Early Access version 90

are you guys gonna roast low end pc?

1 Like

On your own head be it. Limit increased to 99 players.

22 Likes

Oh god

1 Like

Oh, that reminds me of a serious question. How is damage per player calculated? I have to say that the playthrough that Emerald mentioned wasn’t particularly fun due to how low damage the weapons had.

though the 9 dps lightning fryer was pretty funny not gonna lie

ciu battle royale

2 Likes

Why are you legalizing this

Having a votekick system needs to be a top priority, I can tell that there will be lots of trolls who’ll try to ruin the game for others.

5 Likes

imagine 99 players, all with photon with overdrive

1 Like

It will broke my PC

Are firepowers shared among all players?

It’s reduced the more players join. I think it’s the equivalent of +30% enemy health for each player after the first.

This was done to keep the game challenging – you’d otherwise steamroll over all enemies. We can tweak the formula, but I don’t think we can eliminate it altogether.

Possibly. Let’s get some actual complaints first and I’ll address it.

Unsure what you mean. Every player’s firepower is separate.

6 Likes

The space crab in Multiplayer will be a problem to dodge.

Like CI2’s lives

Like, if one player picks up an atomic powerup, the other players’ firepower also increases by 1.

Can you turn off the cannon dropout in multiplayer to avoid bugs or not?

maybe adding a ship indicator will work

No, that doesn’t happen. The game will drop more powerups to accommodate more players, but it’s still possible for a single player to hoard them all. Charity is of course still kept separate.

What is that?

2 Likes

Photon. The translator has translated it incorrectly.

Oh definitely, I just wanted to point out that the formula that worked fine for four players was quite ill-suited for a large amount of players.

On a related note, I think it would be good to force the zoomed out variants of waves when there’s more than 6 players since default zoom would be far too chaotic

I don’t know yet. I suppose if I can’t come up with a better solution, we can disable the homing function (which is what is causing the bandwidth problem)

I can’t do that, especially because there’s no way of knowing in advance how many people will eventually join (the waves are decided in advance). The maximum limit is just that, it’s not a guarantee.

Speaking of the player limit, 99 (or even 10) are just temporary values. Apart from bandwidth, there are other resources that will also run out (memory, CPU, GPU). I’ll collect some data and settle on a reasonable value. Off the cuff, I’d consider anything more than 6 players quite extravagant.

6 Likes