A lot of weapon reworks (well, all of them except Absolver).
There’s a new button grouping in your profile labelled “Hall of Fame”. Here you can view the “Top Pilots” table, which is the top-100 pilots in terms of score/waves/time over the past 4 weeks. More changes coming here soon.
Also, there have been changes to the way Key Rush missions work. In order to collect some fresh statistics, all Key Rush history has been reset. This means you can play them again.
Finally, and as always, a lot of bug fixes.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Store: Updated Photon Swarm description (@BoggY Bug)
- Store: Updated ICBM description (@BoggY Bug)
- “Unoriginality penalty” now only lasts for 12 hours (@harakat Idea)
- Profile screen: Fixed accumulating “Galaxy Exploration” text each time screen context is displayed (@Sufi Bug)
- Made “Surrender” text orange in mission info ‘pane’ (not just Mission Outcome screen) (@minasam123 Bug)
- Store: Added full stops to all equipment descriptions (@minasam123 Bug)
- In-mission “Surrender” button is now only disabled for 1 second (@Karizaki Idea)
- Photon Swarm gift color is now blue+orange.
- Photon Swarm: Fixed oscillating behaviour between homing/not homing on target after pivoting exceeds 360o.
- Photon Swarm: Swarms now only pivot a maximum of 180o before losing target.
- Chick Gatling Guns no longer track dead players (@IceIris Bug)
- Compare Screen: Fixed “two buttons highlighted at once” bug when clicking on them before server data has been fully downloaded (@minasam123 Bug)
- “Shoot the Core” boss: Reduced maximum spinning rate by 25% (@trueuser Idea)
- Area damage is now placed radially (instead of at enemy’s center) (@minasam123 Bug)
- Removed full stop from “Auto-mount equipment” option (@minasam123 Bug)
- Compare/Stats screen: Comparative bars are now colored based on color theme “Rankings” selection (@trueuser Idea)
- “Magnetic Manipulator” boss is now strong against “metal” damage, weak against “fire” (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Added full stops to all medal descriptions (@minasam123 Bug)
- Firing rate (and hence heating rate) is now completely FPS-independent (may have caused subtle changes to the overheat rate of all weapons, especially rapid-firing ones) (@BoggY Bug)
- Henterprise boss: Power-up dropped upon death respects “tone down effects” setting (@minasam123 Bug)
- Yolk-Star boss: Power-up dropped upon death respects “tone down effects” setting (@minasam123 Bug)
- Profile screen: Progress bars are now colored based on color theme “Rankings (high)” selection (@minasam123 Idea)
- Added end-mission hints/tips.
- Options screen: Fixed typos.
- Mission now won’t end until all keys/bonuses/etc have been collected: time limit is now 10 seconds.
- Store: Equipment stats are now refreshed whenever upgraded (showing effects of upgrade) (@Fractorial Bug)
- Recolored lightning/vulcan/riddler gift boxes (@Sufi @GgWw1175 Idea)
- Darkness is now always black (was previously based on theme color) (@trueuser Bug)
- Server now collects stats about automatic/manual weapon firing.
- Corrected description of “unoriginality penalty” (24 vs 12 hours) (@harakat Bug)
- Photon Swarm: Increased projectile damage to 130/200 (from 100/170), projectile flares are now more opaque, strong projectile is now thicker, reduced projectile mesh vertices from 16 to 12.
- Riddler rework: Increased projectile damage from 80 to 110; number of projectiles (power level 0-10, 20) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13; reduced maximum spread (at power 0) from 90o to 45o (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
Projectile damage is now 150/300; fixed volley progression as per WBP; automatic firing rate now equals manual rate; max power: Increased firing period to 0.110s, increased overheat time to 6.6s. (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Vulcan Chaingun rework: Projectile damage: 100/250/350 (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
Laser Cannon rework:
Beam damage 150/300/450/600;auto firing period improved to 0.250s from 0.350s; range limitation removed; increased overheat time to 5.9s(@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Boron rework: Projectile damage: 70/120/160; power now increases with heat level (5 levels, x2.5 max); increased overheat time @ power 10 to 8.8s (from 5.7s) (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Moron rework: Projectile damage is now 65/115.
- Corn Shotgun: Pellets now appear after kickback is taken into consideration, to make them connect better with the spacecraft body (this bug exists in CI5, but is masked by the fact that pellets spawn at (0,0) rather than the spacecraft nose).
- Fixed balloon tip ‘leak’ when multiple balloon tips are displayed (@Sufi Bug)
- Prevented line breaks from being inserted mid-word in quips (@EmeraldBirb Bug)
- Corn Shotgun rework: Shoots popcorn when overheated (1s delay returns to kernel shooting); odd power levels increase number of projectiles; even power levels increase firing rate; projectile damage (kernel/popcorn): 500/400; firing rate: 0.750~0.250; overheat: 4s (auto), 7.7 (manual) (@1galbatorix1 @Akemisora Idea)
- Each U.C.O. variation now has its own wave title (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Lightning Fryer rework: Beam damage: 200 350 500 650 800 950 1100 1250 1400 1550 1700 2150; overheat: 8.3s (auto), 13.6 (manual); manual rate matches automatic rate (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Fixed capitalization in Ion Blaster description (@SpryterTerraxian Bug)
- Fixed long wave titles wrapping to a second line.
- Galaxy map: Star systems are now selectable for zoom levels <8 (was <7) (@1uws Bug)
- Fixed capitalization in Laser Cannon description (@minasam123 Bug)
Changed “Flawless!” quip (
- Customize screen: Spacecraft (in texture preview) is now visible even in dark themes (@minasam123 Bug)
- OS bitness is now logged.
- Mission outcome screen: Assigning mission to squadron changes icon to tick mark (@minasam123 Bug)
- Rankings screen: Best result is now correctly highlighted (previously, physically highest result on graph was highlighted).
- Customization: Added new exhaust type (CI3-style) (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Profile screen: Grouped “player performance” buttons into “Hall of Fame” button.
- Hall of Fame screen: Added “Top Pilots” button (4-week historical top-100 score/waves/time rankings)
- Missions in lists are now marked with “heart” icons (if they’re favourites) and “clipboard & pencil” icons (if they’re in your to-do list) (@minasam123 Idea)
- Fixed “CIU ambient/intense theme” music preview trampling over galaxy music (@EmeraldBirb Bug)
- Comet chase: Ramped number of comets (x3 at 100% difficulty) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Comet chase: Key boost is now 0% (was 50%).
- Supernova: Key boost is now 0% (was 50%).
- Meteor storm: Key boost is now 0% (was 50%).
- Key rush: Key boost is now 200% (was 100%).
- Key rush: Mission length is now 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 waves (was always 50) (@Nikito Idea)
- All key rush history has been reset (so you can now play them again).
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.