Early Access version 49

I agree with that, but I don’t agree with this

3 Likes

Heh. Still, as I said, let’s better we all stop arguing about that.

1 Like

I don’t see any significant difference:

What’s your monitor’s resolution? Also, do you play with “bilinear filtering” OFF?

15 Likes

Actually, it looks like glare from projectiles is moved a bit to the left. Maybe this is what he meant.

12 Likes

Ah, now I see that.

2 Likes

Simplest example is to think of a 1px vertical line centered on a 4px box:

1 Like

This is irrelevant because this is an error (?) in the sprite itself - the glow is a part of it.

These red lines stretch from the edges of the projectile to the edges of the glow (the last pixel before the alpha channel’s value reaches 0). The one on the left is 21px long, the one on the right is 18px long.

Edit: now of course, just moving the projectile one pixel to the left will still leave us with different distances (because the total is odd). But, making it an odd number of pixels wide would fix the issue entirely.

10 Likes

At first, it’s not one pixel (or I am blind idk). At second, bullets which are being launched from other side can have mirrored texture which will make it look right. Or each shot can have mirrored texture, which will make it look right even at 1 :zap:.

3 Likes

1920x1080, bilinear filters on.

3 Likes

Ah, I know about this. It’s a limitation/bug(?) of the plug-in I used to create the glow. I could replace it with a manual glow, but I couldn’t get it to look exactly like that and I never realized people would be looking that close :wink:

15 Likes

Me neither since in the game you aren’t focused on that, but once it was brought up you can’t unsee it.

It’s the same situation like with laser pointer which was 1px off.

2 Likes

Crud. And I was thinking it was extremely obvious. From afar, however, it seemed that the projectile is cut, rather than the glow being repositioned.

1 Like

Well, I’ve ‘fixed’ it the lazy way (I cut one half and mirrored it onto the other half).
Fixed in v.50 :medal_sports: Bug

9 Likes

Is it possible to make the impact flare match the color of vulcan projectiles at higher heat levels? (just like you did with boron)

2 Likes

Changed in v.50 :medal_sports: Idea

6 Likes

When selling food to a Space Burger, will all of them gave you the same amount of keys?

No, some Space Burgers have different amounts of keys to give.
Some have price fluctuations different.

1 Like

Really?! I remember reading a post says that 14 units of food=1 key.

Where?

1 Like

Maybe like this one.