The galaxy was supposed to be reset with this update, but so many little bugs & fixes cropped up in the meantime, that the reset has been postponed. As a reminder, a galaxy reset means:
- The galaxy will be regenerated (the position of constellations, star systems, planets, etc. will change)
- Your spacecraft will be placed in a random position in the galaxy.
- Your exploration % will be reset (your exploration medal, if you have one, will persist)
- All planetary missions will be deleted and completely regenerated (due to this, squadron assignments will also be reset)
Also, try out the new “Anonymize player” option. Post any leaks of personal information you find while using this option here, because it will probably be too late if this is discovered during a live stream
The network protocol in this update is incompatible with previous versions, so if you try to log in with an older version, the server won’t be able to even notify you about the upgrade – instead, you’ll be kicked out without an explanation.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
- “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!”: Now shoots 2 outwardly slanted projectiles in difficulties >=70% and another 2 inwardly slanted projectiles in difficulties >=100% (@OneWingLunarian @GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- League screen: Fixed boss wave text not being readable under “dark or light text” setting “3” (@ultra_gejmer Bug)
- League screen: Disabled “dare” button now displays correct reason (@Francis Bug)
- League screen: Removed buttons to dare self and admins (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Window background color is now cyan-blue (was dark red) (@RamonTokus Idea)
- Added “Legal” button to main menu.
- “Bullet Spray Expander”: Maximum simultaneously mounted units is now 8 (was 10)
- “Bullet Spray Condenser”: Maximum simultaneously mounted units is now 4 (was 5)
- Continuous weapons: Lock-on cone now doesn’t become narrower when “Bullet Spray Condenser” is applied (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- All Crab v1.0 variations: “Launch” projectile speed now depends on difficulty (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Fixed bleeding of “upgrade bar” squares in non-native resolutions (@VerMishelb Bug)
- “Feather Fields” wave: Disabled “Clean Sweep” bonus (@BlueGamingVN Bug)
- Darkness missions: Boss explosions now push darkness away for 5s (@WormholeTraveller Idea)
- “Military Parade” wave: Enabled Pecking Order bonus (@blue_ocean Bug)
- “Hennley’s Comet” boss: Speed now depends on difficulty (@KaizoKaioticVN Idea)
- Balloon chickens are now weak against “metal” damage (was “bio”) (@RamonTokus Idea)
- Reworked TCP disconnections, draining, and timeouts (protocol backward compatibility broken).
- Double Team waves: Fixed “Mysterious” boss being visible when spawning (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Thumb-1” mouse button now backs out of menus (similar to ESC) (@BoggY Idea)
- Darkness & electric missions: Lightning now pushes back darkness for 1s (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- Options/Gameplay menu: Added “Anonymize player” option (@VerMishelb @Rippi_17 Idea)
- Tutorial: Added text about galactic coordinates (@blue_ocean Idea)
- Relative times (fine): Years and months are now also shown (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Henpire Ambush”: Enabled Pecking Order bonus (@KaizoKaioticVN Bug)
- Paint screen: Some textures now require a Chicken Hunter License.
- Double Team waves: “Special Forces” boss no longer appears centered horizontally on screen (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Lethal Connections” wave: Fixed randomizer bug that prevented higher-tier enemies from spawning (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- “Bend/Kick it like Beckhen” wave: Excluded footballs from Pecking Order bonus (@Spiv_Briv Bug)
- “Attack of the Giant Crab” is now the easiest Crab in terms of health, followed by “Giant Robotic Space Crab” (@Enhawk Idea)
- Fixed crash when a Contact request would be accepted on a different server than the one currently logged in (@blue_ocean @KaizoKaioticVN Bug)
- Dimensional Phaseouts now last for 4s (was 5s) and cost 10 (was 12) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- 120th Anniversary mission: Removed “Pecking Order” from asteroids waves (@KaizoKaioticVN Bug)
- To maintain compatibility with the upcoming galaxy reset, nebula texture has been vertically flipped.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.