Some suggestions for laser scopes

INTRODUCTION

Very few customs are available for laser scopes recently. It should be more various.

You can only change its color and toggle the additive magic on / off. So far, I’ve thought of the following suggestions, might add more later.

1. Allow displaying multiple colors for multiple laser scopes

If you stack laser scopes with different colors, it will give only 1 color by mixing them. For example, the image above show red + green = yellow (yes this is legit with light)

I think, if multiple laser scopes are equipped, there should be an option to split and dislocate them to the sides, making the laser symmetric and more colorful. I’d like to illustrate it below:

Since equipping multiple laser scopes widen the laser, there will be enough space to display multiple columns of colors.

2. Stacking lengthen laser

Also, should stacking laser scopes lengthen the laser as well as thicken it (already)? The laser couldn’t stretch full screen horizontal length on higher zooms. See the image below:

3. Allow opacity adjustment

This suggestion is self-explanatory. You may even be able to partially adjust the opacity (styles, for example, making it gradually fader outside and solider inside and vice versa.)

4. Allow expanding / shrinking the laser gradually

The laser was shrinking as it travelled by default, right? I think we should be able to adjust its expansion limitedly.

5. Allow phase blinking for multiple laser scopes

If multiple laser scopes are equipped, you can set phases for them to blink, changing colors gradually. Even more effects can be added, like transitions (fading or immediately change)… This can make it more lively and noticeable when play multiplayer.

CONCLUSION

Adding more customs for laser scopes can make them more exciting and unique, allow more creative ideas for decorating your spacecrafts and diferentiate yourself from other players. These suggestions might be a bit complicating but I think it’s worth considering. What do you think?

Which features do you want to be added? If not, why?
    1. Allow displaying multiple colors for multiple laser scopes
    1. Stacking lengthen laser
    1. Allow opacity adjustment
    1. Allow expanding / shrinking the laser gradually
    1. Allow phase blinking for multiple laser scopes
0 voters
4 Likes

Maybe selecting which weapon pod has the laser scope.

2 Likes

I’ve thought of it, but considering them used for precise aiming, the laser should be placed at the tip. However, if this idea is welcomed, you should poll it later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.