Early Access version 70

MAIN CHANGES

The galaxy was supposed to be reset with this update, but so many little bugs & fixes cropped up in the meantime, that the reset has been postponed. As a reminder, a galaxy reset means:

• The galaxy will be regenerated (the position of constellations, star systems, planets, etc. will change)
  • Your spacecraft will be placed in a random position in the galaxy.
  • Your exploration % will be reset (your exploration medal, if you have one, will persist)
  • All planetary missions will be deleted and completely regenerated (due to this, squadron assignments will also be reset)

Also, try out the new “Anonymize player” option. Post any leaks of personal information you find while using this option here, because it will probably be too late if this is discovered during a live stream :wink:

:warning: The network protocol in this update is incompatible with previous versions, so if you try to log in with an older version, the server won’t be able to even notify you about the upgrade – instead, you’ll be kicked out without an explanation.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
  • :bulb: “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!”: Now shoots 2 outwardly slanted projectiles in difficulties >=70% and another 2 inwardly slanted projectiles in difficulties >=100% (@OneWingLunarian @SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: League screen: Fixed boss wave text not being readable under “dark or light text” setting “3” (@ismet :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: League screen: Disabled “dare” button now displays correct reason (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: League screen: Removed buttons to dare self and admins (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Window background color is now cyan-blue (was dark red) (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added “Legal” button to main menu.
  • :bulb: “Bullet Spray Expander”: Maximum simultaneously mounted units is now 8 (was 10)
  • :bulb: “Bullet Spray Condenser”: Maximum simultaneously mounted units is now 4 (was 5)
  • :bug: Continuous weapons: Lock-on cone now doesn’t become narrower when “Bullet Spray Condenser” is applied (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: All Crab v1.0 variations: “Launch” projectile speed now depends on difficulty (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed bleeding of “upgrade bar” squares in non-native resolutions (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Feather Fields” wave: Disabled “Clean Sweep” bonus (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Darkness missions: Boss explosions now push darkness away for 5s (@CattyCheese :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Military Parade” wave: Enabled Pecking Order bonus (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Hennley’s Comet” boss: Speed now depends on difficulty (@KaizoKaioticVN :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Balloon chickens are now weak against “metal” damage (was “bio”) (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Reworked TCP disconnections, draining, and timeouts (protocol backward compatibility broken).
  • :bug: Double Team waves: Fixed “Mysterious” boss being visible when spawning (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Thumb-1” mouse button now backs out of menus (similar to ESC) (@BoggY :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Darkness & electric missions: Lightning now pushes back darkness for 1s (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Options/Gameplay menu: Added “Anonymize player” option (@VerMishelb @Rippi_17 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Tutorial: Added text about galactic coordinates (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Relative times (fine): Years and months are now also shown (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Henpire Ambush”: Enabled Pecking Order bonus (@KaizoKaioticVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Paint screen: Some textures now require a Chicken Hunter License.
  • :bug: Double Team waves: “Special Forces” boss no longer appears centered horizontally on screen (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Lethal Connections” wave: Fixed randomizer bug that prevented higher-tier enemies from spawning (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: “Bend/Kick it like Beckhen” wave: Excluded footballs from Pecking Order bonus (@Spiv_Briv :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “Attack of the Giant Crab” is now the easiest Crab in terms of health, followed by “Giant Robotic Space Crab” (@Enhawk :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed crash when a Contact request would be accepted on a different server than the one currently logged in (@Star_Light @KaizoKaioticVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Dimensional Phaseouts now last for 4s (was 5s) and cost 10 (was 12) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: 120th Anniversary mission: Removed “Pecking Order” from asteroids waves (@KaizoKaioticVN :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: To maintain compatibility with the upcoming galaxy reset, nebula texture has been vertically flipped.

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

26 Likes

iA, can you check this: Early Access version 69 - #386 by SA-GoldenBoss128

I suggested this before:

2 Likes

Oh nice, I can attempt to get my exploration medal

Oh double nice. Now streamers and shy people can play around without having big issues of being sniped or harassed.

1 Like

Streamer mode still displays your name in stats, comparison and league screens though.

Also, squadrons name still can be seen in the shop.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see the Legal button in the game and information about IP owner, but I’ve got some things to point out.

