Weapon Reskin Library V2.0

Yeah, but think about the size of the community now compared to release. I can see where the concern lies.

It’s just 1-11K right now. To get to that big estimates, we would need a lot of currently non-existent revenue to hook in at least some more people in. Even if CIU did break it and got really big, there would be really few people who would in fact willingly attempt to crack CIU’s source code considering how well protected it is. For reference TF2 even with it’s age old code and millions of players has had very few incidents of the source code being leaked. So the chances of that happening are very, and I mean very slim.

Whoa there, calm down bud, that’s kind of an overestimation. 1,000? Maybe. 11,000? Not a chance.

Those are not the same things.

If you would like to leak CIU source code you would need to hack in IA device where he has the source code saved. You can’t get source code just by hacking the game. There’s something like decompiler, but the only thing you would accomplish is get binary code which you can kind of convert to programming code, but it won’t be like source code. For example things might straight not work anymore and you can’t recover comments in the code. And we know for sure that IA uses it. Uses comments as a to-do list which is weird flex for me, but whatever works for him.

Wait, really?

700+ items.

How much has been covered?

It’s not really about cracking the game’s code since the code is in CIU.exe and the game files are in separate archives (CIU.dat.hq2x, CIU.dat.language.v2.hq2x and CIU.dat.shaders.hq2x)

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood. But point still stands. It would be nigh impossible that someone would manage to edit the workings of the games and even if that does happen, they would get kicked out of the server and the report would go to iA as in the case of the weapon excels. So CIU won’t be at major risk of having the data values of enemies and other things tampered with easily.

1 Like

It isn’t bad, but it’s rather funny

2 Likes

@Kylo-Hen Hm, by the way, why not add polls of series 2 reskins on this topic?

Yes, indeed, it just became popular so easily in a month.

1 Like

I don’t know if that would really provide very useful information.

3 Likes

Yo Kylo, can I bring some skin suggestions?

1 Like

You’re absolutely welcome to - you can even post your own designs, if you want!

I’m not currently updating the Library with new content, though, so don’t expect them to get added to the main post. But feel free to share!

4 Likes

@Kylo-Hen Can you add mad painter, on the cob and absolvar beam mod? Please.

Impossible. The issue is that those reskins will need to use in game code to function, which only iA has. So if iA decides to add the reskins in the near future then you may have a chance to see them. (seriously, now please don’t nag iA to add the skins. he has a life too.)

6 Likes

:+1:t2:

8 Likes

SpryterTerraxian is correct.

That said, if you want a weapon that changes colour with every shot, you can always check out “Sweet Corn”. :wink:

3 Likes

Some weapon skins of @Kylo-Hen

7 Likes

But the Absolver’s texture is monochrome

3 Likes