Early Access version 62

Probably the cost of simpler implementation. It doesn’t affect gameplay anyway.

2 Likes

Why this still here?

Probably the cost of simpler implementation.

Because first top-10 message is empty, as there was no challenge before it.

I mean why is this not delete it yet? We have another top-10 message IronMan competition.

Because it used to hold there for 11 days as first challenge was intended to be.

4 Likes

so it will delete until day 11?

Should disappear at Sunday/next Monday.

1 Like

How?

What @VerMishelb said. But it turns out that I forgot to factor in the cost of people complaining about it :wink:

Fixed in v.63 :medal_sports: Bug

Again, what @VerMishelb said. It will disappear after 11 days, not 7.

2 Likes

My bad, mistook progress message with top-10 message.

Just to clarify: if you finish a challenge after the deadline (even by 1 minute), then your result is ignored.

Deadline is midnight GMT.

6 Likes

Then what about having it end 15 minutes earlier, and then release it 15 minutes later?

Basically: Stops at 23:45, starts again and results at 00:15.

This should give the last minute players more than enough time to finish up so they can qualify.

I could make the challenge message expire (disappear) at 23:45, but as far as I can remember, messages do NOT expire while you’re logged in, so if you logged in before 23:45 you could still see it and play it.

I think it’s a much cleaner solution to simply ignore results, than trying to prevent people from flying it. It still counts towards your career – it will just be ignored for the top-10.

2 Likes

What about adding a warning that shows up if you try to start one with less than 30 minutes left before expiring?

“If you complete this mission after it expires, your score will not be entered into the top 10. (It will still count towards your career.)”

1 Like

What about this IA ?

There’s a larger problem here – that the player isn’t told exactly when the deadline is. This can become a problem for U.S. players that have deadlines from 16:00-19:00 (their local time).

This is complicated by the fact that missions themselves never expire (in fact, there’s no such thing in the game as a mission’s expiration date). Only the inbox messages expire so you can no longer fly them.

I’ll come up with a solution :thinking:

No.

5 Likes

Hm. This gives me an idea.

What about adding an ingame clock? It could even work as Screensaver mode from Island Wars 2, with some special animations that play at specific times. (For example: Hero being chased by 4 big chickens at 0:00, Henperor’s Apprentice leading chicks at 13:37, etc.)

1 Like

Already suggested.

1 Like

understandable have a nice day

(I’m actually suggesting Screensaver mode with a clock tho)

In my defense can say your initial post was smaller.

3 Likes

Speaking of screensavers, why not adding to the shop some screensavers that pop up when you’re afk? (or maybe the ability to use the backgrounds as screensavers)