Early Access version 85.3

Gatling roulette
Gatling yolk star
Gatling wormhole
Gatling grid

3 Likes

This is conceived in the “Ricochet” wave so that the saucers don’t shoot.

1 Like

They’re not supposed to shoot everytime. They attack like other chickens.

2 Likes

They just don’t shoot at all. Or should all the enemies in this wave not be shooting?

1 Like

Uh-no, did you try at other waves? I met them at “Palpitating Grid” wave and they attacked normally(like other saucers).

2 Likes

Ah yes… finally…

you can now decline incoming dares

It may not be an opt out button but that’s perfectly fine by me.

1 Like

Would you mind changing the color of the lines so that it would be easier distinguish the difficulty?
I changed User Interface - Dark or light text

1 Like

Is this better to have pecking order for eggs too ?

1 Like

They do, maybe you did break Pecking Order during the first sets of lines?

3 Likes

I was initially against having Fester added into the regular possible enemies pool because visually they don’t blend well with the all-chicken cast, but now after playing for a bit, they’re not that bad. However, there is still an inconsistency: chickens drop food, while aliens only drop coins. Is there something we could change to have them drop food instead? New food item? Change the alien into some sort of mutated chicken?
One other thing is that Fester’s bullet can go any direction depending on the wave, but I imagine the bullet to be fired from the saucer’s red light, which only faces down. Green aliens always fire down which makes it visually consistent with the laser being emitted from the saucer.

2 Likes

So what if there’s a little less food in the wave? I really don’t see why you’re against this, since everyone’s getting the same spawns anyway, there’s no reduction in score. As for his bullets, I’d say the behavior is consistent with other UFO’s such as the chick UFO, and since fester’s role in formations is more or less identical to Chick UFO’s it makes sense for the shots to follow the same logic. Unless you want chick-UFO’s to shoot downwards also, which would be lame.

2 Likes

Well, I suppose it could be possible to make UFOs change their rotation depending on the direction of ‘gravity’/rotation of the player’s ship. Whether or not this would actually look good and always work properly (aka while the direction is switching), I don’t know.

1 Like

That sounds worse to be honest

Hmm… true. It would be inconsistent with other enemies, which don’t do that.

Everyone’s score is the same but food means also keys.
This equals into having less key income on the long term

Also if leaderboards didn’t get a reset, the old scores will be higher than what is actually possible right now due to more resources being avaiable

I don’t think food can be considered a significant enough source of keys considering how pathetic the exchange rate is. Key spawns in missions are worth much more, and they aren’t affected by fester’s presence.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, however it’s not easy to do. Keyboard navigation scans the screen for all UI elements and places the pointer to the nearest one. It has no concept of “default button”.

How? You’re at a disadvantage because you won’t get all the points.

Not buffing bosses at this stage.

No, if you decline it, there’s no turning back.

Correct, but it’s not fixable because all enemies appear a certain distance outside the screen. If I increase the distance for Balloon chickens, then all enemies would be affected.

It plays exactly when it’s fully charged. The sound itself needs some time to ‘ramp up’, but I looked at the sound effect and I can’t trim it any shorter.

A bigger problem is that (apparently) the 3 lasers don’t leave enough maneuvering space for bombers. I might have to change the attack altogether.

Are you bragging about your Cheat Engine skills? Let me get the ban hammer :smirk:

They’re already at 50%. We could reduce it to 25%? Dunno, poll it.

Festers shoot every 6-25 seconds (random), so there might not be enough time for the to shoot until they leave the screen. But I’ve verified they do indeed fire.

Sorry, I can’t. There are so many theme color and dark/light text combinations that some of them will be harder to read.

Scoring changes happen regularly. I make a note to delete leaderboard scores older than 6 months every once in a while to prevent stale ‘unreachable’ scores.

5 Likes

Not really, 'twas a basic math operation. Unless you’re talking about this :wink:

The player doesn’t have enough information to work the exact value out themselves. Did you just type random digits?

2 Likes

I summed the base score and the medal score, then I’ve multiplied them by 1,5009 (knowing that Weapon Virtuosity was smaller than 0,1), got 11227901,2, then tried by 1,5008, and whenever the result got almost close to the final score but not really precise I kept adding a decimal number until I got it right by multiplying it by 1,50014751138.
So, yeah, random digits.

2 Likes