šŸ“Š Weapon data spreadsheet

Thanks, Iā€™ll have a look.

Acknowledged, but wonā€™t fix. Excel override functionality will be removed eventually anyway.

6 Likes

I had a look. I didnā€™t really anticipate the overheat times to rise that much :eyes: But I have no problem with making the change.

However, there is an issue with your Lightning values. Look at the ā€œc_DamageUntilOverheatā€ chart. Thereā€™s a sharp decline between powers 5 and 6.

5 Likes

At FP 6, it gets itā€™s second bolt, which makes it better for crowd control, so I donā€™t think the decline will be too impactful.

But of course, I can nerf the buff for lightning so the decline is gone.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/560838017539899394/804329248579387405/CIU-WeaponData-v66.override.xls

The reason why Lightning had a constant higher overheat till fp 6 is because it only has one bolt, which makes it hard to deal with more enemies at a time.

1 Like

Changed in v.67 :medal_sports: Idea

12 Likes

:warning: Starting with v.73, the capability to override weapon values though an external Excel file has been removed.

17 Likes

@InterAction_studios

I made some changes to Vulcan, Utensil, and Corn. If you have the time, please have a look.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/560838017539899394/823084936813871124/Updated_Forks_Vulcan_and_Corn.xls

Vulcan has been made slightly stronger, since Boron really outperforms it on higher heat levels.
The change was made so that itā€™s on par with heated Boron. Also makes the ā€œoverheatedā€ Vulcan slightly less of a pushover, since it will barely hit anything.
Has an increase in DPS and DUO. (Damage Until Overheat).

Utensilā€™s firerate was increased, and is now a constant value.
Felt that it was a bit too sluggish, and it doesnā€™t feel like what it used to be like, so I made it faster.
Has a slight increase in DPS and DUO.
EDIT: I nerfed the damage for the forks. Forgot to do so before. Oops.
Has a slight decrease in DPS and DUO.

Corn was made faster, but does less damage.
This is the counteract the probability of missing shots, and also to make it better against waves where enemies can escape.
Has a slight decrease in DPS and DUO.

If itā€™s possible, please implement those changes.
If you have any feedback for the changes, please let me know. Thanks.

15 Likes

What?
Why??
Nooo!!

1 Like

Youā€™re likeā€¦12 days late

3 Likes

Was exploitable

1 Like

Changed in v.75 :medal_sports: Idea

Two thoughts:

1. I find it slightly worrying that you havenā€™t been able to test these values using an external Excel. Maybe itā€™s worth bringing that feature back.

2. Iā€™ve made all suggested changes, except that Iā€™ve left corn damage values as they were before. I felt it would otherwise be too much of a sideways move rather than a straight-up improvement. But let me know if itā€™s OP now.

9 Likes

Yes please. This makes it so I can let others see if the changes will be ok or not.

2 Likes

I assume itā€™s not possible to make it so that only certain users may use that functionality, to avoid exploitations

2 Likes

Thatā€™s sadly not possible.

5 Likes

:warning: Starting with v.75, the capability to override weapon values though an external Excel file has been temporarily reinstated.

The link to the Excel file has been updated in the original post.

8 Likes

How about Ion Blaster? Since they change the damage but nerf the OverheatTime make this weapon still unpopular and weak, I think they should buff the overheat time of this weapon to make this weapon back in the space !! ( sorry for my bad english )

Unpopular is true but weak is not anymoreā€¦maybe

Itā€™s one of the more popular weapons, along with Lightning and Positron

1 Like

weak here is the Overheat time weak, so fast to be overheat if you donā€™t get a good coolant system

Iā€™ll be honest - my recent criticism of Plasma was under the assumption that way more people are using it.

General question for ā€œProā€ players (in other words, not me - the leaderboard-topping, Ironman-flying people, examples being @Francis, @OneWingLunarian, @SA-GoldenBoss128, @Sammarald, and others):
What weapons are you actually using competetively, and why?

3 Likes

For me I just collect every weapon gift & atom at Dailies+Weekly, use only Positron at Space Race, at Ironman I donā€™t use weak weapons like Corn, Boron Railgun because when I used those they kill less enemies+increase the chance of my dying, and I donā€™t play Anniversary.

2 Likes