Early Access version 50

Galbatorix and I were testing the drops RNG in dailies and we’ve been getting slightly different results depending on the order of enemies killed. Can we get more details on how is the drop system working for the challenges?

Edit: Food and coins were always dropping the same for both of us no matter the order, so that’s pretty good. The powerups are still a bit messed up if we don’t kill the enemies within the same order.

7 Likes

Does special weapons still add 30 seconds in space races?

This message appears at the end of a competitive mission when we disconnect in the middle of a wave. Can it appear the moment we reconnect because the player might have disconnected due to internet issues, where the warning message is not present? If possible, make it only appear the first time we reconnect after being disconnected.

Also could the message clarify the reason for disqualification? Someone who has never paused and has never seen the warning message and then has been disconnected in the middle of a wave would not know the reason of disqualification with the current message.

10 Likes

Well, if you insist on firing half your shots into nothingness, then it’s to be expected :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They still do (at this stage). Unless of course you’re clicking even faster than the overdrive limit.

4 Likes

The drop is assigned at spawn time. There are only two cases where the drops might vary:

1. From dynamically-spawned enemies (e.g. pilot chicken that spawns when saucer is destroyed)
  2. Some drops may be omitted if you exceed wave limits (gift limit is 2 and powerup limit is 1). So, if you have one enemy for each, you CAN collect the powerup first and THEN the gift, but not the other way around.

Did either of those cases apply in your tests?

3 Likes

Currently, the “disqualification” mechanism is generic and could apply to more cases than simply reconnections (e.g., cheating/autoclicking detected). The reason isn’t even saved anywhere, that’s why it’s not shown.

I’ve made a note about this, but it requires changes to the infrastructure so I can’t fix it immediately.

3 Likes

We have been testing the first wave of the today’s Daily Hard Challenge. Here’s a picture of it - it had no dynamically spawning enemies:

This seems to be the problem and is causing different drops, we identified the enemy which drops a gift (see the image) and we identified the enemy which drops an atomic firepower. The atomic won’t be dropped if we kill the gift chicken first, and vice versa. Different orders of killing them caused different gifts to drop too. We got Boron, Utensil, Neutron, Positron and the atomic firepower. Also including a small amount of cases where we didn’t get a single drop (!)
The player can’t know which one will drop what, and this is still causing one player to get an atomic (a useful drop) and the other one to get non-matching gifts (not a useful drop). Even one time could matter a lot because obviously the difference between 19 and 20 fp exists.

Still, amazing work on fixing the food and coins drop, it’s working perfectly as of now.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios there is a chance to disconnect between stages in space races, when I pause the game at part 2 in travelling between stage I don’t see the warning message.

That definitely should not happen. Is there anything different between your mission configs? Are both your tiers sufficiently high (>10) for all weapons to appear? How did you restart the mission each time? Did you cancel it, or end session?

That’s… odd. :thinking: You didn’t collect charity, did you?

2 Likes

If you don’t see the message, you can safely disconnect without repercussions.

However, once you damage your first enemy, you have to finish the wave.

2 Likes

So if I disconnect will it save some time?

Why, are you in a hurry? :thinking:

Do you mean Space Races? Disconnections won’t help you, because you’ll get a time penalty when you reconnect.

2 Likes

Well, disconnecting after a boss is still faster than waiting for the cutscene (Doing it even lets you spare some time)

1 Like

Yes, we’re both tier 99, we both used SSH, and I guess the other mission slots shouldn’t matter? We could reproduce the drops with different loadouts (tho ssh was always there) and we got the same drops if we killed the exact same enemies on each end. But if we killed them in different orders we would get different drops. Even simply spamming the enemies only on my end would grant me several different combinations of drops.

Edit: Forgot to mention we’ve been cancelling the mission to retry it. I don’t think it should matter, though. We’ve also been trying on wave 2 of Weekly Challenge with ending session and we’ve been getting much more similar results, where one of the two different chickens dropped an atomic firepower depending on which one was killed first, and one specific chicken was dropping Ions gift, and if we were to miss the firepower chickens, the rest would drop two Ion gifts (including the same one which dropped the Ion the previous time)

No, we both were always starting with maximum upgraded Plasma and were getting no charity. Even Charity shouldn’t matter for the drops.

7 Likes

Yes, I meant space races and thanks for clearing it to me.

So even if it doesn’t count in disqualifications and I disconnect I will get a time penalty, right?

@InterAction_studios It’s still happening. (this is v50)

Also, whut about this:

1 Like

Fixed in v.51 :medal_sports: Bug

Well, that’s going to keep me up tonight :unamused:

No, for the same reason traffic lights are always the same color: Green means confirmation, red means error.

Well, that would require an extra texture. Not sure if it’s worth it. Poll it.

5 Likes

Ok, then, I present a poll.
Add an option to change cockpit outline color?

• Add it
  • Don’t add it

0 voters

1 Like

So, that’s your strat for the Space Race, neat.