Too many to remember. New paintjobs, new customizations, new multiple color themes, new waves, reworked Plasma Rifle.
There are two known issues with this update. Let’s see how many people report them regardless:
- Changing your color theme will leave some stale colors from your previous theme when returning to the “profile” screen. Just re-enter the screen to refresh.
- Text incorrectly wraps to a 2nd line in some hardpoint descriptions.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any existing color theme customizations
- any menu options you have configured
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Compiled with CL.
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Linker: Better enforcement of linking-in all necessary objects.
- Fixed “In-game help” wrong hint placement in “Options/Gameplay” menu (@BoggY Bug)
- Changed phrasing to “Wave zones are not marked” in Skill equipment hint (@BoggY Idea)
- “Egg" Barrier drop rate reduced to 25% (from 50%) (@minasam123 Idea)
- Fixed excessive fire rate for all (5) variable fire-rate weapons (@minasam123 Bug)
Removed “Danger zone” from “Mysterious Ship” boss (
- Wave title is now logged.
- “The Trash Compactor” wave: Barriers are limited to 50% difficulty. Time to crush is now 20 seconds at 100% difficulty (was 15).
- Charity is now wave-number-limited before +3 boss bonus is applied.
- Müller family: Unpainted pod ridges are now the same color as the pods (they were previously darker) (@BCMediaPlayer Idea)
- Müller family: Added tailwing paintjob (@BCMediaPlayer Idea)
- Müller family: Added 2 pod paintjobs.
- Indestructible enemies can no longer spawn keys (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Better logging for zeroed lost profiles.
- “Tone down effects” setting now also applies to keys spawned at the end of a wave (@Edd Bug)
- Fixed bug: Riddler muzzle(s) are incorrectly placed if starting/resuming a mission while using it (@minasam123 Bug)
- “Strobe Lights”: Size is now also customizable.
- Laser scope: Fixed texture bleeding at end of scope (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
Müller family: Reversed strobe light positions (
- Paint screen: Added “Basic color selection…” button (@minasam123 Idea)
- Profile screen: Shortened “120th Anniversary” button.
- Unified color theme/spacecraft/equipment customization (HSB editing is now enabled for all) ( @Recruit_75 Idea ).
- Color themes: Prevented black text on black backgrounds.
- Loadout screen: Added informational balloon tip whenever automatically mounting “only available option”.
- “Egg Cannon” boss: Beam warning now ends exactly just as beam fires (@minasam123 Bug)
- Made customization icons more WYSIWYG.
Undid this change from v.44
“Meteor Storm” missions: Meteors now have a chance to come from the bottom of the screen (starting at 80% difficulty)
- “Strobe Lights”: Placement is now also customizable (3 choices).
- Inbox: Category buttons are now disabled if there aren’t any messages in that category (@harakat Idea)
- Store: Fixed typo in Satellites hint (@harakat Bug)
- Added “Auto-mount equipment” option (Options -> Gameplay). Upgrade compatibility broken (@VerMishelb Idea)
- Added full stops to all quips (@minasam123 Bug)
- Added multiple color theme support. Existing color themes have been deleted. (@youraveragegrant Idea)
- “Shoot the Core” boss now spins faster the more barriers are destroyed (@BoggY Idea)
- Fixed new accounts incorrectly mounting an extra life in the “boss music” slot.
- “Double Helix” wave: Fixed incorrect path tangents when enemies enter screen from right.
- Added “Binary Stream/Binary Scream” wave (@qbus371 Idea)
- Removed debugging aids (visible when pausing the game at specific frames) (@minasam123 Bug)
- Missions screen: Added “last flown” sort criterion (@1uws Idea)
- Reworked Plasma: Added AoE. Volley damage: 200 350 500 650 800 1000 1200 1400 1600 1800 2000 2400, AoE radius: 150px (native) over 1.5 seconds, AoE damage boost: +50%, manual heat savings: 30% (was 35%) (@GgWw1175 Idea)
- Lightning Fryer: chaining time reduced to 150ms from 200ms.
- Missions with “Surrendered” as best result are now marked with an orange X (@harakat Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.