A small maintenance update. The main changes are:
- A variety of balancing changes have been made to the weapons.
- Those last two pesky multiplayer bugs have been proven more elusive than anticipated, so they still haven’t been eradicated yet. But their days are numbered.
- Multiplayer games: The bandwidth usage in this version is higher than normal, but this is only temporary. It will revert to its old value in one of the upcoming updates.
- There is now preliminary support for touch screens. If you have a touch screen, please report your experiences here.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
- Translations: Fixed bug where certain translations would not be correctly marked as translator’s own (@LAbare )
- Fixed Ghost Trails being visible at the start of a mission (@MoonKnight Bug)
- Multiplayer: Fixed weapon projectile outlets following wave’s direction of travel rather than spacecraft’s direction of travel (@TheDeadlyKevinSK Bug)
- Compare screen: Fixed less “partial missions” considered as “being better” (@Sophodot Bug)
- Applied WBP suggestions WBP: further weapon balance suggestions (+ test excel sheets) - #62 by GgWw1175 (@GgWw1175 )
- Keyboard shortcut keys no longer consider disabled list items (@LMK.ChraskysussyVN Bug)
- Anomaly zone sound now plays at correct (louder) volume for local player (@ScarletCuboids Bug)
- Multiplayer: Fixed “Show Other Hardpoints” option not working (@LMK.ChraskysussyVN Bug)
- Multiplayer: Fixed engine exhaust of other players sometimes not existing (caused by uninitialized variable).
- Sorting spacecraft “by class” now secondarily sorts by increasing rarity (@hieudang Idea)
- Multiplayer: Fixed squadron assignments being flown as multiplayer counting as assignments for all guests and original squadron leader being notified of results (@LMK.ChraskysussyVN Bug)
- Ported game to macOS (OpenGL 1.1)
- Text rendering: Improved handling of NULL and other non-printable characters.
- Ported game to iOS (incomplete)
- (Temporary change) Instrumented network traffic to debug multiplayer crashes (warning: results in increased bandwidth usage)
- Added touchscreen support (incomplete)