A small bug-fixing update, but there’s the notable addition that the game is now fully controllable by keyboard/gamepad (note that only Xbox-style gamepads are supported as far as the right analogue stick is concerned). It’s not very efficient to play this way, but it’s certainly possible. Let me know if you find any place in the game that still requires a mouse. The controls are explained in Options->Controls->Keyboard and Options->Controls->Joypad.
Another thing to watch out for is that all Chicken Hunter Licenses have been removed, so you’ll need to buy them again (they’re still free).
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
- Ironman: Base score multiplier is now 300% (previously, only keys had 300%) (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Updated copyright to 2021 (@Star_Light Bug)
- Store: Added padding between equipment description and cost (@Star_Light Bug)
- Squawk block: Prevented Balloon chickens from spawning (@ngoinhado Bug)
- Store: Added message when store sells no equipment at all (@Sammarald Bug)
- Fixed game incorrectly behaving as if focus were lost when monitor goes to sleep (caused by bad v.62 fix “Fixed DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL crash when monitor goes to sleep during exclusive full-screen mode”) (@Vuxon Bug)
- Game is now entirely controllable by keyboard/joystick/gamepad (don’t expect miracles, though – a mouse is still the recommended control method). Required controls are explained in Options -> Controls menu.
- Mouse wheel is no longer reported as mouse position Z axis.
- Default joystick deadzone is now 40% (was 20%), and goes up to a maximum of 75% of total range (was 50%).
- Fixed Space Race challenge message expiring after 24 hours instead of 3 days (@Sammarald Bug)
- “All-time best” rankings are now updated in real time.
- Store: Added “Retro background” (@Star_Light @YoussofKhaled @VerMishelb Idea)
- Added “Chicken Acrobatics” wave (mirrored + 2 variations) (@Star_Light Idea)
- Removed Chicken Hunter Licenses from all players.
- Recalculated “missions won X/Y” (feature added in v.34) to fix number discrepancies (due to squadron assignments? or possibly Key Rushes) (@duc17 Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.