Early Access version 72

MAIN CHANGES

This is an emergency update to fix some translation issues. I’ve introduced some partial rudimentary right-to-left language support. Read 🌎 How to translate the game to discover how it works.

There are two known issues with languages:

• Arabic-style languages, where the shape of each letter changes depending on whether it’s begin/middle/end/isolated.
  • Thai-style languages, where the accents are not part of the letter, but are superimposed afterwards on it.

Both problems are currently unsolved. I’m looking into them, but I fear that I don’t have the spare time to solve them at this stage.

Also: Rather self-evidently, galaxy regeneration has been postponed.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail.
  • :bulb: Egg Cannon now drops gifts/atom upon destruction when it only has a single stage (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Special Forces / It’s Party time: Health +33% in “Brothers Reunited”, +50% in “Chicken Exponentiality” (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Moved “Crab v2.0” collision area upwards to match other Crabs (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Crab v.2.0: Projectile speed +33% @100% difficulty (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Comet chase: Danger zones are now shown only on first wave for each stage (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Contacts screen: Fixed unlocalized mission names appearing in contact status (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: bug)
  • :bug: Removed trailing newline from League alternatives (which was causing environment icons to be squeezed) (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Compare screen: “Anonymize player” now hides player callsign (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Henperor: laser attack now alternates between CW and CCW (@TIGAR88 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Mysterious boss: Removed danger zone (@shanikla :medal_sports: Bug)

Translation changes:

• :gear: Added partial support for right-to-left languages
  • :gear: Corrected instances of wrong text phrases being applied due to bad copy-pasting
  • :gear: Relaxed constraints about ending in question marks, periods, and semicolons
  • :gear: Fixed the majority of server-generated text to now use player’s language
  • :gear: Removed some unused phrases
  • :gear: Added capability to revert to English (Ctrl+E) (which in turn allows language re-selection)
  • :gear: Fixed some unconstrained text overlaps in the UI
  • :gear: Comments (right-hand side) now disappear to make room as soon as you start typing in a field.

v72.2 emergency patch (server-side only)

• :bug: Corrected cases where server would not send you your own translation if it matched someone else’s translation.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

24 Likes

donny : UCHO 5 when?
LOL

1 Like

bunger

ah yes the good version 72 sponsord by cikd karlr

why it still not supporting?

still looks wrong.

3 Likes

Find the LTR line and make it RTL.

1 Like

i did but letters should be stick together in persian/arabic but it does not.

Re-log in the game

1 Like

still not working.

for example i type سلام (hello) but it shows س ل ا م or م ا ل س.
in CI5 it worked correctly but i don’t know why it is not working now.

1 Like

I never said it was working. It’s mentioned at the top of this exact topic :roll_eyes:

Besides, aren’t you supposed to be banned? :smirk:

18 Likes

He had another 2 accounts.

1 Like

is using an alt to evade bans a bannable offense
hmmmmmm

YES I’M FROM EGYPT I WANNA IT SUPPORT TOO strong text

4 Likes

well my dad plays CIU too.
and the other has nothing strong to i enjoy.

A question: Why can’t we add any missions from assignments to favorites?

1 Like

because it is assigned. :stuck_out_tongue: LOL!

2 Likes

Imma bit confused there, because I dunno if it will start moving CW or CCW first, and what was previous movement of the attack before that happened?

1 Like

I don’t remember. I think to encourage exploration (so you’d have to discover those missions yourself)? Or some DB complication, perhaps.

It always starts the same way. Memorize it.

It always attacked in the same direction (CCW I think)

5 Likes

:warning: Taking the server down for 60 seconds to apply emergency server-side patch v72.2

6 Likes