šŸŒŽ How to translate the game

Yeah, is ā€œHaceā€

iA, what do you think about this: šŸŒŽ How to translate the game - #273 by Francis

So Iā€™m new to this game, does anybody know where could I log in in the game so I can be able to translate the game ?

1 Like

link an email from the main menu, then save the world and hit ctrl + t

though most, if not all lines have already been translated to vietnamese by us lol

1 Like

Save the words

And remember: Never translate weapons (such as Ion Blaster).
Look at this reply in the topic: šŸŒŽ How to translate the game - #160 by ScarletCuboids

How would that help? You shouldnā€™t care about other peopleā€™s translations unless youā€™re not satisfied with your own

1 Like

About lines like this

Can we get rid of ā€œā€”ā€ which puts here and just use Alt+0151 from time to time when needed? The game doesnā€™t allow us to save the thing which is not correctly translated if we keep this.

3 Likes

In the message about depleting items, the consumed item isnā€™t translated (where other messages are language-fixed already). Yes, after setting the language I relogged into the game.

Similar thing happens with medal name and description (I guess this is mentioned in the first post about messages ā€œen masseā€):

Daily Stipend is probably hard to check, because it does appear after the first log-in during the new day.

1 Like

So iA, Iā€™ve gifted the CHL to a friend, and the ā€œChicken Hunter Licenseā€ phrase appeared in his language:

6 Likes

@Nikito, @Sufi, the Bulgarian translation is pretty much done and tested. If you have some time to spare, you can check it for yourselves.
If you find any discrepancies, do tell me so i can fix them.
NOTE: Some translations arenā€™t 1:1. IA said translators have some freedom as long as we are in the allowed word limits, the text sounds good, etc. You get the point. If you find some replacement that sounds better, Iā€™ll replace it if I see fits better.

Another thing - did any one of you did some TNs before me? I saw some things filled in before I started. Crude work, but it helped a bit in the process.

Also, I donā€™t know if there are any other Bulgarians involved with this game besides the three of us. Would like some more opinions. :Š”

I guess, but it depends. In some languages, you can find proper expressions. Still, whatever seems weird when translated, itā€™s best to leave it out (besides the stuff you shouldnā€™t translate, look at 1st post).

@VerMishelb helped me fix it. :Š”. so, everything is fine. Thanks a bunch, mish.

They are working fine now.

Yeah, it appears there are some situations, in which it picks up the recipientā€™s language instead of your native one. Weird.
(Thank you very much for this lovely gift, @Francis! :Š”
You are epic.)

seems like it works whenever it wants toā€¦ (look at mission type)

2 Likes

why hast you brought sufiroth upon us

For help with the Bulgarian translation

If he doesnā€™t want to help, then itā€™s fine. I ainā€™t forcing anyone to help me.

But I do believe that I still need a side view one way or another if I want to deliver something better.

Changed in v.79

Uh-oh. Ok, will fix this, but I donā€™t know how yet.

Fixed in v.79

Yeah, it is. But Iā€™ve double-checked it and it seems to be correct. We wonā€™t know for sure until the language persists between game launches, though.

Fixed in v.79

This message will be sent to you at the time of the assigment, and it will use whatever language you were using at that time. So if you regularly switch between English and Bulgarian (or whatever), then this can happen. Once sent, the language for that message cannot change afterwards.

8 Likes

Hello, i am indonesian translator, :indonesia:

For who helping translation for indonesian, there is a terms to this translation, especially allowed and disallowed translation including grammar:

:white_check_mark: Allowed:

• Name of the waves
  • Special items (ex mines, missile, etc.)
  • Error messages.
  • Plurals with same as single. (Ex. weapons/weapon = senjata)

:x: Disallowed:

• Name of the weapons (ex. Ion Blaster, Riddle, Corn shotgun etc.)
  • Name of spaceship
  • Name of the missions, planets, and galaxies.
  • Name of exclusive items (ex. Chicken Hunter)
  • Configuration of keyboard inputs (ex. Numpad, Home, Insert, etc.)
  • Name of the bosses

If you found disallowed forms, just simple copy original (english) text into it.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to enter Persian and Arabic numerals in the game?
English numbers have ruined most translations!

1 Like

gimme

I only give it to friends I can trust

2 Likes

I have added this capability in v.79, but itā€™s incomplete (the digits will not be properly aligned). This cannot be fixed at this current stage, but I expect to fix it a few versions from now.

Search for the phrase ā€˜01234567890ā€™

4 Likes