WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets)

Ah, you’re talking specifically about the M-400. Other spacecraft models do not have front pods, hence the lightning shafts would be bunched too close together. I believe that was one of the reasons I made them originate from the ‘rear’ pods (there’s no such thing as ‘front’ and ‘rear’ in the game – it’s just center, near, mid, far, and outside spawn points)

This change is specifically targetted towards helping the uncharged performance (e.g. spamming the fire button to get more shots out when you know you don’t have enough time to charge), and in my tests it made a huge difference. It still overheats quickly, but it’s a good emergency fix for when you’ve about to get run over.

You can easily test this now, because the fire interval is controlled by the Excel.

4 Likes

so does this mean it’s not randomly angled anymore? does it still retain the shotgun style of burst?

There is some randomness, but each pellet is constrained in its own narrow cone. For example, if the cone is 45 degrees and there are 9 pellets, then the 45 degrees are evenly split into 5-degree ‘slices’, and each pellet gets a random direction within its 5-degree slice.

15 Likes

ahhhhh

that’s ok then

ok tbh im still skeptical about this, but this honestly feels like a dope change, will wait for update to roll out and see how new corn spread is

Let’s fix vulcan chaingun so it shoots backwards at least at extreme heat levels

Still against it for all the reasons I’ve already brought up. I’d much rather have its current spread be kept and Comet Chase be finally adjusted instead.
The poll shows that people are roughly split 50/50 on whether to keep or revert/change it, so I’d suggest polling the two other options (revert or non-linear) on their own if we want to change this again.

2 Likes

Whar should Vulcan’s spread be like?

• Revert back to match V96 spread
  • Non-linear spread mechanic

0 voters

1 Like

What changes do you propose for Comet Chase?

I’m referring to this post:

Since this is planned to be addressed eventually, I don’t think it makes sense to keep Vulcan particularly more viable for one specific mission type to the detriment of its usability everywhere else.

In any case, the results of the poll seem pretty conclusive to me.

1 Like

Corn shootgun

• It needs a pattern you can add to it like 10 or more different pattern that would help player because the randomness of it can actually make a problem

Neutron gun

• Shot speed increase
    Some players uses the slowness of neutron gun shot in bosses to do a huge impact in a low time (especially big screen bosses like : Chicken Canon and etc.) they shot a neutron gun from the back of screen and move with it while using auto clicker and when it hits the boss it deals a huge impact on him maybe it even glitches the calculation of the game I don’t really know how the game calculate the stacked shots

• some bosses like u.c.o would be problem when using neutron gun because firing the gun while they are moving would just be useless because it is slow

Plasma rifle

• rework on ai auto aim because it can just target a barrier and leave the chicken near it

That’s it

Already reworked in v100.

Not a problem. Bursting doesn’t affect your DPS, just divides and condenses it into, well, bursts.

How come they’re using autoclickers, and how isn’t that a separate issue? Bursting doesn’t require autoclicking. It was doable before with manual and automatic, it’s doable now with overdrive and without it.

…Why on Earth would that happen?

Skill issue. Lead moving targets if necessary.

This is a disadvantage that all lock-on weapons have, not just Plasma. Personally, I’d leave that as is. Get closer to your target if you have to.

1 Like

Someone told me that tbh
I was like that when i heard it
So it isn’t a problem
Thanks for telling me

Nice

Ok that nice

---------------------

I forgot about moron gun

Does moron gun needs rework because it is so unpopular like a buff in damage

What do you think

Its a starter weapon, and the description says that you need to buy a new one. it also gives 30% weapon score boost

It gives score boost
But thats the only advantage of using it

overheat very long
what do u want more?
its just a starter weapon

advantages of moron:
best weapon!1111!11!!
really long overheat
damage isnt a problem, take your time
literally over 30% weapon virtuosity bonus
also if you think its underpowered, its a starter weapon, what do you expect

1 Like