I’ve released the v61.2 emergency patch to fix the
E_NOINTERFACE error some Windows 7 users are experiencing. There is no need to use this patch if your game is working properly.
This is a huge update in a lot of ways (even though on first glance it might not appear to be). New content , new missions, new medals, bug fixes, and new (experimental) purchasing functionality.
Lasergun mini-boss: Similar to the chick gatling gun, this one uses instant-hit lasers. It will appear randomly wherever the gatling gun appears.
Shady dealer NPCs: Think of them as mobile stores which offer a limited selection, but at huge discounts. They move around the galaxy, so you might need to search for them first. Inventory is refreshed daily, and chance for rare equipment is also increased here.
Ironman competition: This is a new type of extremely hard challenge, intended only for experienced players. Most importantly, this is a challenge that requires a Chicken Hunter License for participation. Not to worry, though, because CHLs are currently free for testing purposes. It comes with its own unique medal for 1st place. First challenge will be generated Wednesday morning, with subsequent challenges 11 days later.
Chicken Hunter License: You can get those by selecting on the “sack of keys” icon on the left side of galaxy map (it’s immediately below the Galactic Store button).
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- (Reverted v60. bugfix: Music doesn’t fade in between two boss waves that use the same music). If two waves play the same music, then music now carries on playing continuously (even if those waves are boss waves).
- Fences now place victim damage at center of collided target area (previously placed it where fence emanates from) – affects where Poultry Payback is placed.
- Added “lasergun” chick mini-boss (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- “Gatling gun” mini-boss now ejects chick pilot upon death (@blue_ocean @lbekeneb88 Idea)
- Added “Shady Dealer” NPCs (@PeriCore Idea)
- Camera now zooms closer when entering regional & shady shops.
- More accurate server-side simulation of NPCs (reduces warping/judder).
- Game now uses Christmas Edition music tracks whenever possible (temporary change)
- Added falling snowflakes to title screen (temporary change)
- Swapped Chistmas Edition faces on some chickens (temporary change)
- Shop UI: Added padding between upgrade level widget and cost (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- Fixed very long text being laid out incorrectly in balloon tips (@1uws Bug)
- Added “Ironman Competition” missions.
- Added “Ironman” medal.
- Fixed sun color being white when playing competitive/challenge missions with a hot environment (@RamonTokus Bug)
- Changed .exe icon.
- Fixed Henterprise final explosion sound (was being played at 0 volume – bug introduced in v.16).
- Reworked Henterprise final explosion.
- Fixed Henterprise final explosion appearing at top of screen even when Henterprise was not (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- Added “Double Team” boss wave (2 bosses) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added “Double Team” boss quips (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Compiled with VS2019 16.8.3
- Uses DXGI v1.2 (minimum requirement: Windows 7 + Platform Update. Lost compatibility with Vista?)
- All DirectX VertexBuffer objects are now created on-demand just before they’re drawn.
- SetFullscreenState() failures are no longer fatal – game will keep retrying (might alleviate DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE errors)
- CreateRenderTargetView() failures are no longer fatal – device will be reset instead (might alleviate DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors)
- Removed unoriginality penalty from competitive missions.
- [v61.2 patch] Fixed bleeding of mission icons (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- [v61.2 patch] Fixed DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL crash when monitor goes to sleep during exclusive full-screen mode (@VerMishelb Bug)
- [v61.2 patch] Reverted to DXGI 1.0 (was DXGI 1.2, but caused several E_NOINTERFACE errors, even with the Windows 7 Platform Update installed?)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.