Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

Of course, comrade, cause he’s red

No problem, now considering that it has another series, it looks awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks! They look even better in-game. :wink:

1 Like

Gonna try it later

1 Like

Well, guess you’re welcome, and yes, they do look better in-game

1 Like

Does this ban you and how do you change skin?

No It won’t ban you

Cool and how do you change skin?

You need to use @VerMishelb’s modding tool:

Dowload the reskins using the link in this topic, then follow the instructions in the readme if you’re having trouble. :wink:

(And no, you won’t get banned. Mods aren’t officially supported, but they’re permitted as long as there’s no gameplay impact.)

2 Likes

Didn’t iA say he’d support modding if it didn’t give players unfair advantages or increased support costs?

Didn’t say that support, but not against it.

8 Likes

is the “File format” the wad or the file extension?

That was when WAD 4 was made but not released yet, so, near v34 I think.

1 Like

Actually, Francis is right (although according to a DM of mine, so idk if he had the same conversation):

(I didn’t see anything in the ToS about sharing DM conversations, if that’s not etiquette or if @InterAction_studios doesn’t want this public, I can delete this message)

3 Likes

Well, only a few amount of people can create mods, and we just do it for fun, we won’t make the game unfair

Hype, I guess so.

Yeah but that’s just in EA. If the game becomes really (or even moderately) successful and has a competitive online aspect, you can bet that someone else out there will figure out how to mod it too, and use that for more nefarious purposes.
So I understand IA’s concern, frankly, even though it is a bit disappointing as well.

5 Likes

The way we found a method to have file paths for WAD 4 is so dumb that I’m 89% sure nobody will try doing the same.

1 Like

Yeah, but think about the size of the community now compared to release. I can see where the concern lies.

It’s just 1-11K right now. To get to that big estimates, we would need a lot of currently non-existent revenue to hook in at least some more people in. Even if CIU did break it and got really big, there would be really few people who would in fact willingly attempt to crack CIU’s source code considering how well protected it is. For reference TF2 even with it’s age old code and millions of players has had very few incidents of the source code being leaked. So the chances of that happening are very, and I mean very slim.