Early Access version 58.2

MAIN CHANGES

:warning: v58.1 crashes upon startup in Windows 8 and 8.1 . Use v.58.2 instead.

Another short update due to technical reasons.

The game now uses DirectX 11.1, which should result in improved performance in fullscreen (and possibly borderless) modes in Windows 10 (sadly, this particular DirectX 11.1 feature is unavailable in earlier versions of Windows, so you won’t see any improvement there).

Reminder: Due to a technicality, your graphics options are always lost when upgrading between versions. In particular, you must be sure to set your desired window/borderless/fullscreen setting on each version individually.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
  • if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Radial fader doesn’t completely shut (@Pidgey :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Galaxy menu screen: Login e-mail removed (@Sammarald :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Tutorial mission: Help overlays now have a 1.5s safety time against accidental skipping (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Accounts screen: Added title (@matix524 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Graphics/Advanced menu: Fixed crash when exiting menu while no full-screen video modes are available.
  • :bulb: “Magnetic Manipulator” now uses CI5 victory theme.
  • :bulb: Tutorial mission now uses CI5 victory theme (@ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: “Fancy” CI5 messenger: Fixed crash when purging font textures while they’re being displayed (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Account PIN would not be accepted if e-mail contains uppercase letters (@Thunder :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: E-mail addresses are now stored on client in all-lowercase format (existing ones are not forced to lowercase)
  • :gear: Fixed unable to set/change e-mail when it’s more than 32 characters long.
  • :bulb: “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” wave: cowards and assassins are disabled regardless of difficulty (were previously disabled only for difficulties <75%) (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: “Henlley’s Comet” boss now drops coins when destroyed (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: E-mail submission screen: Added warning about submitting non-owned e-mails.
  • :bulb: “Fancy” CI5 messenger: Halved widening/spread-out as text disappears (@trueuser :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Login screen no longer shows e-mail.
  • :gear: Uses DirectX 11.1 to take advantage of flip-model swapchains (available in Windows 10 only) for improved performance.
  • :gear: Server is now collecting GPU/DirectX stats.
  • :gear: Added more debug information for failed fread() calls.
  • :bug: Tutorial Mission: On Wave 3, Neutron Gun is only automatically given if the current weapon is still Moron (@Star_Light :medal_sports: Bug)

v58.2 patch:

• :bug: Fixed crash on Win8/8.1 due to unsupported DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD flag (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

16 Likes

I didn’t see fancy messenger
How it works? And how I can use it?

this is how it looks like

It appears when a wave starts.

1 Like

Can’t boot the game (Win 8.1)

1 Like

Got the same problem like 22 seconds ago

Apparently this optimization is unavailable on Windows 8 either?

Working on it.

Update: Fixed in v.58.2 :medal_sports: Bug

8 Likes

there should be an option to buy different text wave messengers in the store (also including the ones from CI3 and 4)

2 Likes

It’s working now. Does this mean Windows 8 doesn’t get these optimizations? How much is the performance anyway?

Also, regarding performance, is it possible to remove the FPS cap here? Or at least increase to 144/150 as that’s a common monitor refresh rate?

Sadly, the optimizations are Windows-10 only. The good news is that they mainly help with older graphics cards… if your card can hit 60fps consistently, you don’t really need them.

I’ll increase the limit to 150… although you might notice some small oscillations. :medal_sports: Idea

7 Likes

wooooohooooo my data returned :partying_face: . thanks IA very much

7 Likes

Now enjoy playing the game

1 Like

after returning my data i made 144.000 point multi kill in my second mission after returning my data

With this change, the music in Meteor Storm missions now abruptly changes from CI3 victory to CI5 victory as you reach the boss wave.
It also happens when you end session and return to it.

13 Likes

i can´t download the version 58 :c

Reason plz

Why? What’s the reason?

If it’s about the download link, you should copy & paste it in new tab. It’ll work. It happens to everyone.

I noticed something: if you change from “Borderless” to “Full screen” you can view the game in mini tab with mouse: image and even screenshot when pressing PrtSc. So basically the same things with “Borderless” but sadly if you close then open the game again it won’t work anymore. You have to change to “Borderless” then switch back to “Full screen” again in order for this trick to work. anyway is that normal? Does some people know about this too? I knew this after the update in case you don’t know. Because I was switched to “Borderless” automatically.

Once after I download the update. I noticed that Weekly Challenge has changed. It didn’t change this update. So what is the cause of this?

1 Like

The Iron Chef should be prevented from Chicken Invasion. This boss already exists in droid raid missions.

1 Like

I paused the game to go to the store and when I came back this was waiting for me
Chicken Invaders Universe 10_23_2020 11_37_44 PM

@InterAction_studios
why could you even have access to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ESC buttons in newcomer intro???
below is a video of a customized ship in the tutorial

also, i can still hear nofis in the intro

I regret pressing 1 now I can’t make this go away and I sure panned and zoomed

I logged in as guest and (Due to some reason) paused the game and saw this:

IMO the starfield should not show up, instead it would be like this:

2 Likes