Early Access version 64

MAIN CHANGES

A small bug-fixing update, but there’s the notable addition that the game is now fully controllable by keyboard/gamepad (note that only Xbox-style gamepads are supported as far as the right analogue stick is concerned). It’s not very efficient to play this way, but it’s certainly possible. Let me know if you find any place in the game that still requires a mouse. The controls are explained in Options->Controls->Keyboard and Options->Controls->Joypad.

Another thing to watch out for is that all Chicken Hunter Licenses have been removed, so you’ll need to buy them again (they’re still free).

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime.
  • :bug: Ironman: Base score multiplier is now 300% (previously, only keys had 300%) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Updated copyright to 2021 (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Store: Added padding between equipment description and cost (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Squawk block: Prevented Balloon chickens from spawning (@ngoinhado :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Store: Added message when store sells no equipment at all (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed game incorrectly behaving as if focus were lost when monitor goes to sleep (caused by bad v.62 fix “Fixed DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL crash when monitor goes to sleep during exclusive full-screen mode”) (@Vuxon :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Game is now entirely controllable by keyboard/joystick/gamepad (don’t expect miracles, though – a mouse is still the recommended control method). Required controls are explained in Options -> Controls menu.
  • :gear: Mouse wheel is no longer reported as mouse position Z axis.
  • :gear: Default joystick deadzone is now 40% (was 20%), and goes up to a maximum of 75% of total range (was 50%).
  • :bug: Fixed Space Race challenge message expiring after 24 hours instead of 3 days (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: “All-time best” rankings are now updated in real time.
  • :new: Store: Added “Retro background” (@Star_Light @YoussofKhaled @VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Chicken Acrobatics” wave (mirrored + 2 variations) (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Removed Chicken Hunter Licenses from all players.
  • :bug: Recalculated “missions won X/Y” (feature added in v.34) to fix number discrepancies (due to squadron assignments? or possibly Key Rushes) (@duc17 :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

22 Likes

3 Likes

Your antivirus probably blocked it.

7 Likes

okay THX

3 Likes

May I ask why you removed CHL if we can get it back for free?

Its a t e s t

6 Likes

It’s for testing. I made some changes to the purchasing system and I need to make sure everything still works.

4 Likes

I noticed that Weekly Challenge change a bit after the update, like now I tired it before the new Weekly Challenge came and I noticed that some wave were different. May I ask why competitive missions can change after we download the update?

Like the new wave gets included for example :wink:

2nd version of it appeared too:

4 Likes

When a new wave gets added into the wave pool, it’s likely going to affect every mission’s generation where that wave pool is used, so that people may get to see it

7 Likes

Before daily progress messages Weekly Challenge messages used to come 10 min after midnight. Now Weekly Challenge daily progress messages comes exactly at midnight, but Ironman daily progress messages comes 15 min after midnight.

Why couldn’t all of them be at the same time?

Oh, that’s why there’s a huge difference between scores now, lol.

7 Likes

I have an idea: Chicken balloons can fall in the direction of the player

Already suggested a lot.

What’s challenge’s name ?

it’s the Ironman Competition

2 Likes

I thinked this daily challenge hard
Because it has egg connon and you can just the chickens and score more points

I don’t think it’s possible to go beyond 100M points in daily hard

3 Likes

If I am right, each chicken from this mission is worth 1 point in this challenge. Power-ups don’t fall out either, if I remember correctly. You would have to kill a lot of chickens like this to score 100 million points :smiley: You can always try.

1 Like

I Know but I scored 1000000 points in that

All in all, it’s a good idea for a challenge where people post pictures of how many points they have scored from a boss like Egg Cannon or Hend Game :laughing:

I will just repeat the idea of adding “Close Encounters” wave from CI3. Unless a different use of UFOs in missions is planned.

So Uh When I Was Doing The 360o Attack
When The Time I Paused
1 Bullet Was Still Red

Screenshot_105
Is This Is Just Normal Or A Bug?

11 Likes