Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

I must say that if they get to make personalization skins within the game, I like this idea a lot.

5 Likes

And how we call the stamp of ā€œWeapon Skinsā€?
Are they unlockeable in misiĆ³n?

I have a lot f questions both questions, reply in one and 10 question more is going to come

2 Likes

I think Laser Cannon should have CI2 Laser Cannon and Island Wars 2 Laser, and Lighning Fryer should have IW2 Lightning.

Should this be added?

• Yes
  • No
  • I donā€™t care

0 voters

good idea

Just i like ā€œLunar Laserā€ no more questions and replies.

1 Like

Iā€™m not familiar with the Island Wars designs, but the CI2 laser cannon was far too similar to the current one for me to make a skin for.

Classic Neutron is a good example, because Neutron used to look very different to what it currently is. Itā€™s an update of that old design; I havenā€™t just gone and slapped the old, low-colour-count sprite directly into the game.

With CI2 laser, any ā€œupdateā€ would just look like normal laser anyway. But Iā€™m withholding a vote before I see what the Island Wars stuff actually looks like - because that might be significantly different, for all I know.

3 Likes

IW2 Laser is more yellow and straight, and IW2 Lightning is just more straight (go here to see all weapons), but I have thought that Photon Swarm could have a skin of IW2ā€™s Bubblegun. Bubblegunā€™s texture is completely differens to Photon Swarmā€™s, but they have a similar behaviour.

Textures

Bubblegun1 IW2Bubblegun BubblegunLV1 GIFTBubblegun IconBubblegun IconPhotonSwarm PhotonSwarm1

2 Likes

I think the laser and lightning are a bit too similar to be interesting (maybe the light cannon could be replaced with the IW one, idk. Itā€™s just a very slight colour changeā€¦)

But that Bubblegun idea is actually really cool, and knowing how the photon sprites work it would actually be quite effortless to implement, I think.

Would people be interested in seeing Bubblegun replace the photon swarmā€™s ā€œStinger Trailsā€ (seeing as thatā€™s by far the least inspired of the three?)

Also, I might be making a poll to vote on your favourite skins sometime soon - help to determine which (if any) ought to be most rare

3 Likes

Is there any particular reason to replace one skin with another? Canā€™t we have both?

2 Likes

Because then I need to make a fourth skin for every weapon, or settle for different weapons having different skin counts, neither of which I would particularly like to do.

My own preferences aside, three is also a good number of skins if rarities are implemented - one for each tier.

Speaking of whichā€¦

Iā€™ve added a series of polls to another topic (thereā€™s quite a good number, and I didnā€™t want to clutter the scroll length of this topic. They donā€™t seem to want to go in spoiler tagsā€¦).
Iā€™m trying to gauge the relative popularity of the current skins.

You can vote here.

4 Likes

must add this to the next release, also add a black and whit ephoton swarm, the blue be white and the red be black ,
also ur editing is amazing

4 Likes

@Kylo-Hen What about the Corn Shotgun? When are you gonna add skins for it?

1 Like

I have obviously not read all the replies, so I do not know if this was mentioned beforehand, but Iā€™d like to say the idea that if skins were to be added, I think that all weapons should be recolorable via a basic color and certain unique skins shall be unlocked via certain ways, such as keys or certain medal rewards.

1 Like

Ideally, when the WBP version gets added to the core game so that I know whether or not the ā€œpopcornā€ mechanic requires additional skins or not.

3 Likes

Although I was planning to say to you a idea for skin of Corn shotgun, it was, soy shotgun? Watermelon seeds? Pop Corn?

Definitly my ideas of a skin for Corn shotgun are stupids, but is the best what goes from my mind

2 Likes

If popcorn isnā€™t going to become a game mechanic, itā€™ll be part of the skin library.

The watermelon seeds idea is actually pretty cool, and I like it, but it might be a part hard to infer visually (it would look like black corn).

3 Likes

Well, update: it did. Though how would watermelon seeds work then? They canā€™t pop as far as I know.

3 Likes

Shoot the whole watermelon :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Can we just have chicken gun?