v80.1 has some serious issues – please use v80.2 instead
A lot of internal changes in this update, with several translation and server improvements. Player-facing changes include better sorting of challenge missions in your Inbox (Events tab), and a huge reduction in the initial weapon cost in the Galactic Store. Oh, and the Easter content has now been removed. And, as usual, many other small bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
- (ineffective v.79 change) Improved user experience during server upgrades: Balancer will now respond with “upgrade in progress”.
Steam version: Weapon Excel override file now works (must be placed in
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\steam\...) (@Francis Bug)
- Reduced resolution of server stats to 10-minutes (from 1-minute) to conserve space.
Outgoing PIN e-mails are now using a custom
MAIL FROMin an attempt to get them to be accepted by Polish mail servers (onet.pl, opoczta.pl, gazeta.pl, etc.)
- Translations: Fixed incorrect phrase width calculation when custom numeric digits are used.
- Translations: Invisible characters (e.g. ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER) are now not rendered, even if TTF file includes glyphs for them.
- Fixed “irreparably” spelling.
- Color themes: The maximum setting for “Glow size” no longer mixes in 25% white (@VerMishelb Idea)
- “Travel through wormhole” button is now disabled if less than 2 wormholes have been explored (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
Ctrl+Tfrom working until player is fully logged in.
- “Mouse predictor” used in massive environments is now constrained to actual playing area (@MNaeemi777 Bug)
- “Visitors From Another Dimension” wave: Contracted safe zone slightly (@christian_f @Randomkodude Idea)
- Translations: Text no longer overlaps key cost.
- “Tier attained” message: Key rewards are now reported individually for each tier attained (in cases where multiple tiers are attained simultaneously).
- Inbox: Weekly mission button is now labelled “Fly weekly challenge” (@TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Removed OS character buffer limit of 10 characters (to assist in Japanese/Chinese/etc translations that use Microsoft IME)
- Translations: Reworked how numbers are localized. Translation of the “numeric digits” phrase (0123456789) is now mandatory.
- Excel overriding is now only allowed for planetary missions (competitives & dares will result in player being kicked out after wave 1).
- Inbox: Current challenges are now sorted at the top of the “Events” category (@qbus371 Idea)
- Darkness missions: Removed sun corona effects from hot environments (@MNaeemi777 Idea)
- Yolk-Star ray gun charge & fire sound effect: Halved amplitude (-6dB), reduced max simultaneous playbacks from 4 to 2 (@Piotrek1113 Idea)
- Henterprise zap attack: Sound effect is now only played once (was played once for each zap for a maximum of 4x) (@christian_f Bug)
- In-mission “cancel/surrender” button now becomes “skip” after mission is over (@Francis Idea)
- Asteroids wave: Added hero quip (@Francis Idea)
- Controls/Joypads menu: Added “Ignore all joypads” option.
- Reworked profile and game configuration upgrading.
Galactic Store: Weapons now cost 150 keys (was 500), but upgrade cost is now steeper (total cost of ownership for a fully-powered weapon remains the same) (@
Kylo-Hen@Thunder Idea )
- “Satellite auto-fire” is now OFF by default on desktop platforms (@Filip_XD_PLYER @Enhawk Idea)
- In-mission tutorials now have an accidental click safety time of 2.5s (was 1.5s)
- Formula of losing firepower now depends on wave difficulty (1 level for each 20% difficulty). Power won’t drop below 50% (rounded up) of existing power (@Dawid8 @Enhawk Idea)
- Dares to a particular player are now disallowed while a previous dare to the same player is in progress (@christian_f Idea)
- Callsign validation is now stricter (@Francis Idea)
- Search field validation is now stricter (@Francis Idea)
- Disabled “League” button when viewing contacts without callsigns in galaxy (@Francis Bug)
- Removed Easter content.
v80.2 emergency patch:
Added in-mission satellite tutorial.Temporarily removed due to desync crash; will be added back in later. (@Arnav Bug)
When firepower increases, weapon is now upgraded in-place instead of deleted/replaced by a new one (@Dawid8 @TheGoldenBoss128 Idea)Temporarily removed due to bugs. (@Doorpie @Pidgey Bug)
- Fixed (server) crash when printing out negative zero (-0)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.