I don’t want to bark on this since I really do not have a problem with it, but I can imagine a mobile version of the game and mobile players struggling to just press this button. They’d have to press it either with their pinky or just play the game.

I actually got a little idea about it. How about place this information when you launch the game? Just a black screen with legal information that displays for 3-6 seconds and it fades to black and then game starts. Many games do that and gamers don’t have a problem with it since you’ll be able to skip it. Sure, the button can still be there but that’d be convenient for the creator :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Gonna say it again. I really, really don’t have a problem with it. I just want to support and give a little feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes

By the way, this poll seems to have gathered a lot of support:

1 Like

Ok.

Changed in v.71 :medal_sports: Idea

That’s a different kind of bonus. It’s called multi-kill for a reason.

It won’t help shy people. Anonymize player just affects what you see on your screen, not what other players see.

Intended. Even if you anonymize the name, these screens make it easy to know who is playing just by the ranking. So I decided to leave the name in, but it’s not highlighted and the list doesn’t directly jump to it.

Fixed in v.71 :medal_sports: Bug

:roll_eyes: You realize if it goes back in, it’s going to be exactly as it was. There’s no “nerf” that can be performed.

I’ll consider it when the time comes.

5 Likes

Maybe what OneWing suggested could do the trick

Or maybe just add it without a “nerf”

1 Like

What does this mean, exactly?

1 Like

I misunderstood it then. My bad, again.

1 Like

The meteors came from 3/2 directions if I remember correctly. I think they suggested making them come from 1/2 directions only.
If it’s not possible, I guess it can be added without nerfing it

3 Likes

Um… It is.

Did you re-login as the tips says?

4 Likes

Will those with the exploration medal be able to get another one for exploring the whole galaxy again? I don’t own one but I’m curious if that’d work.

5 Likes

I didn’t :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

iA said we won’t but that would be fair :(

5 Likes

i think world building npcs would be nice

2 Likes

The galaxy map is being reset in the future?

That won’t eliminate my personal progress with currency and vehicles, right? I don’t wanna lose my definitive Academy Fighter.

2 Likes

Is it possible to increase the key bonus of the H&C spacecrafts, I think 18% is not enough especially for those people who has just joined UHF recently

1 Like

And can dare points be awarded based on dare difficulty even though the score of the opponent is almost near to the darer’s score (and vice versa).

1 Like

Does that include “The King of Crabs” or only “Giant Robotic Space Crab”?

Also you need to move the coordinates up & right a little so they can fit there:

And image is hidden in galaxy map whenever you click on something like players, planets, etc… can you fix it?

Why some bosses rarely appear like “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!” at high difficulties? While some appear a lot? Is it possible to balance them.

Can you add the CHL badge to the required textures?

Can you show days too?

I dared Arnav normal dare but it won’t let me dare him a friendly match:

Why? I know I can dare friendly matches multiple times a day.

Also if a recruit’s rank is too far away from you and has not logged in too, it’ll say “Recruit has not logged in recently.”. Could make it say “Recruit’s rank is too far away from you”? It would make more sense.

How about at “It’s the Mother-Hen ship!” the yolk shoots faster the more it gets redder/hurt? Make it slow at the beginning.

Could you buff the key rewards x3 at most active daily/weekly?

Could you add missions with multiple environments at League? Like hot+electric, massive+frozen, even hot+frozen, make it random. You can allow missions with 3 environments(will have a small chance).

Could Magnetic Manipulator spawns 2 asteroid patterns instead of 1? This will only apply from 100 difficulty, but make the asteroids slow down.

I noticed that hot & frozen Ironman are in order, like this time it’s hot, then frozen, then hot and so on. Is it in order or random? I’d love it to be random.

Could you add “League” button here:

I almost crashed into “Feather Brain” was about to destroy it, then I didn’t die luckly but the weird thing is that it didn’t drop any food.

Could this be fixed:

Why there’s no multi-kill at Feather Fields :frowning: There used to be before.

I used Absolver at “Armored Division” which means I destroyed 10 of them but I still didn’t get image you said before that I need at least 10 shots per wave for it.

Could you enable Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V? To be easier for emojis.

1 Like