🌎 How to translate the game

What do you mean? People can still translate the game.

6 Likes

I stopped translating in a certain language for quite a while now because I wanted to wait out the inevitable changes that would happen to the text, even if they are small. That scared me for a sec

1 Like

That’s what I was told, my bad. I found the explaining article on how to access it. All good now :+1:

3 Likes

Inevitable changes?

1 Like

Copywrite law deals with the content and the owner of the intellectual property, it needs to be an original concept and the creator must be able to prove that it is their creation. In court a judge will decide. Keep in mind that no music is truly new. Inspiration comes from many places and you have been creating based on your surroundings, and exposure. What you choose to say or do is up to you. This is your intellectual rite. You have the ownership of the rite to let another use your work. This is copywrite. Different laws apply everywhere but this definition is my experience. I think “Don’t Get Fooled Again” say’s a lot. Good luck and don’t be fooled. Be well all…

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios
Maybe this issue has been recently risen but I’d like to learn more about applying the user translation into the game. As far as I understood, in order to add new translation to any available fragment of the game, someone needs to proofread first. But is there any way to find out the translation ratings in case it’s provided?

5 Likes

:warning:
In v.119 the text for the mission summary shown at the bottom of the screen (when the game is paused) has changed. The percentage signs % are no longer necessary. Please update your translations accordingly.

12 Likes

Some statistics. There are 12 languages, with the smallest translation (up to 80%).

1 Like

I will try to do hrvatski

Please let us translate “Christmas edition” and other such phrases that get added in the future.

they are not permanent and therefore do not need to be translated

but the same ones appears every year
every year people will suffer again and again

2 Likes

Uh … Changing the name of the spaceship means violating the rule of translations, right?

no, it just sounds weird in some languages

it’s the official IA topic about translation so ofc it’s not gonna close

2 Likes

I always check translations every month and here’s some words, phrases & sentences you need to update! (use my translations)

1 Like

Translation is being applied automatically when several people select the existing version as a preferable one in the Ctrl-T menu. The problem, however, is that people tend to forget this menu exists after they’ve filled up their own translation. So you either have to find others playing the game and using your language to proofread and accept on their side, or hope that it eventually happens on its own.

The first shouldn’t be hard with Vietnamese, I suppose. There are a lot of people.

2 Likes

Is it ok if I can fix some stuff in the Spanish version? Just to help a bit

Just make sure you won’t do something offensive/inappropriate with the translations

Ukrainian is now fully translated (before it was around 97.6%)
Screenshot_89
If anything, it was translated by me