v58.1 crashes upon startup in Windows 8 and 8.1 . Use v.58.2 instead.
Another short update due to technical reasons.
The game now uses DirectX 11.1, which should result in improved performance in fullscreen (and possibly borderless) modes in Windows 10 (sadly, this particular DirectX 11.1 feature is unavailable in earlier versions of Windows, so you won’t see any improvement there).
Reminder: Due to a technicality, your graphics options are always lost when upgrading between versions. In particular, you must be sure to set your desired window/borderless/fullscreen setting on each version individually.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- all graphics options, which includes your window/borderless/fullscreen setting.
- if any options have been removed or added to a new version, then all menu options (not just graphics) will be lost.
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Fixed bug: Radial fader doesn’t completely shut (@Pidgey Bug)
- Galaxy menu screen: Login e-mail removed (@EmeraldBirb Idea)
- Tutorial mission: Help overlays now have a 1.5s safety time against accidental skipping (@VerMishelb Idea)
- Accounts screen: Added title (@matix524 Idea)
- Graphics/Advanced menu: Fixed crash when exiting menu while no full-screen video modes are available.
- “Magnetic Manipulator” now uses CI5 victory theme.
- Tutorial mission now uses CI5 victory theme (@ScarletCuboids Idea)
- “Fancy” CI5 messenger: Fixed crash when purging font textures while they’re being displayed (@SA-GoldenBoss128 Bug)
- Fixed bug: Account PIN would not be accepted if e-mail contains uppercase letters (@Thunder Bug)
- E-mail addresses are now stored on client in all-lowercase format (existing ones are not forced to lowercase)
- Fixed unable to set/change e-mail when it’s more than 32 characters long.
- “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” wave: cowards and assassins are disabled regardless of difficulty (were previously disabled only for difficulties <75%) (@VerMishelb Idea)
- “Henlley’s Comet” boss now drops coins when destroyed (@VerMishelb Idea)
- E-mail submission screen: Added warning about submitting non-owned e-mails.
- “Fancy” CI5 messenger: Halved widening/spread-out as text disappears (@trueuser Idea)
- Login screen no longer shows e-mail.
- Uses DirectX 11.1 to take advantage of flip-model swapchains (available in Windows 10 only) for improved performance.
- Server is now collecting GPU/DirectX stats.
- Added more debug information for failed fread() calls.
- Tutorial Mission: On Wave 3, Neutron Gun is only automatically given if the current weapon is still Moron (@Star_Light Bug)
- Fixed crash on Win8/8.1 due to unsupported DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD flag (@BoggY Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.