Early Access version 39

Or droids are players disguised as npc

You mean that the currect worst heat sink would cooldown slower, or that the better ones will cool down faster? That would break a lot of weapons eithet way

7 Likes

Fixed in v.40
:medal_sports: Bug

7 Likes

Speaking of contacts, when we don’t have any, this is kinda empty. Why not add something like “You have no contacts yet.” or “Incoming contact requests will appear here”?

7 Likes

I totally get why you’re suggesting this, because it seems somewhat counter-intuitive that a better heat sink has a slower cooldown.
That said, it’s actually somewhat of an optical illusion - it’s still cooling just as fast, it’s just that the better one has a bigger capacity that it’s cooling - you’re still getting the same amount of firing time back when you rest. So the perceived benefit of the starter one that you’re discussing is actually just a visual trick. :wink:
And as Orandza mentioned, fixing this with a gameplay tweak would unfortunately ruin a bunch of other really important balancing issues.

nooooo make them npcs because obviously a hamburger delivery robot would make a wonderful friend

10 Likes

May I ask, is it feasible if the missions in “To-do” list are arranged in alphabetical order?

4 Likes

How would that help? Names are meaningless.

9 Likes

Would’ve been nice if they could accept it

14 Likes

CI4 last cutscene behind the scene

13 Likes

Eggcellent! :+1:

3 Likes

They’re droids, not players(sad noises)

5 Likes

Yes because live in ci4. :]

6 Likes

By the way, regarding contacts, the contact limit (100, I think?) only seems to apply when I’m adding someone as a contact. Others still can invite me, bringing the amount of contacts over the limit.

I found this out as I removed one of my contacts only to find out that I still was above the limit.

6 Likes

Obviously the best one. add the droids while you can

8 Likes

How about making a button “go to position” Or “individuate”
Of course only for the droids

5 Likes

Ok here is a bug for you. Don’t actually know how it happened.

You can see there is no asterisks or dots near me
But if I zoom in…

Note how “Show player locations” is turned on.
P.S. Friends’ asterisks are shown as before.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong here. In your first screenshot, you’re at the furthest zoom level before dots start appearing. Spacecraft are still drawn fully.

The problem seems to be that your window is too small to clearly discern the spacecraft (players with cheated/transparent colors you know who you are are also harder to spot). If you look very closely, they are the two pixels near the planet:

If any of them had callsigns, they’d be obvious to see.

7 Likes

If these pixels were players, my dot would be the same size but it’s bigger. I zoomed out to get enough distance to get them shown but it still didn’t work. (Top right is where I am)

Here is the closest zoom when dot starts appearing.

3 Likes

Ah, you’re right. If you can see your yellow dot, then you should also be able to see other players’ green dots.

But I see in your screenshot you have “Only show contacts” enabled. That will hide dots for random players (you’ll only be able to see contact asterisks)

9 Likes

Ah, yes, that was the reason. Thanks.

7 Likes