Early Access version 88

MAIN CHANGES

This is another minor update as far as player-facing changes are concerned, but it’s huge in terms of behind-the-scenes groundwork. Significant parts of the game have been re-written in preparation for supporting multiplayer games. Still, this is only the tip of the iceberg. More multiplayer groundwork will come in the next 2 months.

Due to these multiplayer changes, there’s a good chance that something is broken with regards to mission flying, so this is classified as a ‘dangerous’ update. Please check it out and report any weird behaviour immediately – specifically related to:

• mission progress saving/continuing
  • mission loadout (lives, perishables, etc)
  • in-mission spacecraft customization (paintjobs, hardpoints, satellites)
  • mission bonuses (Early Bird, Pecking Order, etc)
  • mission/career stats
  • mission medals

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :gear: Strengthened anti-cheat measures (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea )
  • :gear: Scores older than 6 months are now deleted from mission leaderboards during each version update.
  • :bug: Damaged Balloon chickens no longer disappear when their original group is deleted (e.g., “Zig Zag” wave) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug )
  • :bulb: UI list sorting criteria are now saved on server and persist across log-ins (@Rektz1337 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed excessively large collection radius (bug introduced in v.87 as part of this fix: “Eggular Repulsor” reducing range of “Appetite Attractor”)
  • :bug: Upside-down variation of “Cardinality of Four” wave: Correctly prevented Balloon chickens from spawning (ineffective v.86 fix) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “I’ll be back” boss: Removed danger zone (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed inability to decline dares (because flying dares was not being recorded/remembered correctly) (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Galactic Cup: Fixed “Fly mission” button persisting across different cups (@CattyCheese :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Galactic Cup / Group phase: Fixed fixtures always showing left-hand recruit as “not flown yet” (@youssef :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Added multiplayer groundwork (part 1).
  • :bug: Slob/Chickenaut: Fixed visibility bounding radius (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed minor typos (@GuestUniverse)
  • :bulb: Galactic Cup: Knockout missions are now hybrid (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed minor text layout (@MNaeemi777)
  • :bulb: Galactic Cup: Added key rewards (100 keys for qualifying, 200 keys for reaching knockout phase, 300/400/500/… for each knockout round (@CattyCheese :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

18 Likes

I don’t know how to say about new version,just fix some bug

is this some kind of multiplayer like CI3,4,5?

yes, exactly

6 Likes

example

1 Like

ok thanks

Initially I assumed this update would not take so long to be installed, and I have been sitting in front of my laptop waiting for it for a half of an hour when ending up writing down this comment :slight_smile:

Flown time when stopped on HUD and flown time on results screen does not match in pro-gamer mode (they are close, but may be a bigger problem on Space Race):

Also, can you set a key multiplier in Weekly Challenge (Hybrid) and 120th Anniversary please?

1 Like

I got 2 bug medals, instead of 3.

It’s not 3 bug medals – I count 2 bug medals and 1 idea medal.

3 Likes

My bad, sorry.

some question about the galactic cup!!!

so if oponent miss a “match” you should recive 200 points? …or I’m wrong…because I’m pretty sure that more than one of my oponents miss a match and I’m not so sure that I recive those 200 point :stuck_out_tongue: wich brings me to an ideea the ability to see at least the results from day before!

No, only 100. Although “match history” is something good that should be added later.

:warning: IA There are those who cheat and give illegal CHL to everyone

2 Likes

Is he suspiciously giving CHL to too many players? A single image like above doesn’t seem anything illegal to me, so iA should check his purchase history first.

4 Likes

He are giving many CHL to many people, even my love. If her account will be delete by this brat, i will absolutely kill him without hesitation. This is just too much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry but can someone explain this one to me?

1 Like

I think it’s stuff like this:

Basically, before the update, if you set this to “type” and reconnected, it would go back to “date added”. Instead, it gets saved now

1 Like

Ah, cool. Tho I reported smth similar before:

so if I meet 5 ,6 “nule matches” how many points I will lose…especially in the last rounds… it makes no sense I think!