An emergency v40.2 update is now available, which fixes crashes when selecting “Unmount all” for a Space Race mission. This update is optional, but recommended. Get it from ⬇ Download Early Access
A myriad of small improvements and bug fixes in this update. This is a ‘dangerous’ update, because it requires significant behind-the-scene changes. Some highlights:
- You can now select separate music for the boss fights. To support this change, note that your mission slots will be emptied in this update and you’ll have to mount your equipment again.
- The Ion Blaster has been reworked, partly based on @1galbatorix1’s Weapon Balance Program. Test it out and post your impressions!
- Medals are now worth points.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- all mission slots will be emptied
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- “Ask for confirmation” option: Fixed typo. (@BoggY Bug)
- Invulnerability Extension: Doubled extension, halved price (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Appetite Attractor: Halved price (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Eggular Repulsor: Price decreased by -70% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Enabled Clean Sweep on CI1 Anniversary mission (asteroid and “Be Quick or Be Dead” waves) and “CrossHatch” wave (@Francis Bug)
- Reduced M400 and M408 hitboxes (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Poultry Payback: halved delay, doubled damage (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Spacecraft models now have their own crash damage (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Scrooge McChick” medal is awarded every 100k keys (rather than just once). (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Shop: Comparative stats that would be worsened by an upgrade are now displayed in red (@BoggY Idea)
- Changed Absolver Beam charging sound (firing sound remains the same).
- Game window is now created at 100x100 once more. Failure to set window size or position now stops the game with an error (temporary debugging measure).
- Contacts screen: Last known contact status is now shown, and whether contact is in-mission or not. Mission cancellations are now also sent as status updates. (@xXmlgDiegoXx Idea)
- Missions screen: Entries are secondarily-sorted by time (most recent first) (@BlueGamingVN Idea)
- Bombers are now power-limited to 14/16/18/20.
- Fixed crash when deleting and re-adding a contact who’s too far away to be normally visible (‘relevant’) in galaxy (@matix524 @Francis Bug)
- Contacts ‘asterisks’ are now updated dynamically (rather on just upon login) (@BlueGamingVN @lbekeneb88 Bug)
- “Alien Saucer” enemy: Extended length of fire warning (dashed line) to cover cases where alien is off-screen (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- Reduced “Twice Infinity” boss max health by -25%, added 360o fiery attack for difficulties >=100% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Increased points awarded by major bosses (Yolk-Star, Henterprise, Egg Cannon) by up to 600% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- “Mysterious Ship” boss: Now has 4/5/6 beams depending on difficulty. Warns before first attack (@anon27929001 @OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Increased key “base multiplier” of Boss Rushes to 30% (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Improved collision code for linear beams and fast-moving projectiles (better impact location calculations) (@Fractorial Bug)
- Medals are now also worth points (@SpryterTerraxian Idea)
- Disabled Clean Sweep on “Do Not Cross” wave (@BlueGamingVN Bug)
- Contact requests can no longer be sent to NPCs or admins (@BoggY Bug)
- “Unoriginality penalty” now applies regardless of whether mission has been won or not (anti-farming measure)
- Stricter anti-cheating checks.
- Mission Config screen: Background/music is now previewed when selected (@RamonTokus Idea)
- Mission Config screen: Config is now saved if ESC is pressed.
- Mission Config screen: Added “Unmount all” button (@RamonTokus Idea)
- Removed “Report problem” from mission.
- Moved “Feedback” button from main galaxy screen to ‘hamburger’ menu.
- (from v.39) Removed forgotten debug logging (“Starting”) from when Lightning/Plasma/Positron fires (performance implications).
- Fleet Loadout screen: Equipment is now sorted by type/alphabetically (@BlueGamingVN Idea)
- Mission Config screen: Added “boss music” slot. Can now mount separate music for waves/boss battles.
- Spacecraft now spawns completely off-screen after losing a life (doesn’t work correctly with mouse control).
- Added “low memory” warning at startup.
- Added “Speedy Recovery” equipment. (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Fixed bug: Ion Cannon & Heavy bombers: Center gun emplacement was incorrectly placed at the spacecraft’s center (rather than each pylon’s center) for all power levels >= 2.
- Fixed bug: Utensil Poker & Heavy bombers: Center gun emplacement was incorrectly placed at the spacecraft’s center (rather than each pylon’s center) for all power levels >= 2 (@Sophodot Bug)
- Fixed bug: Neutron Gun & Heavy bombers: Center gun emplacement was incorrectly placed at the spacecraft’s center (rather than each pylon’s center) for power levels between 3 and 7 inclusive.
- Fixed grammar of “consecutive log in days” message (@youraveragegrant @GuestUniverse Bug)
- Reworked Ion Blaster (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- (v40.2) Fixed Bug: Mission Config screen: Game crashes when selecting “Unmount all” for a Space Race mission (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- (v40.2) Fixed Bug: Mission Config screen: Selecting “Unmount all” multiple times brightens locked slots.
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.