Download hotfix here: ⬇ Download Early Access
v43.2 emergency update has been released. It’s technically optional, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. In fact, it’s VITAL if you make a habit of disconnecting and reconnecting whenever you lose a life.
- Fixes desyncing (caused by quips) between client/server when game is disconnected/reconnected after losing a life in order to restart wave.
It also includes the previous v43.1changes:
- Fixed crashes “could not find object ID” and “Object ID should be X, but is X” (@TUTITEILilovechicken Bug)
- “I must hurry!” quip appearance is now also controlled by “In-game help” option (@BoggY Bug)
- “Mark all read button” is now disabled if everything is read.
It also includes the previous v42.2 Hotfix changes:
- Fixes crash on “Pulsating/Palpitating Grid” and “Wormhole” waves. As a result of this stopgap fix, Cowards can still appear on these waves. This will be fixed conclusively in v.44 (@Sophodot Bug)
- Fixes Plasma Rifle damage. (@marksam123 Bug)
As usual, a lot quality improvements, bug fixes, and some new features. Some highlights include reworked Positron Stream and Plasma Rifle weapons, better inbox management, and hero quips (hero quips are controlled by the “In-game help” option – if you turn it off, then they won’t appear. Also, quip appearance is random – let me know if it’s too rarely or too often).
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any graphics options you have configured (under particular circumstances, all menu options could be lost)
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Utensil Poker weak projectile now deals 200 damage (instead of 300) (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
- Fixed Party Chicken entrance attacks (was broken due to Exponentiality wave changes) (@youraveragegrant Bug)
- Exponentiality wave: Spacecraft now points upwards again after Henperor is destroyed (@Alucard Bug)
- Exponentiality wave: Special Forces boss now throws correct number of knives (@marksam123 Bug)
- Exponentiality wave: Now uses CI5 boss music as default. (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Icon is now added via ResourceHacker rather than IconInjector.
- “Mysterious” boss now starts appearing at 50% difficulty (was 0%).
- “Mysterious” boss is now 20% slower at 100% difficulty (i.e., -28% on SSH) (@Nikito Idea)
- “Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon” boss now starts appearing at 80% difficulty, but Invasion missions (only) probability of appearance has been reduced to 75%.
- The game will now upgrade your configuration settings (“Options” menu), but only from the immediately previous version, and only if the data layout hasn’t changed between the two versions.
- Neutron projectiles now do 175/350/550 damage.
- Wave variations now have their own distinct names (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Egg splat size is now proportional to egg size (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Egg Cannon Cannon Cannon: fixed blind spot in 2nd phase (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Fixed bug: Exponentiality wave: Newly spawned Assassins that are damaged on that same frame are rendered at (0,0) for a single frame (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Added “last seen” to Contacts.
- Added “last active” and “assignments flown” to Squadron members (@Vior3l @Elfkiller Idea)
- Fixed “unit(s)” plural usage (@minasam123 Bug)
- Fixed “Result assessment” tooltip (@Francis Bug)
- “Bubble Rings” wave: Prevented Assassins from spawning (@gabytzu Idea)
- Fleet Loadout screen: Slots for which there’s only one choice will be automatically mounted upon selection (@GoldenBoss128 Idea)
- “Chicken Exponentiality” wave: Special Forces / Party chicken: Reduced health -50% (at 0% difficulty), -33% (at 100% difficulty)
- Reworked “Positron Stream” weapon (more translucent texture, beam splits 1/2/4 (max 7 targets), 300% max damage) (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- “Yolk-Star” boss: Cowards are now prevented from spawning (@Akemisora Idea)
- “Shoot the Core” boss: “Gun” barriers now have 400% health. Core fires in longer bursts as more and more barriers are destroyed (@Akemisora Idea)
- Increased mission finalization delay after final wave to 6 seconds (was 5 seconds) (@gabytzu Idea)
- “Proximity egg” bullets now have a redder yolk to distinguish them from harmless egg splats (@gabytzu Idea)
- Fixed automatic fire rate of variable-rate weapons (Moron/Boron/Hyper/Corn/Photon) on heavy bombers (@1galbatorix1 Bug)
- “Chicken Roulette/Wheel of Fortune” wave: Cowards are now prevented from spawning (@Francis Idea)
- Alien containers now give 2 satellites over 75% difficulty, 3 over 125% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Yolk-Star” boss: Lightning can now chain off a ray-gun onto the boss’s main body.
- Droid Raid wave variations now have their own distinct names (@Francis Idea)
- Inbox is now split into 3 categories: Important, Events, Notifications.
- Inbox: Added “Mark all read” button.
- Reworked “Plasma Rifle” weapon (damage boost approx. +40% @ level 10, +50% @ level 20) (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- “Coolant Canister” now costs 5 keys (@Francis Idea)
- “Early Access” banner is now slightly translucent (temporary change)
- Galaxy HUD is now slightly translucent (@robert Idea)
- Added hero quips (@robert Idea)
- Planet “axial tilt” is now correctly displayed (was previously random) (@robert Bug)
- Stricter callsign validation checks.
- Doubled range of “Poultry Payback” (@Traveller Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.