Early Access version 49

Changed in v.50 :medal_sports: Idea

6 Likes

When selling food to a Space Burger, will all of them gave you the same amount of keys?

No, some Space Burgers have different amounts of keys to give.
Some have price fluctuations different.

1 Like

Really?! I remember reading a post says that 14 units of food=1 key.

Where?

1 Like

Maybe like this one.

Well, but as I said, they have different amounts because of:

1 Like

@InterAction_studios How about adding quips to the “Treble Trouble” wave, such as the “quips” that appear in CI3? e.g. “All good things come in threes”

3 Likes

@InterAction_studios Can we get an option to customize the messages color, or at least make them dependent on a existing customization option (on the change color theme menu):
Also, can we have a option to customize the cockpit outline color (in customize spacecraft menu)?

2 Likes

Since you work in the challenges fix …what about the rewards…I’ve suggest in some time that would be cool to have different rewards like gas food mines bombs and other “consumables”…not allways the keys sa a reward!!

1 Like

Please no. There can be people that don’t like to use that and with keys they can decide themselves what reward to buy.

14 Likes

But giving keys as a reward for playing the challenge rather than all of them collected by you would be more interesting of a reward.

2 Likes

@SA-GoldenBoss128 Sorry for tagging you here publicly, but you have your profile hidden.

Would you care to explain why you like so many posts in this topic? Even though some of them are on the other sides of discussion? Are you grinding for a badge or something? I’m genuinely curious.

8 Likes

What do you mean?

I’m trying to get Respected or Empathetic.

Most of them are just either ideas or questions or bugs.

You just said it ._.

2 Likes

2020-06-24_14-32-17

Yeah, but some of them are “I have this idea” and “I don’t agree with it”. And you like the both of them so your likes are kind of meaningless when that happens.

3 Likes

You mean the likes, it’s Crazy in Love badge, but I didn’t hide my profile.

Okay, I know this has been suggested before by others, but I’m going to suggest this too.

It’s about Positron Stream. The damage output for the main beam is too weak. Sure, when all beams are split, it becomes 300% more damage, but that’s only when there’s more than 1 target. If there’s a lack of targets, you’re stuck with a relatively weak weapon. This is what I want to change.

So here’s what should be done to Positron:
Each Firepower level from 0-10 increases the beam damage by 80. Max power increases it by 100. (basically double of what it would increase by currently)
So, the damage progression will be as follows (from FP 0 to FP 20):
200, 280, 360, 440, 520, 600, 680, 760, 840, 920, 1000, 1100
Such a change will at least give Positron a sporting chance when it comes to boss fights, where it cannot split, which means it’s damage output will be overall terrible.

But yes, the beam damage may sound too much, but here’s what I’ll propose for the beam damage:
one 100% beam -> two 66% beams -> Four 33% beams

For Example:
1000 -> 667 -> 333.

This change should be rather simple to implement. It’s just the changing of a few numbers to make Positron at least decent for situations where it cannot split. (Although the beam damage change will be up to you. Keep it at 100% -> 50% -> 25% if you want)
I believe the damage increase for the main beam is something sought after.

(Yes, I know this has been already suggested. Give the medal to the people who suggested this before me, please.)

At the same time, this is about Plasma Rifle. The AoE damage is 50%(?) of the beam itself, which gets weaker the further it hits. I think the AoE damage should be a minimum of 10% of the main beam damage. (Which means 240 damage at lowest at firepower 20. I once saw the AoE do only 1 damage.)

(If this has already been suggested, please link it)

Please, iA. I know you said not to suggest any ideas until v50, but… I felt that these needed to be addressed. Thank you if you do make the changes to these two weapons.

(well, if you can at least do this for v51, that’ll be nice too)

9 Likes

There are a few problems I see with this progression.

1. The damage output on :zap:0 is still way too much.
  2. 11000 base DPS is still quite low.
  3. The damage jump. This is something that Galba and I have overlooked for a long time, and only started to work on fixing it shortly before cancelling WBP 2.0, so I’ll go ahead and explain what’s up with it.
    The damage jump refers to the increase in total damage output from :zap:10 to max power. After taking a close look at the tables, we figured that values ranging from 20% to 25% are the most reasonable, with some acceptable deviation into the 18%-27% range.

The problem with this progression is, that it has a 10% damage jump. Similar to Laser Cannon’s current 11,11%, and way too low. The problem is, if we don’t keep the damage jumps in the same range, we’ll end up with weapons that are either too weak on max power or too strong before it.

1. The current 100% → 50% → 25% setup gives us a damage multiplier of 300%. Your proposed 100% → 66% → 33% gives us around 366%. I’m not sure if you meant to do that. But yes, on top of the base damage increase (and even without it) it does indeed sound like too much.

Overbuffing the splitting mechanic doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. If anything, it should have its damage reduced, and be made more reliable.
I already talked about our preferred way of reworking PS, as unpopular as it may be. I’ve made one slight tweak in preparation for the dreaded final post, and that is to increase the overheat time.

11 Likes

Yeah, you need to be in one side like qbus said. you can’t be in two sides.

1 Like