**NEW BOSSES** Discussion Topic

WARNING: If you would rather discover these bosses yourself, leave the topic and come back when you have - there will be spoilers from the fights here.

So the latest update added two new bosses:
Chicken Exponentiality
The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade yes this is a thing

Egg Cannon Cannon gameplay with Absolver Beam (credit to @SonicCrazyExe):

Egg Cannon Cannon gameplay (high difficulty) with Vulcan Chaingun (credit to @OneWingLunarian ):
NOTE: SFX have been modded in this video. Gameplay remains unchanged.

So I’m basically making this topic as a place to discuss them, and some polls to gauge opinion on them.

If you are having trouble finding these bosses, I found a mission with both of them at elite difficulty:

Now, to the polls!

Chicken Exponentiality

How hard is Chicken Exponentiality?

• Way too easy
  • A bit too easy
  • Easy, but ok
  • Average
  • Challenging, but ok
  • A bit too hard
  • Way too hard

0 voters

How fun is Chicken Exponentiality?

• Crazy fun
  • Pretty fun
  • About average for the game
  • Not fun
  • Actively tedious

0 voters

Do you like Chicken Exponentiality?

• I love it
  • I like it
  • I’m indifferent
  • I dislike it
  • I despise it

0 voters

Does Chicken Exponentiality need to be changed?

• No, it’s perfect
  • No, but some change could be good
  • Yes, it needs a simple difficulty tweak
  • Yes, it needs some mechanics to change
  • Yes, it needs a complete overhaul
  • No, it just needs to go

0 voters

The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade

How hard is The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade?

• Way too easy
  • A bit too easy
  • Easy, but ok
  • Average
  • Challenging, but ok
  • A bit too hard
  • Way too hard

0 voters

How fun is The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade?

• Crazy fun
  • Pretty fun
  • About average for the game
  • Not fun
  • Actively tedious

0 voters

Do you like The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade?

• I love it
  • I like it
  • I’m indifferent
  • I dislike it
  • I despise it

0 voters

Does The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade need to be changed?

• No, it’s perfect
  • No, but some change could be good
  • Yes, it needs a simple difficulty tweak
  • Yes, it needs some mechanics to change
  • Yes, it needs a complete overhaul
  • No, it just needs to go

0 voters

5 Likes

Maybe the The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade instead of throwing an egg, I should throw a chicken, like in this advertisement image for the Christmas version of CI4. I thought about this to make it weirder or crazier LOL

5 Likes

The Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade need to nerf phase two. trust me it’s hard

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it needs a nerf, but it’s definitely the hardest phase. I’ve lost about 5 lives to that one, and not so much as a single life on the other two (although some people having been saying phase 3 is tough for them).

It’s a pretty cool fight - my only issue with it personally is that it feels like some sort of bonus or limited mission rather than a normal fight, and it’s a kind of weird mission to have scattered around the galaxy just like anything else. @InterAction_studios - I hope there’s some sort of special plan for where this one will show up.

But all that said, it is plenty of fun.

Exponentiality, on the other hand, I’m less keen on - it’s a long and mostly unexciting fusion of other boss fights. I would rather see it be maybe a variant of multiplicity on higher difficulties (ideally, in my mind, the individual components would be randomized, like chicken types in normal waves. So you’d never know what chickens will spawn until you defeat the first one. Would encourage speedy prioritizing).

But I’m not too happy with it as-is. Just feels a bit tacked on (and it broke the “Two Brothers” boss fights as well)…

Kinda off-topic, but I found this mission with 2 new bosses:

2 Likes

It’s not off-topic, but the one in the title post has less waves and higher difficulty. :wink:

I don’t want to appear smug, but the first time I met him I survived

From what I saw, I find that the egg cannon cannon… is quite messy … The yellow lasers are poorly organized, the patterns are quite simple, etc. I also don’t include some phases of the egg cannon, like the armored chickens and the red ions, but I hate most of it is its speed, seriously it looks ridiculous and unreal

1 Like

Okay, I tried it myself, not a fan of first phase. Its zigzag laser is pretty harsh punishing if you really don’t know if there’s only one gap. Same issue with Henley’s Comet, I hope there will be slight tweak to make it has 2, so not way too punishing if you missed the first gap.

Second phase is not so hard after some deadly training, you can stay at the bottom edge or upper edge and dodge the lasers, while the egg may be an issue for some weapons.

And the last, these eggs are ridiculously fast, My eyes can’t get focused (lol). And yes, rip bomber for this match up.

1 Like

Yeah, I fought it a few times and now I can dodge those lasers easily

I’m in the process of uploading a video right now xd.
I have no idea how fast it gets at 140% difficulty, but at 100% it’s not actually that terrible.

1 Like

Aaand here it is.

The BX-9 is a legendary, but I think this gets the point across.

Annoyingly I managed to do this first try before I started recording, after which it took me almost 10 tries to do it again.

Anyway, at this difficulty the only dangerous attack is the egg shotgun, and it’s only really an issue with the bomber (though I can imagine that the big egg can be problematic with some weapons). I can’t really be bothered to look for a harder one right now, but I’d certainly like to see it.

firepower 0 lightning run when

6 Likes

I thinked what the bosses are BOOM , but not. Chicken Exponentiality is more tedius what the original, and The Egg cannon cannon… have esy/simple patrons. Needs anymore

1 Like

If you kill the Egg Canon³ while it’s on top or bottom, it will stay there until explosion. Imo it would be better if it moves to the vertical center when destroyed.

Also, patterns on the first and second phase needs some randomization, especially the first one.

3 Likes

Yeah…, the orange lasers needs some pattern randomizes

1 Like

What if put armored chickens and red ions in the first part?

Here’s bomber vs cannonade. It melts pretty fast but so do other bosses. Also very possible even without barbequers though I really dislike how the patterns for phase 1 and 2 are not even randomised and repeat exactly the same.

4 Likes

Here’s a video of me fighting Chicken Exponentiality - YouTube
(help my channel pls)

That was Fast! Good Work!

I love your Spacecraft…

It’s easy when you stay at bottom and even don’t move sometimes

There’s an Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon in space race

1 Like