Keeping firepower after losing life

When you lose life, your firepower will be decreased, but there can be a new stackable item in store that keeps your firepower after losing life.

5 Likes

Great idea, but what would that stackable item be named?

1 Like

Bruh. That would give an unfair advantage to some people.

1 Like

How it will give unfair advantage? It’s just a mountable.

1 Like

There are some waves in Space Race that may almost always kill you, and keeping firepower after death seems like an obvious advantage, hmm?

But actually it’s like Speedy Recovery, I suppose, a harmless benefit…so ok?

1 Like

Neither are a ‘harmless benefit’. Both would be just as unfair. Makes me wonder why speedy recovery made it into the game to begin with.

8 Likes

Imagine this mountable along with speedy recovery, It’s just gonna be very unfair and would make the space race easy.

Well, I go to Space Races with only one life, so them people with Speedy Recovery don’t have an advantage on me anyway.

There are items that can make space race so easier. :wink: This item is good for new recruits with lower skill.

1 Like

The most useful item for the space race is the mass condenser imo

Space Races would need to be dealt with first, since there already are two perishables you need to have to get a faster time

1 Like

And old players with higher skill using it can also exploit it.

1 Like

iA made a poll once, to decide if the mass condensers should be prohibited from using them in space races or not, and the majority of us voted to keep it

Yes, but the new players have the right to use, aren’t they?

Didn’t the majority vote to disable it? I’d like a link to the topic, tbh.

No, not easier, these items are absolutely necessary if you want to get a good time, which is the exact issue here.

8 Likes

32% voted to keep them as they are, 38% voted to disable them completely, and the remaining 30% voted to nerf them for space races (via damage reduction - 12%, or time penalty - 18%).

So actually, about a third of the “community” (if you can even call the 56 voters that) voted to keep them. Not the majority. The majority wants them either gone from space races completely or at least nerfed.

3 Likes

Huh, I didn’t see that coming

It becomes unfair for the new players too very quickly when the old players also start using it. All I’m saying is that any item that massively improves gameplay can also be used by the people they weren’t meant to benefit so you’re not improving anything. Perhaps not reducing firepower can be as a part of tourist and rookie skill, if you really want to make the game less brutal for new players, since perishables can be used by virtually anybody, and if anyone is in need of this, it’s the players on Tourist.

Well, you can’t change difficulties in the space race