WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets)

I haven’t changed the Moron’s projectile damage.I have, however, made it fire a bit faster on power 7 and 8 to straighten out its DPS line.

Done :medal_sports: I haven’t reduced the overheat time on any weapons, though. Low power levels are (relatively speaking) predominantly used by newcomers, and I’d certainly like to help them as much as I can.

I think Plasma is broken in your Excel. It’s a constant 10s across the board, until max power when it’s basically infinite?

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s broken in the second file. I was using it to test stuff and I didn’t end up reverting it before uploading.

Wow you balanced so many things

A revolution as well. Isn’t that nice ? :smiley:

Sometimes yes, but sometimes no

QOL changes on some weapons:

1. Corn shotgun’s spread is quite RNGish, and despite the DPS improvements, an unreliable spread means a less popular weapon. Photon swarm’s RNG was excusable due to its high firerate and homing capabilities, but an unlucky spread can lead to missing out on a multikill or clean sweep bonus. I suggest giving the volleys in :zap: 0-4 a fixed spread, with subsequent bullet additions to the volley having RNG spread, so that the weapon still retains some degree of randomness to make it interesting.

2. Lightning Fryer needs a slightly smaller cone of spread with the bolts coming from the ship’s front pods. The two bolts often hit different targets and that makes it quite a lot harder to reliably get multikill. Basically, make it easier to get multikill with Lightning Fryer.

3. Absolver Beam needs some stopgap fixes. One would be increasing the uncharged shot’s firerate and width, I know you’re supposed to charge the weapon, but it just fails miserably to do anything against fast moving chickens in waves like High-Speed Chase and Centipede among others. Another would be to find a way to deal 1.5-2x bonus damage against bosses with large hitboxes so that shoot the core still takes normal damage but every other boss takes bonus damage cause Absolver’s DPS is poor compared to most weapons.

As always, May the forks be with you!

2 Likes

Why is the middle fork 300 damage instead of a carving fork (600 damage)

The volley needed to have an odd number of regular forks in order for it to deal the specific amount of total damage it needed, and it would’ve looked quite silly if one of those forks was off to the side.

1 Like

Base Volley now is 4500 damage on :zap: 20

I’ve done two things:

• Reduced the overall spread in low power levels
  • Spaced out pellets more evenly

Changed in v.100 :medal_sports: Idea

I don’t see how that would affect multikill. You mean Pecking Order?

I’ve doubled the rate. Changed in v.100 :medal_sports: Idea

6 Likes

Well yes that’s also a factor, but there’s also the factor of accuracy and the extra points you get. Granted Lightning’s never gonna be the best weapon for accuracy but it still wouldn’t hurt to have twin lightning beams come out from the front two pods and have less spread, since the harm from reducing the area of effect is outweighed by the benefit of having the two beams hit a single target more reliably, at least in my opinion.

It still does affect multikill since you can now more effectively kill a single target in time instead of damaging two but not being quick enough to kill them in time since a single lightning beam is too weak to kill tougher chickens in higher difficulty missions. I dunno about other users but I’d rather have the option to reliably kill a single target rather than damage two at the same time, the secondary beams already perform the function of damaging other enemies.

The aforementioned issues apply to the :zap: 6-10 power levels.

I’m not quite convinced that giving it a manual firerate of 10/s helps. Especially since it has been previously established that even 6.66/s is an issue for mobile (one of the reasons manual was ditched for overdrive), and 10/s will hardly be attainable for most players on PC. I’m willing to wait and see how this goes though, considering the game has anti-autoclicker measures nowadays, from what I remember anyway.

In regards to Corn, I think it’d now be appropriate to add it to one of the weapon groups. Bio is out of the question of course, so I propose either metal (if it can also be renamed to kinetic so that this alignment makes sense) or special.

Agree here, I forgot to object to the excessively high firerate for a weapon with charging mechanic along with mobile players. I feel like increasing the width of the uncharged beam would be a better choice along with increasing the firerate cap to 6.66/s.

Ah, you’re talking specifically about the M-400. Other spacecraft models do not have front pods, hence the lightning shafts would be bunched too close together. I believe that was one of the reasons I made them originate from the ‘rear’ pods (there’s no such thing as ‘front’ and ‘rear’ in the game – it’s just center, near, mid, far, and outside spawn points)

This change is specifically targetted towards helping the uncharged performance (e.g. spamming the fire button to get more shots out when you know you don’t have enough time to charge), and in my tests it made a huge difference. It still overheats quickly, but it’s a good emergency fix for when you’ve about to get run over.

You can easily test this now, because the fire interval is controlled by the Excel.

4 Likes

so does this mean it’s not randomly angled anymore? does it still retain the shotgun style of burst?

There is some randomness, but each pellet is constrained in its own narrow cone. For example, if the cone is 45 degrees and there are 9 pellets, then the 45 degrees are evenly split into 5-degree ‘slices’, and each pellet gets a random direction within its 5-degree slice.

15 Likes

ahhhhh

that’s ok then

ok tbh im still skeptical about this, but this honestly feels like a dope change, will wait for update to roll out and see how new corn spread is

Let’s fix vulcan chaingun so it shoots backwards at least at extreme heat levels

Still against it for all the reasons I’ve already brought up. I’d much rather have its current spread be kept and Comet Chase be finally adjusted instead.
The poll shows that people are roughly split 50/50 on whether to keep or revert/change it, so I’d suggest polling the two other options (revert or non-linear) on their own if we want to change this again.

2 Likes