Early Access version 73

MAIN CHANGES

Translations proved to be quite tougher than expected, and more time-consuming :frowning: . All server messages are now localized (which was hard work, believe me), so several new translation entries have been added. Additionally, a few existing translations have been reset due to internal changes. You’ll need to do those again.

Old (existing) Inbox messages will remain hard-coded in English. New incoming messages will dynamically change language, but you’ll need to logout/login after each language change to see the changes (because the Inbox is one of the few screens that is not re-generated otherwise).

This update also includes some improvements/changes to the translation handling (particularly relating to pluralization and right-to-left languages). You will need to set those correctly for your language. Read 🌎 How to translate the game for more.

This issue is still unsolved:

• Thai-style languages, where the accents are not part of the letter, but are superimposed afterwards on it.

:warning: The game is entering feature freeze for the next few days. No changes or fixes will be performed during this phase. I’ll allow 24 hours for any emergency patch issues to crop up, after which the galaxy will be regenerated. Development will resume after fixing any problems regeneration may cause. Regeneration will take place entirely server-side, you don’t need an update for it.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bulb: Superchick boss (in “Multiplicity”): laser attack now alternates between CW and CCW (@ordinary_ryxt :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Dare result” messages: Fixed “anonymize player” leaks.
  • :bulb: “Exponentiality” wave: Henperor health +33% (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Caged Animals/The Zoo”: Fixed Pecking Order (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: League: Matches that resulted in 0 dare points are now also shown (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Panzer Strike” wave: Chaingun/lasergun now fires up to 4 times @100% difficulty (@Recruit_75 @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Contacts screen: Server no longer kicks you out when searching for letter+space+letter (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Military Parade”: Fixed Slobs spawning from the bottom of the screen. In order to fix this, Pecking Order was removed from this wave (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed crash when selecting “League” while nameless contact is being viewed (by removing all nameless contacts) (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Interdimensional Portals”: Partially fixed Pecking Order (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: All nameless contacts have been removed.
  • :gear: All nameless and non-human squadron members have been removed.
  • :bug: Mission Config screen: Fixed special weapons not displaying the “Manual” tag correctly.
  • :bulb: League: “Locate” button now appears even for expired dares (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed capability to override weapon values though an external Excel file.
  • :gear: Yolk-Star phase 2 yolk: Speed now depends on difficulty (-50% @0%, +0% @100%, +20% @140%) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Henlley’s Comet: Stops swooping down at 70% damage (@Kylo-Hen)
  • :bulb: “Shockwave Capacitor” now deals +50% damage (@Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Poultry Payback” and “Shockwave Capacitor” now deal non-massive damage.
  • :bulb: “Chicken Exponentiality”: Reduced probability of appearance by -33% (in Invasion missions only) (@Kylo-Hen)
  • :gear: Preliminary work for Double Team missions.

Translations:

• :gear: New text for Contact notifications.
  • :gear: New text for Inbox tutorial.
  • :gear: Text for Contact notifications and status is now localized correctly.
  • :gear: Fixed text overlap in “Apply” button with key cost.
  • :gear: Mission names for daily/weekly/spacerace/ironman are now localized correctly (note: existing missions will appear broken, but new ones will be correct)
  • :gear: “Logged in/out” notification text is now localized.
  • :gear: All server Inbox messages are now localized.
  • :gear: Thousands/decimal separator in League Inbox messages is now correctly localized.
  • :gear: Constrained/squeezed a lot of UI elements to avoid overlap.
  • :gear: More advanced handling of translated dates.
  • :gear: More advanced handling of translated plural forms.
  • :gear: More (partial) support for RTL languages.
  • :gear: (Partial?) support for Arabic shaping.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

21 Likes

There’s a bug with how Inbox top-10 columns appear in RTL languages. Will fix it and issue an emergency patch. Actually, it’s only cosmetic. It’ll have to wait until v.74.

8 Likes

IA can you reduce the speed of Master Sqwaker in the difficulties >100%? Because it is insane.

Before you were saying… :smirk:

Also read this:

why?

Because it didn’t fit with translations

11 Likes

what is this?

where is my callsign?

what are these :x: s?

texts? also why 0 of 106 pages?

wo uld. LLL? wasn’t it LTR?

the boss rush and chicken invasion colors are wrong

still scores are not available to see

can i know why it is on the text?

1 Like

@InterAction_studios, the wave name still fade in/out

Why shouldn’t wave name fade?

don’t know. it fade.
if you don’t believe, go to discord (CI server) and watch the stream.
i have no apps to record (bandicam always make an error while i am recording)

It’s the text from the other side of the screen. Will fix.

Will fix

Read the translation topic

Because you selected another (wrong) language?

It was. Now it’s LLL or RRR.

A new mission type was added, which has reshuffled the colors. Won’t fix.

Will fix.

What?

It should. I haven’t (yet?) created a fancy messenger for RTL languages.

6 Likes

the sun is on 85/85

The X/Y appears wherever the “center” of the constellation is. It could conceivably be over a sun.

It’s because the green constellation is drawn after the orange one

4 Likes

What type?

Also out of all 34 recruits I can dare, Squawk Block & Darkness missions types only appeared 3 times each(at normal dares), is it intended or they have less chance of appearing?

Also when viewing one of your contacts at League then clicking the arrow buttons to view the default pages the contact’s location changes, watch the video for more detail:

You said if it happened again to let you know. there:

Does it not count because it’s a friendly match?

Retro background at Droid Raid missions looks darker, perhaps make it brighter:

I battled Egg Cannon in hot environment at 94% difficulty(+SSH, so make it 134%) and I used overdrive the whole battle but my weapon didn’t overheat due to spawned chickens dropping lots of gifts, so I suggest to reduce the spawned chicken from Egg Cannon dropping gifts & atoms by -50% just so there can be difference between normal environment and hot environment, and also like that your weapon never overheats because they drop a lot of gifts. It’s fine at Hend Game since its attack stages aren’t gradual but it is for Egg Cannon, that’s why it’s easier.

No, I just played the wave and these are the directions:

Mostly are moving at the red arrow which at the beginning of the wave you have to wait for a whole slow spin tp get the Pecking order because it goes the opposite direction, that’s why I think you should reverse it.

I understand if you won’t fix or add anything in this version like you said above, I’ll just repost it at the next version, no problem.

No idea but this seems to be it

4 Likes

Hmm… I didn’t see that.

Wait! Is that what I think it is?

Oh, it is.

1 Like

Better be for CHL then

What it is? I forgot.

1 Like