Test server

Can it be a specific map then in the same server? Or, a specific mode in the exact same server, as long as whatever you’re doing doesn’t affect your main account or competitive missions, (Such as the keys you get so you get stuff easier, and you never lose items you sell from your account), and once you relog, the mode is disabled by default, so you won’t get stuck either. With the ability to reset that mode, so if your client constantly crashes for smth, you can reset it. Such a mode will be good, so that I wont spend time grinding for an experiment, and if anything bad happens, it wouldn’t affect anyone.

Not everyone in the game cheats, right?

Can’t you just do all that stuff in the same server? With a specific iOS mode on PC that people can test all iOS features with their mouse + keyboard.

I see a lot of people hearting this, would it be that be a fine solution that can be done at some point as long as it doesn’t increase your costs?

4 Likes

Not just cheats, it’s just that we can just use the whole community (larger samples) for a better chance of detecting rare errors.

1 Like

Yep.

iA said that a few players wouldn’t cover all errors, while not all players in the game currently cheats so.

If there is ever a beta server, then we can re-use the beta server as a crash-testing server. But not until then.

7 Likes

How much does server cost you?
Because i don’t really understand why would it even cost?
How do you pay it? Do you pay it in dollars or another currency?
How is this system working? Or I can ask what do you actually pay for when you are working on game?
Except for internet, electricity, etc…

1 Like
4 Likes

options.xml file:

anti-cheat: true / false
stars: true / false
planets: true / false
min-distance-between-stars: value
max-distance-between-stars: value
min-distance-between-planets: value
max-distance-between-planets: value
min-distance-between-moons: value //or satellites
max-distance-between-moons: value //or satellites
min-distance-between-constellations: value
max-distance-between-constellations: value
min-distance-between-wormholes: value
max-distance-between-wormholes: value
max-players: value
multiplayer: true / false
wormholes: true / false
constellations:

price-list.xml

why would I even waste my time on it/

2 Likes

it should be min-star-dist, max-star-dist, max-planet-dist, min-planet-dist,… because we make var names to be short and easy to understand

2 Likes

yup exactly

1 Like

@InterAction_studios

Why?

Huawei uses APK. The game is online anyway so you can just add your email and get an apk file. :+1:
aka apkpure web

1 Like

What do you mean with that?

Email to play chicken invaders
sync data between devices

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: it cant be that easy to run c++ on phone, you would need much more stuff to do in order to make apk

Uh huh? Why would it be? Plus, iA released CI on phone many times.

It tooks some time, android is litteary different system… Also other CI are rewritten, like many other games, for example Microsoft has pc games with sync but they have same games but cannot sync with phone so it isnt cross sync… IA can do it, but at release, because google needs to approve updates before releasing, also while google accepts, there will be atleast 2 new updates

Are they? I thought the reason for keeping the size of games small was due to mobile versions. Why would IA do this if he’s just going to rewrite the games completely?
I mean I’m no expert so forgive me if I’m misunderstanding, but I’m fairly certain there are games that allow you to sync your progress between different devices even if one is PC and the other is mobile.

1 Like

Android games use a special UVE version, I think.

I mean he does need to rewrite completely, but it takes time to rewrite some parts of game which were nessesary