Early Access version 84

MAIN CHANGES

Don’t be fooled by the short list of changes for this update – the main attraction (literally) is a new boss! This boss was quite bothersome to get right because it uses novel mechanics throughout, and required the whole nine yards: New music, new sounds, new animations, new graphics, new attacks. Prepare to be rocked!

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bulb: Galactic Store: “Buy” button text is now properly squeezed if space is insufficient.
  • :bug: HUD now fades out correctly as spacecraft approaches (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Translations: Day-of-month numbers are now translatable.
  • :gear: Reworked “project heading onto rect” calculations.
  • :bug: Due to change above, fixed cases where beam weapons would be infinitely long if fired outside screen and missed all enemies (@anon48763505 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: UCO: Reduced maximum drop by 10%, applied sinusoidal curve easing to movement (Lebhleb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Thundercluck” boss (@youraveragegrant :medal_sports: Idea)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

24 Likes

2 minutes to cockfight les go

2 Likes

Thundercluck was too harder than what I thought. I tried that in 53% difficulty.
Seriously, don’t pick BX to fight him.

4 Likes

I have only played it once, on an M404, but I think the blobs and note attacks could be potentially problematic for bombers. The note attacks I dodged easily enough, though I need to test this with my BX8. The blob attacks could become a problem, have to test more to say definitively.

2 Likes

Now put the New boss’ song on the store.

Also, I think this guy needs more health. (Probably about 20%) He dies too fast for his patterns to be seen. He IS hard enough though.

Plus, it IS a new boss. Might as well let it live longer

2 Likes

I disagree there, he’s quite tanky

3 Likes

you just suck
Really? He died in less than 30 seconds for me

you’re a tryhard

It took very long for him to lose health, though I had fp10 boron

i know

IA, can you add this music (Thundercluck boss) on the galatic store?

Just fought the new boss and defeated it at fourth attempt.
The visuals are amazing but I think that the head movement should get more frames in the animation.
For what I saw it only have a left and a right one that constantly change and to me it looks “laggy”.

The attacks, even tough they are hard, are relatively intuitive to avoid.

I found the note attack kinda slow compared to the rest of the others but I lked it.

I find the attack when Thundercluck trows the guitar pointless since it doesn’t pose much of a threat (maybe it is at hard difficulties?) I suggest to add an extra treath to it since I don’t see it as something dangerous.

Speaking of guitar attacks, the laser spin should rotate faster and should do a full circle ,since right now it doesn’t rotate 360° (Maybe it does at difficulties higher than what I fought, please correct me if I’m wrong)

Last attack I want to talk about is the “Magnetic manipulator wannabe” one (the attck when he moves to an edge of the screen and throws smoke bombs in a way similar to the way MM throws asteroids)
I only saw it do that attack from left to right. Can the boss do it on the other side? If not it should.

3 Likes

How about when the battle officially starts, It should have the stage fireworks for 5 seconds or something.

5 Likes

Imma repost this just in case if you forgot

2 Likes

It’s an awesome boss! I’m not sure, but the music notes are looking kinda out of place. I mean, they don’t look rock-y enough or something. Since it’s an electric guitar then maybe Thundercluck could send electric/sound wave-like treble clefs to fit the theme better?

1 Like

Is the heath bar in thunder cluck needed?

Damn, Thundercluck looks awesome
and IA, is this boss on DT? (Double Team)

Yes, it is

1 Like

If you fight Thundercluck (it’s epic, you won’t be disappointed), spotlights start to desync after some time. I assume that’s known but I have to say this anyway.
Music is epic.

3 Likes

i think they should add an among us chicken called ImposterCluck

1 Like

Pretty sure this happens in the 2nd phase, but not the first phase.