Medals, medals everywhere not a reward to get

That’s precisely what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Note that these points will still matter for challenges

3 Likes

Well, yes. What I meant is that they do not give keys anymore, like they did before tier 99. There isn’t a medal or any more keys after getting tier 99 or having billions of points even though I’m pretty sure new milestones will appear in the future.

2 Likes

I don’t think Absolver would become OP by any stretch, just that it might become a new meta for pro’s trying to highscore dailies if accuracy became too valuable. (Like how Mass Condensers certainly are not OP but they totally mess up Space Race currently)

True, but as @anon27929001 said, competitions are a thing. Some of us kind of like to win stuff because it’s pointless and fun. :joy:
And I think this change, once properly balanced, would make competitions more accurately reflect player performance. So that’s really where I think this would become significant.

4 Likes

Sure. But let’s not forget that there are players who don’t care about challenges. And for them rewarding points doesn’t change anything.

Are points pointless?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, absolutely. But that will be true for all but the most core game mechanics, and from a design perspective all aspects of the game should strive to be at least somewhat desirable to play as well as balanced. Obviously players will still choose what they do and don’t want to do.

I’m just saying that points aren’t obsolete in the game past tier 50 for everyone - but obviously some people play differently and it doesn’t necessarily matter to them. I almost never touch Special Weapons, but that doesn’t make them a feature we shouldn’t balance or utilize just because it’s not ubiquitous.
I actually feel that making sure they’re not an essential thing that players are forced to strive toward is a good thing (especially in an MMO) because it diversifies playstyles.

No, no they’re not, my word choice was awful my brain is on hiatus

If points are pointless, what’s the point to add points in the game?(not spam)

3 Likes

I would suggest that a player can still receive keys as a reward for every x amount of points earned after reaching Tier 99. It could be every 10 billion points or so.

1 Like

What? Every 10 billion? At least at 1 billion or so

I’m currently at Tier 89 and I needed 4 billion points to the next one.

No, from tier 98 to 99 is not even 100 million points away. You are probably mistaken with the total points. Probably it should be 250 keys per 100 million points after tier 99.

1 Like

Here’s what’s going to launch with v.40 tomorrow. Speak now or forever until v.41 hold your peace.

Scope Points x1,000 Medal
wave 1 Awarded for performing a multi-kill of 40 or more enemies
wave 5 Awarded for 90% shot accuracy in a single wave
wave 1 Awarded for 90% food collection in a single wave
stage 10 Awarded for 90% coin collection in a single stage
stage 10 Awarded for 90% kill ratio in a single stage
stage 10 Awarded for no deaths in a single stage
stage 10 Awarded for not using any special weapons in a single stage
stage 10 Awarded for not using satellites in a single stage
stage 30 Awarded for not collecting any power-ups in a single stage
mission 20 Awarded for 90% food collection in an entire mission
mission 50 Awarded for completing an entire mission without using any special weapons
mission 25 Awarded for completing an entire mission without using satellites
mission 50 Awarded for completing an entire mission without dying once
mission 20 Awarded for not overheating in an entire mission
mission 50 Awarded for successfully completing a mission without any mountable equipment or satellites

Medal score is added to base score before applying any boosts/penalties, so it naturally scales with difficulty.

For mission-scope medals only, there’s also a +10% bonus for each mission stage (except the first), so e.g. a 10-stage mission would be (almost) double the numbers in the table above.

19 Likes

Seems fine, at least to my somewhat inexperienced eye. At least until testing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s genius…people will be too busy studying the table to ask questions.

2 Likes

I noticed that Medal of Extreme Unpreparedness does not yet have the +10% bonus applied for each stage.

“successfully”

Fixed in v.41
:medal_sports: Bug

6 Likes

Should they award like,a boost to the keys or something?Like,+5%?

After playing for a bit - the 30k still isn’t really making itself worthwhile…
The power-ups give enough points where most waves will just give you blatantly more points through those, frankly. Going for it would be a lose-lose 90% of the time.

If anyone disagrees though please comment. :wink:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.