Early Access version 61.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: I’ve released the v61.2 emergency patch to fix the E_NOINTERFACE error some Windows 7 users are experiencing. There is no need to use this patch if your game is working properly.

This is a huge update in a lot of ways (even though on first glance it might not appear to be). New content , new missions, new medals, bug fixes, and new (experimental) purchasing functionality.

Lasergun mini-boss: Similar to the chick gatling gun, this one uses instant-hit lasers. It will appear randomly wherever the gatling gun appears.

Shady dealer NPCs: Think of them as mobile stores which offer a limited selection, but at huge discounts. They move around the galaxy, so you might need to search for them first. Inventory is refreshed daily, and chance for rare equipment is also increased here.

Ironman competition: This is a new type of extremely hard challenge, intended only for experienced players. Most importantly, this is a challenge that requires a Chicken Hunter License for participation. Not to worry, though, because CHLs are currently free for testing purposes. It comes with its own unique medal for 1st place. First challenge will be generated Wednesday morning, with subsequent challenges 11 days later.

Chicken Hunter License: You can get those by selecting on the “sack of keys” icon on the left side of galaxy map (it’s immediately below the Galactic Store button).

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bulb: (Reverted v60. bugfix: Music doesn’t fade in between two boss waves that use the same music). If two waves play the same music, then music now carries on playing continuously (even if those waves are boss waves).
  • :bug: Fences now place victim damage at center of collided target area (previously placed it where fence emanates from) – affects where Poultry Payback is placed.
  • :new: Added “lasergun” chick mini-boss (@trueuser :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Gatling gun” mini-boss now ejects chick pilot upon death (@Star_Light @SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :new: Added “Shady Dealer” NPCs (@PeriCore :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Camera now zooms closer when entering regional & shady shops.
  • :gear: More accurate server-side simulation of NPCs (reduces warping/judder).
  • :new: Game now uses Christmas Edition music tracks whenever possible (temporary change)
  • :new: Added falling snowflakes to title screen (temporary change)
  • :new: Swapped Chistmas Edition faces on some chickens (temporary change)
  • :bug: Shop UI: Added padding between upgrade level widget and cost (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed very long text being laid out incorrectly in balloon tips (@1uws :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Ironman Competition” missions.
  • :new: Added “Ironman” medal.
  • :bug: Fixed sun color being white when playing competitive/challenge missions with a hot environment (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Changed .exe icon.
  • :bug: Fixed Henterprise final explosion sound (was being played at 0 volume – bug introduced in v.16).
  • :bulb: Reworked Henterprise final explosion.
  • :bug: Fixed Henterprise final explosion appearing at top of screen even when Henterprise was not (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added “Double Team” boss wave (2 bosses) (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Added “Double Team” boss quips (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Compiled with VS2019 16.8.3
  • :gear: Uses DXGI v1.2 (minimum requirement: Windows 7 + Platform Update. Lost compatibility with Vista?)
  • :gear: All DirectX VertexBuffer objects are now created on-demand just before they’re drawn.
  • :gear: SetFullscreenState() failures are no longer fatal – game will keep retrying (might alleviate DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE errors)
  • :gear: CreateRenderTargetView() failures are no longer fatal – device will be reset instead (might alleviate DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors)
  • :bulb: Removed unoriginality penalty from competitive missions.

v61.2 patch:

• [v61.2 patch] :bug: Fixed bleeding of mission icons (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • [v61.2 patch] :bug: Fixed DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL crash when monitor goes to sleep during exclusive full-screen mode (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • [v61.2 patch] :gear: Reverted to DXGI 1.0 (was DXGI 1.2, but caused several E_NOINTERFACE errors, even with the Windows 7 Platform Update installed?)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

22 Likes

Now it works and I see this precious text until I release the mouse button.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t removing Unoriginality Penalty make them too farmable?

Also, does Double Team only appear exclusively in Ironman?

1 Like

But once you release the mouse button, the “FULL SCREEN IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE” text disappears?

Farmable in what way? For keys? They already are – unoriginality only affects score.

Yes, currently.

4 Likes

Yes, the window blinks like it updates and text disappears.

1 Like

That’s good. Blinking means that it’s entering fullscreen mode.

So you’ve been holding the mouse down all this time? I didn’t get that from your original description – I thought you just clicked on an empty area of the desktop.

3 Likes

Will UG be added in V62? Would be nice.
(I know I’m nagging, but I’m just really curious)

1 Like

Nah I was holding it. Double-clicked and hold.
Also, can game not self-destroy when you purchase anything?

1 Like

I downloaded the new update and it gives me this error

2 Likes

Do the shady dealers constantly change their position? If not, where are they?

1 Like

Shady Dealer shop reveal

6 Likes

Are the shady dealers intended to have all their items be 50% off?

1 Like

This is problematic when you’re in full screen, because the browser window might not become visible. I don’t think it’s a huge inconvenience – how often do you expect to be purchasing stuff? :wink:

No. Also, let’s see how you guys handle Ironman first.

7 Likes

Wait, where was that shady dealer’s location? Can you please tell me?

2 Likes

Take a picture of his face

E_NOINTERFACE: Can you please install this and try again?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Let me know if it solves your problem.

3 Likes

I don’t know what this means, but I see this random tickmark in the middle off space:

But when I zoom in its gone. There’s nothing there.

2 Likes

Ok I left the game opened to update it on second PC and when I returned I found this.

Omg my computer recorded moment of crash. It happened right after my monitor went to sleep mode.

2 Likes

That’s because you have a filter set in the “Information Overlay”
When you zoom in, the tickmark moves from the center of the constellation to the exact star system. If you pan around, you’ll find it again.

Edit: Actually, there’s a bug that might expose the location of a e.g. Space Burger even if you haven’t explored its star system. So the tickmark might indeed disappear when you zoom in.

Looking into this. Update: Ok, I got it to reproduce.

7 Likes

mmmmmmmmmmm, that detail

mmmmmmmm.PNG

5 Likes