🌎 How to translate the game

I always check translations every month and here’s some words, phrases & sentences you need to update! (use my translations)

1 Like

Translation is being applied automatically when several people select the existing version as a preferable one in the Ctrl-T menu. The problem, however, is that people tend to forget this menu exists after they’ve filled up their own translation. So you either have to find others playing the game and using your language to proofread and accept on their side, or hope that it eventually happens on its own.

The first shouldn’t be hard with Vietnamese, I suppose. There are a lot of people.

2 Likes

Is it ok if I can fix some stuff in the Spanish version? Just to help a bit

Just make sure you won’t do something offensive/inappropriate with the translations

Ukrainian is now fully translated (before it was around 97.6%)
Screenshot_89
If anything, it was translated by me

When scrolling through Polish translations we found some joke translations. We are wondering if these are made by the same person:
(chicken compactor probably went broken)
This one is self-explanatory

(Do not cross or else)
(Another cosplay… of droids this time)
(Buses at 3am)
(Top 10 anime fights, number 1)
(Is this a swimming pool?)

4 Likes

Which person? Can you translate these ‘‘Polish jokes’’?

Added translations

1 Like

These translations are funny, not rude. The punishment therefore shouldn’t be very harsh.

IA considered translation a very sensitive topic,

Either the translation were inappropriate or acceptable, Same punishment will be commenced.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I was kidding.

Translations deleted and player responsible banned.

4 Likes

Just checked how the translation works for regular players. I noticed that in spite of the approves from other players some transtated text in ukrainian still not applied in several areas of the game. The most vivid examples right below:
(“legal” as legal information that described in two words but here it stands like adverb)

(date and other relative unit identifiers are shown as crosses)

(however I did proofread that moment like here, in translation mode it works fine and earned approve for it. Seems like I need more approves here)

I can be wrong but sometimes there’s a feeling that some words have another translation priority that doesn’t allow them to change even with translators’ approves.

1 Like

This was chosen because it was more popular as a translation. I’ve removed it.

This is because more translators chose “день днів” (2 forms, incorrect) than “день дні днів” (3 forms)

I have deleted them, try now.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check later. There is more work that concerns minor typos form other user that are caused by machine translation without proofreading but that might not be a problem.

1 Like

I’ve just checked the changes that should be after your deletion. It was no luck - all remained the same. It seems that the people who voted for these translations didn’t review the head of this forum topic, especially the paragraph about the plurals. This makes the lack of context and person translates everything literally.

I don’t want to insist on deletion of these, because it’s the problem on the translators’ side, but if it’s not a burden, I’ll be appreciated.

Also I have a question: do the translations apply only from the players with their nicknames or from everyone who elaborate (including with blank nicknames)?

Ah, I see what’s going on. If you’ve already selected a language in the main menu, then the translation will not refresh automatically. Either use Ctrl+T in the game, or at the main menu select your language again (which will download the updated phrases).

5 Likes

Thanks, it works as intended.

idk but why “hour” and “minute” words display as an X icon :neutral_face:
Language used: Vietnamese

Same.too.

Interface language: Arabic