Early Access version 40.2

If the mysterious ship shows its warning the first time, it shown be shown all the times… I lost a life.

That is why it got a buff, aha

While I’m still not sure if I’m in favour of that buff (it was already decent), giving it warnings each time makes it kinda samey and homogeneous to other bosses, I feel.

1 Like

It’s ok if it shoots fast 5 beams or something. I just expected a consistent warning when it came for the first time. Maybe its initial use was to show how many beams are there in the first place, but a consistent warning saves frustration from players, I think.
Also the absolver beam is so cool, maybe even cooler than Utensil Poker.

1 Like

I don’t think something being funny in a Chicken Invaders game is a good excuse to change it, that’s why I said that. :wink:

Yeah it needs like a plus sign or something

1 Like

That ſeems like a good reaſon not to add a conſiſtent warning.

If you’re intereſted, I wrote a nice little poſt on why there ſhould not be a warning every time. The text was triggered by a miſunderſtanding, although the arguments are ſtill valid. You can read it here, if you’re intereſted.

2 Likes

In fact,if the attacks were randomized,that would make the game more Bullet hell.

Can we have a difficulty that adds super speed into bosses?

What about Background?

2 Likes

what’s this?

1 Like

When? i love this boss!

Perhaps when IA is done reworking weapons and fixing other bugs first. That way he’ll have time to focus on bosses.

2 Likes

Dont worry. Its planned. Someday…

3 Likes

What about putting a new lvl of barriers in some waves after the egg barriers? This one: image
A lvl 4 barrier which should be put into waves like Heavy Metal, Pedal to the Metal, Rectangular Layouts, Taking Turns, Caged Animals, Lethal Connections, Soft in the Middle, Interchangeable parts, Energy Fences, Waving in the Breeze and Marching on to make 'em more challenging. It can appear on difficulties higher than 60%.

4 Likes

(Re-suggest from v.39 topic)
Idea: Weapon rarity
A rare weapon can have:

• More weapon damage than normal
  • More projectiles been fired
  • More upgrade level
  • Less heat build-up
  • Less reactor power consumption
  • Less weight
  • Weapon might cause an effect on the enemy.

wow
i
i didn’t think you’d reply to that
but yeah
i’m proud

1 Like

That would ruin the purpose of WBP. Automatic balancing shouldn’t be a solution to this. Besides IA already started going through each post one by one, and he definitely made the right choice by doing so.

2 Likes

What about Skill ?

5 Likes

This is getting a bit funny.

If we’re going to add custom boss music, how about custom a game over sound slot, unless it is determined by one of the other two slots as I don’t want it to be that random anymore.

1 Like