Early Access version 80.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: v80.1 has some serious issues – please use v80.2 instead

A lot of internal changes in this update, with several translation and server improvements. Player-facing changes include better sorting of challenge missions in your Inbox (Events tab), and a huge reduction in the initial weapon cost in the Galactic Store. Oh, and the Easter content has now been removed. And, as usual, many other small bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :gear: (ineffective v.79 change) Improved user experience during server upgrades: Balancer will now respond with “upgrade in progress”.
  • :gear: Steam version: Weapon Excel override file now works (must be placed in C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU\steam\...) (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Reduced resolution of server stats to 10-minutes (from 1-minute) to conserve space.
  • :gear: Outgoing PIN e-mails are now using a custom MAIL FROM in an attempt to get them to be accepted by Polish mail servers (onet.pl, opoczta.pl, gazeta.pl, etc.)
  • :gear: Translations: Fixed incorrect phrase width calculation when custom numeric digits are used.
  • :gear: Translations: Invisible characters (e.g. ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER) are now not rendered, even if TTF file includes glyphs for them.
  • :bug: Fixed “irreparably” spelling.
  • :bulb: Color themes: The maximum setting for “Glow size” no longer mixes in 25% white (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Travel through wormhole” button is now disabled if less than 2 wormholes have been explored (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Translations. Prevented Ctrl+T from working until player is fully logged in.
  • :bug: “Mouse predictor” used in massive environments is now constrained to actual playing area (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Visitors From Another Dimension” wave: Contracted safe zone slightly (@ThisIsChristianF @Randomkodude :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Translations: Text no longer overlaps key cost.
  • :bulb: “Tier attained” message: Key rewards are now reported individually for each tier attained (in cases where multiple tiers are attained simultaneously).
  • :bulb: Inbox: Weekly mission button is now labelled “Fly weekly challenge” (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed OS character buffer limit of 10 characters (to assist in Japanese/Chinese/etc translations that use Microsoft IME)
  • :gear: Translations: Reworked how numbers are localized. Translation of the “numeric digits” phrase (0123456789) is now mandatory.
  • :gear: Excel overriding is now only allowed for planetary missions (competitives & dares will result in player being kicked out after wave 1).
  • :bulb: Inbox: Current challenges are now sorted at the top of the “Events” category (@kokokokos :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Darkness missions: Removed sun corona effects from hot environments (@MNaeemi777 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Yolk-Star ray gun charge & fire sound effect: Halved amplitude (-6dB), reduced max simultaneous playbacks from 4 to 2 (@Piotrek1113 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Henterprise zap attack: Sound effect is now only played once (was played once for each zap for a maximum of 4x) (@ThisIsChristianF :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: In-mission “cancel/surrender” button now becomes “skip” after mission is over (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Asteroids wave: Added hero quip (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Controls/Joypads menu: Added “Ignore all joypads” option.
  • :gear: Reworked profile and game configuration upgrading.
  • :bulb: Galactic Store: Weapons now cost 150 keys (was 500), but upgrade cost is now steeper (total cost of ownership for a fully-powered weapon remains the same) (@Kylo-Hen @Thunder :medal_sports: Idea )
  • :bulb: “Satellite auto-fire” is now OFF by default on desktop platforms (@Filip_XD_PLYER @Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: In-mission tutorials now have an accidental click safety time of 2.5s (was 1.5s)
  • :bulb: Formula of losing firepower now depends on wave difficulty (1 level for each 20% difficulty). Power won’t drop below 50% (rounded up) of existing power (@Dawid8 @Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Dares to a particular player are now disallowed while a previous dare to the same player is in progress (@ThisIsChristianF :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Callsign validation is now stricter (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Search field validation is now stricter (@Francis :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Disabled “League” button when viewing contacts without callsigns in galaxy (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Removed Easter content.

v80.2 emergency patch:

• :bulb: Added in-mission satellite tutorial. Temporarily removed due to desync crash; will be added back in later. (@Arnav :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: When firepower increases, weapon is now upgraded in-place instead of deleted/replaced by a new one (@Dawid8 @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea) Temporarily removed due to bugs. (@Doorpie @Pidgey :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed (server) crash when printing out negative zero (-0)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

28 Likes

Ahem, ladies and gentlemen, V80 is here.

1 Like

20 more versions for the 1-double oh
And 72 more versions for multiplayer

3 Likes

since when did this happened

i tried to play double team mission and this happened

Why are the numbers confused? Some sections are no longer Persian numbers but English numbers.

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Something’s fishy

You have satellites mounted when you first start the mission, correct?

1 Like

I tried it again and it work perfectly

1 Like

Ooh, is the back-end for the defensive satellite causing this…? Exciting, if so!

1 Like

I doubt it’s the OCDO; I didn’t find any new textures in the archive (unless it’s meant to use one or more of the already existing textures)

Yeah.

Not sure if this is intentional, but picking up an upgrade while using positron stream actually completely stops the weapon from firing now, requiring another click to start again.

3 Likes

Already reported but in Discord server, it also applies to lightning fryer.

2 Likes

@InterAction_studios, why does the game give no advice about satellites when you click on the hint icon here:

Isn’t there a satellite tutorial now? I personally don’t know where to find it lol

1 Like

It appears only one time; when you grab a satellite during a mission. It appears also if you already have the satellite on, which I’m sure is the reason of the game crashes.

2 Likes

Well at least it does not exceed to 5 when losing firepower after death
I was at FP 12 and now go to FP 8

Fixed in v.80.2 :medal_sports: Bug

Because I’ve changed the way it works. I’ll fix it.

Temporarily “fixed” in v.80.2 :medal_sports: (@Doorpie @Pidgey)

I’ve removed it because it was causing problems

4 Likes

OMG you have no idea how helpful this is! Thanks for implementing this!

1 Like