next digit is higher than 5…

6 Likes

When math combines with CIU :joy::

1 Like

:information_source:

v.144 Advance Preview

The official release is very close now, and to (hopefully) catch any last-minute problems, I am providing advance preview builds of the stand-alone and Android versions of the game.

:warning: Before you install them, however, read through the following notes:

• These are the final builds (exactly the same as will eventually become public), however until the new version is officially released, they will still connect to the BETA server. This means that any progress you make using these versions will eventually be lost.

• They will overwrite any existing previous version installation you have.

• If you install them but then wish to go back to playing ‘officially’, you must re-install the previous version on top.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Stand-alone: https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/ChickenInvadersUniverseInstaller144_1_0.exe

Android (32-bit): https://universe.chickeninvaders.com/files/CIU.ia.armv7.1440100.apk

12 Likes

huh, kinda early update pushing

It’s only a maintenance release. I need to make some internal changes for the videos.

9 Likes

are we gonna have new things too?

in squack blocks we flying up side and cant move up by our own a player owns a ghost trail i think its better the trail follow the ship while its not

and even when we gonna buy mullers we see its heavy delete everything tell that its heavy its light