This is another minor update as far as player-facing changes are concerned, but it’s huge in terms of behind-the-scenes groundwork. Significant parts of the game have been re-written in preparation for supporting multiplayer games. Still, this is only the tip of the iceberg. More multiplayer groundwork will come in the next 2 months.
Due to these multiplayer changes, there’s a good chance that something is broken with regards to mission flying, so this is classified as a ‘dangerous’ update. Please check it out and report any weird behaviour immediately – specifically related to:
- mission progress saving/continuing
- mission loadout (lives, perishables, etc)
- in-mission spacecraft customization (paintjobs, hardpoints, satellites)
- mission bonuses (Early Bird, Pecking Order, etc)
- mission/career stats
- mission medals
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
- Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@Francis Idea )
- Scores older than 6 months are now deleted from mission leaderboards during each version update.
- Damaged Balloon chickens no longer disappear when their original group is deleted (e.g., “Zig Zag” wave) (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug )
- UI list sorting criteria are now saved on server and persist across log-ins (@Rektz1337 Idea)
- Fixed excessively large collection radius (bug introduced in v.87 as part of this fix: “Eggular Repulsor” reducing range of “Appetite Attractor”)
- Upside-down variation of “Cardinality of Four” wave: Correctly prevented Balloon chickens from spawning (ineffective v.86 fix) (@TheGoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “I’ll be back” boss: Removed danger zone (@MNaeemi777 Idea)
- Fixed inability to decline dares (because flying dares was not being recorded/remembered correctly) (@MNaeemi777 Bug)
- Galactic Cup: Fixed “Fly mission” button persisting across different cups (@CattyCheese Bug)
- Galactic Cup / Group phase: Fixed fixtures always showing left-hand recruit as “not flown yet” (@youssef Bug)
- Added multiplayer groundwork (part 1).
- Slob/Chickenaut: Fixed visibility bounding radius (@MNaeemi777 Bug)
- Fixed minor typos (@GuestUniverse)
- Galactic Cup: Knockout missions are now hybrid (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Fixed minor text layout (@MNaeemi777)
- Galactic Cup: Added key rewards (100 keys for qualifying, 200 keys for reaching knockout phase, 300/400/500/… for each knockout round (@CattyCheese Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.