Early Access version 50

Just to clarify what you mean by “different drops”: If I understand you correctly, the chickens always drop the same amount of food/coins. Gifts/atoms are always dropped by the same chickens (barring maximum limits). The problem is only that the type/color of gift dropped by a certain chicken is not always the same?

Theoretically they shouldn’t, but if some slot spawns happens to spawn objects before the wave starts, then it could throw the whole RNG off. So I need to know exactly what your slots contain.

3 Likes

I wonder why the June 27th squadron rankings seem to show two different days at once

5 Likes

Not really.

From what we discovered, some chickens have powerups assigned to them. And they are the same for everyone. (So chicken #1 has firepower assigned to it for all players playing a challenge) But there is one hitch, this rule: Player can get max 2 powerups per wave, only the first one can be atomic powerup.

So if we have 3 chickens:

• Chicken #1 has an atomic powerup assigned to it.
  • Chicken #2 has boron railgun gift assigned to it.
  • Chicken #3 has plasma rifle gift assigned to it.

Depending on the order you kill those enemies in, players can get different drops.

1>2>3 : Player gets atomic powerup from #1, boron railgun from #2, and nothing from #3
3>2>1 : Player gets plasma rifle from #3, boron railgun from #2 and nothing from #1
2>1>3 : Player gets boron railgun from #2, nothing from #1 and plasma rifle from #3
(and so on)

What does it mean?

Well, it means that two players can get totally different drops depending on the order they kill enemies in, so the system doesn’t work well yet.(For powerups, food and coins seem to work perfectly.)

1 Like

It shows a tick when i was looking for academys, and it popped up on where I didnt explore

If a enemy drop 3 coins, would it count for the 90% coin collection medal in a single wave?

Thats clicked absolver, my tech :frowning:

You get that medal for collecting 90% or higher
Of the coins dropped by enemies in a single stage

(correct me if iam wrong)

I know, but if coins were only swapned by enemies will it count or not? Because I don’t get it in these waves.

It will count toward the percentage if you collect them but if you let an enemy which always has a coin escape you lose that coin

1 Like

Since coins were mentioned… In the wave Nasty Surprise, I didn’t get any in-game medal although I patiently collected all coins dropped by enemies.

2 Likes

Corn Shotgun needed a nerf but tbh it might be a little too harsh in my opinion, in terms of overall DPS, although I’m not sure how much the excess DPS problem played into its original performance.

I also don’t mind the Overdrive mechanic, although the affected weapons save Ion Blaster feel more annoying to use. I think that either one of the affected weapons, either Laser Cannon or Neutron Gun could retain the original manual fire rate mechanic as its own gimmick, or perhaps give one of them a special trait based on Overdrive. Like Neutron projectiles moving faster based on Overdrive or giving Laser Cannon hits very small AoE at high Overdrive levels.

Utensil Poker should have a minor damage drop in exchange for extending overheat time speeding up the automatic fire rate. It would suit the weapon’s “jack of all trades” feel, it overheats pretty fast imo, even when trying to pace the weapon’s firing.

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios
Since you decide to make barriers in Vending Machine become indestructible, how about make it also happen in:

• Do not cross?
  • Lethal Connection?
6 Likes

No, because it saves only a couple of seconds

In case you didn’t see:

3 Likes

And freshly packed chicken vending machine

I have seen them

Can we add indicators for missions that still have "Unoriginality Penalty’ active?

Perhaps use a clock icon?

11 Likes

I haven’t even had a chance to play V.50 yet, so this is a very true statement.

Galbatorix and BoggY? Lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

The medal is for the stage, not the wave. So it has to be across that 10-wave bracket.

In a similar vein, could we maybe have like a Pecking Order indicator…?
It would give the chickens you need to shoot in order not to break the order an aura (like keys) that’s the same colour as the score indicator, ideally (so pinkish-violet).

2 Likes

hmmmmmmmm…
Not too sure what to say about this, but I guess it sounds cool? Implementing it will be the pain though.

2 Likes

Firstly, there is a bug that will cause differences in the RNG if you fire before the wave starts. This will be fixed.

Secondly, I don’t see what you describe (which is really just hitting the maximum drop limit for each wave) as a problem. The chickens are carrying the same things, it’s only a matter of strategy/approach whether you get them or not. By the same token, you wouldn’t get the same things if you let one chicken escape, but who’s fault is that?

What matters is that all players are given the same set of circumstances, or the same opportunities – and they are.

P.S. On second thought, we could alleviate the problem if we maintain separate limits for gifts and atoms, but it won’t eliminate it entirely (if 3 chickens are all chosen to drop gifts, then one gift will always be unable to spawn).

5 Likes