v.85.1 and v.85.2 have serious bugs. Make sure you use v.85.3.
This is mainly a maintenance release, but also includes a significant change with regards to the League: you can now decline incoming dares. Declining means that you don’t play the dare, and it doesn’t count for any points. To prevent abuse, after you decline a dare, you must accept at least one other dare (not necessarily from the same darer) before you can decline again.
Note that friendly dares also count towards your decline limit (although this will probably be changed in the next update).
This update also teases the “Galactic Cup”, which is an upcoming competitive feature. More to come in the next update.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
- Re-saved “Thundercluck” music (-3dB volume, 64Kbps instead of 128Kbps) (@VerMishelb Bug)
- “Thundercluck” boss: Hopping attack is now randomly mirrored horizontally. Looking left-right is disabled throughout attack (@Stardrone Idea)
- “Thundercluck” boss: Removed “HUD Enemy Health Indicator” from guitar (@Star_Light Bug)
- “Fester” alien enemy added to “saucer” tier (at 50% probability) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Thundercluck” boss: Added musical clef ring to guitar-throwing attack for difficulties >=100% (@Stardrone Idea)
- “Thundercluck” boss: Added 2 more lasers to guitar spin attack for difficulties >=100% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Fixed balloon chickens appearing at the center of the screen for a single frame if they are damaged on the same frame they are spawned on (@Alice_De_Uruguay Bug)
- “Thundercluck” boss: Removed pain frames and replaced them with “looking left-right” frames (@Stardrone Idea)
- Translations: “Binary Sun” is now translatable.
- Exploration message: Removed repetition of “wormhole” (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Due to above two changes, galaxy has been regenerated (same seed, no player-facing changes).
- “Skyscrapers/Demolition Crew” waves: Made buildings thinner so that spacecraft always fit between them (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “The Magic Flute” wave: Reduced enemies per portal to 3x4 (was 4x4) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Palpitating Grid” wave: Reduced sets of enemies to 2 (from 3) (@SA-GoldenBoss128)
- “To Infinity and Beyond” wave: Fixed Pecking Order (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Wheel of Fortune”, “Chicken Roulette”: Removed Pecking Order bonus (@Francis Idea)
- “Chicken Quadrants” waves: Removed Pecking Order bonus (@RainbowBoyVN Idea)
- “Visitors from Another Dimension” wave: Inter-portal delay now decreases with difficulty (@Rektz1337 Idea)
- “Tag, you’re it!” wave: Added danger zone (@Mahbod Idea)
- Using special weapons now disables Pecking Order bonus for the current wave (@Fractorial Idea)
- Prevented wormholes from being discoverable from very far away when using keyboard navigation (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Using special weapons now disables Clean Sweep bonus for the current wave (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Chickens ‘n’ Chicks” wave: Reduced number of outer enemy sets to 2 (was 3) (@SA-GoldenBoss128)
- League: Added capability to decline incoming dares. After you decline a dare, you must accept at least one dare (not necessarily from the same darer) before you can decline again.
- League: Dares with score differences less than 5% are now worth proportionally less points.
- “Gladiator” wave: Reduced number of enemy sets to 7 (was 9). (@SA-GoldenBoss128)
- Translations: Mission Config screen: Selected equipment description is now localized correctly without the need to logout/login again.
- Exhaust is now gradually shown/hidden when line-of-sight changes as spacecraft rotates (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Absolver now has a “fully-charged” audiovisual effect (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added “Thundercluck” music to Galactic Store.
- Galactic Store: All music and all backgrounds now cost 250 keys.
v.85.2 Emergency Patch:
- Wormhole names now appear correctly when traveling through them (@CattyCheese Bug)
v.85.3 Emergency Patch:
- Fixed Balloon chickens disappearing when hit (@Anya Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.