Chicken Invaders Universe - Party Like It's 2002 - Ultimate Music Pack

General Information

Chicken Invaders Universe - Party Like It’s 2002 - Ultimate Music Pack is a mod for Chicken Inavders Universe that includes all the music tracks from the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update, but it doesn’t stop there; it also includes the original music tracks from CI2 (the original 2002 release), both the standard edition and the xmas edition, and even in both original mono audio (from the original 2002 release) and in stereo audio (from the remastered 2021 rerelease), plus a little “extra” bonus.

There is a small problem with this mod, however; three of the music tracks from the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update are copyrighted; CI4 Music 3, CI5 Music 3 and CI5 Theme, to be specific. To fix this problem, the mod includes two versions of the pack that contains all the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update music tracks; one with the copyrighted music tracks, and one with three replacement music tracks that are not copyritghed. Both the standalone copyrighted and non-copyrighted msuic tracks can be downloaded separetly from the other tracks, so you can change them depending on your taste or on the situation, for exemple if you want to stream the game or upload a video of it with the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update music tracks, it is best to use the non-copyrighted music tracks to avoid any copyright problem.

CIU 2002 Music

Here there are all the music tracks from the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update (v126_2, to be precise).

CIU 2002 Music

CIU 2002 Non-Copyrighted Music

Here there are all the music tracks from the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update, but CI4 Music 3, CI5 Music 3 and CI5 Theme have been replaced with theyr non-copyrighted versions. The replacement music tracks for CI4 Music 3 and CI5 Music 3 were supposed to be included in the v127 update, but instead the update removed the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode altogether, along with it’s music tracks, therfor the replacement tracks were never included in the game, until now (well, not officially, of course).

CIU 2002 Non-Copyrighted Music

CIU 2002 Copyrighted Music Tracks

Here there are the three copyrighted music tracks from the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode update; CI4 Music 3, CI5 Music 3 and CI5 Theme.

CIU 2002 Copyrighted Music Tracks

CIU 2002 Non-Copyrighted Music Tracks

Here there are the three non-copyrighted music tracks for CI4 Music 3, CI5 Music 3 and CI5 Theme for the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode.

The replacement music tracks are:

• Another Affair by prodigy of oops! - Replaces CI4 Music 3.

• Musical Maze by l o u v a n b . of s u r p r i s e ! - Replaces CI5 Music 3.

• Guardian Dragon by s.l.l of hydronic - Replaces CI5 Theme.

CIU 2002 Non-Copyrighted Music Tracks

CI2 Original Music

Here there are the original CI2 music tracks, ripped directly from the original 2002 release game files and recostructed (the music tracks in the original CI2 2002 release were divided into pieces. The pieces have been put together in the right order and recostructed).

These music tracks have low volume, bad quality, mono audio and they’re not extended.

CI2 Original Music

CI2 Remastered Music

Here there are the remastered CI2 music tracks, ripped directly from the remastered 2021 rerelease game files.

These music tracks have high volume, good quality, stereo audio and they’re extended.

CI2 Remastered Music

CI2 Xmas Original Music

Here there are the original CI2 xmas music tracks, ripped directly from the original 2003 release game files and recostructed (same as the standard edition).

These music tracks have all the same features of the original 2002 standard edition music tracks.

CI2 Xmas Original Music

CI2 Xmas Remastered Music

Here there are the remastered CI2 xmas music tracks, ripped directly from the remastered 2021 xmas DLC game files.

These music tracks have all the same features of the remastered 2021 standard edition music tracks, except that these music tracks are only partially more extended, but they’re still not the full mixes.

CI2 Xmas Remastered Music

CI2 Xmas Remastered Extended Music

Here there are the remastered CI2 xmas music tracks, but extended at theyr full length.

These music tracks were taken from the “xmasmix” found on Mod Archive, wich are basically the same as the ones taken directly from the CI2 remastered game files, but these ones are the full mixes. They were all in one single track one after another, so they’ve been divided.

CI2 Xmas Remastered Extended Music

Bonus: CI1 Original Theme

Here there is the original CI1 theme, the one from the original 1999 release, the one that started it all.

I know, I know; it’s not “technically” “Party Like It’s 2002” related, but at the same time it is. After all, this is the only missing music track from the original two episodes, so since I was at it, I just included it as a bonus, and yes, it is ripped directly from the original CI1 game files.

Worst audio quality out of all the original music tracks from the series. Enjoy it in all it’s crustiness and let yourself feel extremely old!

CI1 Original Theme

Installation

To install these mods, you first need IAMI, wich you can find here.

Once you have installed the program, open it, insert “1” and then press “enter” to proceed with the installation mode. Then select the MOD file you want to install, and then go where you have installed CIU on your PC and open the WAD file that you want to install the mod in by replacing the files insde it.

Now some clarifications.

• The WAD files are the files where the game data is stored (literally “Where’s All Data”); you have to select the one that you want to replace the files inside it, depending on the mod, which in this case is the file called “CIU.dat.222x.standard”, which contains all the music for the standard edition of CIU.

• For the CI2 Xmas Music mods the process is the same, except those should be installed in the file called “CIU.dat.222x.xmas”. Since the file structure is the same for each WAD file, you can also install the music mods for the xmas edition in the file for the standard edition and vice versa, if you really want (for some reasons).

WARNINGS

• The name of the WAD files could change in the future updates of CIU. If this happens, take the name of the files I mentioned above as a reference for the new files names.

• Due to the WAD files having changed the name of the extension multiple times in the past, IAMI may not recognize the current WAD files names. For this reason, always select the option “all files” before selecting the WAD file you want to install a mod in.

Back with the installation guide.

Once you selected the MOD file and the WAD file, press “y” to confirm the installation.

Then just wait for the installation process to finish.

Once it’s finished, open the game and you’re good to go.

Mod Files And Music Files Zip Files

In case you want to download all the MOD files of this music pack, you can directly download the whole zip file containing all the MOD files at once.

Ultimate Music Pack - Mod Files

In case you also want the music files of each mod, you could either extract them from the WAD file with IAMT once you installed the mod in it, or you could just simply download the whole zip file containing all the music files at once.

Ultimate Music Pack - Music Files

Non-Copyrighted Music Tracks Video On YouTube

I’ve uploaded the non-copyrighted music tracks for the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode in a video on my YouTube channel if you want to listen to them.

Enabling “Party Like It’s 2002” Mode

If you want to play the game with the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode crusty graphics while enjoying the “Party Like It’s 2002” mode (not so crusty) music, then check out this post.

Credits

While I basically did all the work, I would like to give a special thanks to InterActon studios and especially VerMishelb, which helped me out immensely, both providing me with all the files and informations I needed to create the definitve version of this mod. I hope you will appreciate it.

And now… LET’S PARTY LIKE IT’S 2002!!!

19 Likes

Nice work topic Madder.

1 Like

They have all the same” what now?

Sorry, I left the description of that section unfinished by mistake while I was making the post.

I’ve edited the post fixing that and some other typos I made by mistake.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.