Early Access version 92

MAIN CHANGES

A lot of improvements to multiplayer! It’s still not quite done yet, but the overall experience should be much smoother now.

There’s now a new mission outcome called “PARTIAL”. You get this outcome if you’ve only played part of a multiplayer mission (either because you joined late, left prematurely, or got disconnected). If you play on as a zombie after losing your lives, the outcome is always DEFEAT.

The Photon Swarm’s bandwidth usage has also been fixed, so supporting 20+ players on a single game should be possible now :laughing:

The way mission outcome is calculated has changed in this version (due to multiplayer), so please report any weirdness.

You can read more about multiplayer here: 🚀 Multiplayer

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.
  • :bug: Multiplayer: Yolk-Star wave: Fixed ray guns appearing incorrectly when joining mid-wave.
  • :bug: Multiplayer: Fixed crash when joining multiplayer games during the “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon Cannonade” wave (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Multiplayer: Fixed a lot of crashes (“Could not find object ID”) when host’s (or some guest’s) internet connection was overloaded. Note you’ll still be disconnected (this is unavoidable) – you just won’t crash.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: LAN games are now marked in the browser, and they are no longer blocked due to incompatible NATs.
  • :gear: Translations: Multiplayer phrases that referred to “firewall” now refer to “router”.
  • :gear: Multiplayer: Now have separate messages for “player left the game” and “player timed out”.
  • :bulb: Client now guides Photon Swarm projectiles. Almost entirely eliminates bandwidth usage, in exchange for potential visual inconsistencies between client and server under high ping and/or low FPS.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Anomaly zones now affect each player individually. (@C0mplex :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Host can now kick players out of game.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Red disconnection icon is shown when player is about to get disconnected (i.e., ping rises above 1000ms)
  • :bulb: Multiplayer browser: Disabled games are now sorted at the bottom
  • :bulb: Added contacts-only multiplayer games.
  • :bulb: All missions (except once-only missions) can now be flown multiplayer.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Charity meant for other players is now translucent. (@Desogran :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Improved multiplayer browser UI.
  • :bulb: Latency to multiplayer games is now shown without the need to actually join in.
  • :gear: Added network traffic sequencing to protect against “overloaded network connection” bugs.
  • :bulb: Server capacity is re-checked before joining (avoids “Server is full” hard failure – which is still possible, though less likely now).
  • :bulb: Options → Network: Added option to force UDP port.
  • :bug: Fixed anonymized nicknames being visible in the multiplayer scoreboard (@RainbowBoyVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed anonymized nicknames being visible in the multiplayer system messages (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Updated Terms of Service (Terms of Service - Chicken Invaders Universe)
  • :gear: Ctrl+Alt+X no longer works.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Joining players can now leave game by holding down ESC/Pause/P.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: Minimum 40 FPS is now required to host multiplayer games.
  • :bulb: Only hosting player’s mouse pointer is now shown during in-mission pause menu.
  • :bug: Multiplayer browser: fixed cases of current wave exceeding total waves (@Ardhane271 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed incorrect music playing when joining multiplayer games (@Dawid8 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Joining an ongoing multiplayer mission on its last wave is now not allowed.
  • :bulb: Multiplayer: CHL is now required to join a CHL-only mission.
  • :bug: Multiplayer missions completed after losing all lives are counted as a defeat rather than a victory (@iIfireIi :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Added new “PARTIAL” mission outcome (used in multiplayer missions).
  • :bulb: Perishables now perish for host and all participants in multiplayer missions.
27 Likes

When I go to “Mission Config” in Multiplayer room, then go back I find it empty:

I need to refresh it to be able to work.

Also why this word is small? And how can I know mission type?

Can there be a shortcut in the keyboard to
image button?

Could you make the items count and perish for the joining player starting form their 2nd wave? Because what if there’s a bad connection or they didn’t like the mission and left on their 1st wave after joining? That way they won’t waste their valuable items in a couple of secs.

3 Likes

Actually, can you make them a special icons? Such as a calendar icon or eggs, or atleast instead of “none” there could be like “weekly” “daily” “anniversary”

1 Like

So I got disconnected and discovered I can fly Ironman Competition by clicking on the fly again from the result screen despite not having CHL. I won’t be disqualified by flying lonely. Ironman Competition is still available for me via joining to a multiplayer game.

EDIT: Isn’t the “Kick User” icon a bit violence? Would you replace it with another image or something like this?

Protip: Mount HUD’s and satellites only to not lose anything. r33r2

3 Likes

You don’t even have a license.

Ahem …

I am trying to play multiplayer with someone in the same house, but when clicking on the game in multiplayer it’s stuck on Estabilishing Route and can’t connect. Both of us have full network connectivity:

2 Likes

iA, what is this text placement?

3 Likes

The game just crashed for literally changing nothing in the “Network” option in a singleplayer mission.
Script Fail

UPD 1:

UPD 2: This crash actually happens with all the options.

The error message can’t be seen in the video but it says the same has the other one.

i realized the mission icon is showed NONE

Already reported

3 Likes

Same to me

On chatting part, I can’t press ESC when I want to cancel the chat message.
When I press ESC, it say you have to hold to leave the room.

Also this is weird

Satellite set and item go brrrr

Can the kick button in multiplayer add a message when there is no players for kick like this:
“There are no players in your room for kick”

can you disable those options for guests, because i think it’s exploitable

why pro liz can flying ironman

He’s hacking

maybe the contact

I still can’t join even is contact game

I join an ironman lobby, but then I got timed out. At the results, I tap “Fly again” and it takes me to the ironman preparation screen, and then I can play ironman in singleplayer.

1 Like