Early Access version 39

MAIN CHANGES

Once more, a lot of small improvements and bug fixes in this update. The most visible change is the addition of Easter Edition content. It’s minimal, only affecting the following:

• Chick (not chicken!)
  • Crab v1 boss
  • Egg Cannon boss
  • Mother-Hen boss (CI3)
  • Mother-Hen boss (CI4)
  • Twice Infinity boss
  • Iron Chef boss
  • Planetary Egg City boss
  • Bonus Challenge
  • Alien Container

No music or sound effects have been changed. Easter content is temporary and will be reverted in the next update.

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). :warning: Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any in-mission progress
  • any menu options you have configured

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
  • :bug: Sorting fleet by “Class” now works correctly (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Removed forgotten debug logging (“Starting”) from when Lightning/Plasma/Positron fires (performance implications).
  • :bug: Better collision accuracy for Lightning/Plasma/Positron (especially against large targets) (@505 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Progress meter rounds 99.99% to 100.00% (brute-force fix) (@minasam123 :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Squadron assignments are no longer allowed in favourites list (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Lightning Fryer: Fixed calculation of shot accuracy when target chaining is involved.
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in Comet Chase waves (@Francis :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Eggshell fields” wave (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Bonus Challenge” and “Asteroids” waves (@SonicCrazyExe :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Meteor Storm” waves (@xXmlgDiegoXx :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Mission config screen: Now displays basic mission information (@Sophodot :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :gear: Fixed issue in caching initial login data (cache contents weren’t always identical).
  • :bulb: Improved login progress bar (provides better indication of progress during very slow logins).
  • :bug: Game window is now created at 960x540 instead of 100x100. (Maybe) fixes issue with game starting in a very small window (@Alucard :medal_sports: Bug @ScarletCuboids :medal_sports: Bug Idea )
  • :gear: Reduced disconnection timeout from 60 seconds to 30 seconds again.
  • :bug: “Security Droid Patrol” wave: Removed safe zone and “Watch your back!” message in wave variations that only spawn enemies from the top (@Elfkiller :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :gear: Mission pauses and reconnections are now logged.
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Laser fence sound (e.g. “Caught in the Crossfire”, “Electrifying Descent” waves) is overwritten by Plasma sound (@Sufi :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Profile screen: Added “Mission Config” button (@trueuser :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Fixed bug: Wormhole sound keeps playing after mission starts (@OneWingLunarian :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: All Space Crab variations can now appear at the same difficulties (20%~30%+) (@Akemisora :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Boss Rush missions: Space Crab and UCO variations are no longer penalized as a group (i.e., it’s now possible to encounter multiple variations in the same mission). They are still penalized in Invasion missions.
  • :bug: Fixed “key/keys” singular/plural usage in messages (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed “clean sweep” bonus from “Shape Shifters” and “Let the Games Begin” waves (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bug: Removed “clean sweep” bonus from “Chicken Interleaving” wave (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :bulb: Changed Absolver Beam sound (@MoonKnight :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bulb: Reduced key “base multiplier” of Comet Chase, Meteor Storm, Retro, and Supernova to 50%.
  • :bug: Fixed bug: “outside playing area” mouse pointer is briefly visible during camera zooms, even if “capture mouse” is selected (@trueuser :medal_sports: Bug)
  • :new: Added Easter Edition content (@Doge1 :medal_sports: Idea)
  • :bug: Selecting the “Missions” button in an assignment message now takes you directly to the “Assignment” tab of the Missions screen. (@SA-GoldenBoss128 :medal_sports: Bug)

BACKUPS

You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). :warning: Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.

20 Likes

Yes!, i got a bug exterminator medal (but not in the game, that is sad)

Another another sweet update! time to download now.

Whoo!
i just waited for this update!

Amazing update

Who update v39

We all updated to v39. If that’s what you meant.

It says “undoable” but isn’t it the opposite? The actions that can’t be undone would have a confirmation

(P.S. only one medal arrived while I am supposed to get three, and also I think previous update missed one of them)

Correct. I was thinking of un-undoable :joy:

Fixed in v.40
:medal_sports: Bug

Give it some time… giving medals isn’t instant :sweat:

If you’re still missing a medal by tomorrow let me know, because once the next update is out I can’t go back to check.

6 Likes

so IA when i do mission it have this image , but when i restart the mission , it don’t have the mission name and Duration and difficulty: image

3 Likes

Yeah, it was difficult to collect the data so I decided to skip it. By this stage you’ve already played the mission, so presumably you know what it is :wink:

7 Likes

oh, i understand, thanks for the inform

@InterAction_studios i dont have the medal of ´´bug exterminator´´

Reconnect. Can you see it now?

2 Likes

I will have to not play this game until update it to the new version because I am a Muslim

Unless the update happens after the 22nd, I think it’s worthless to exclude Easter content in the very next version.

I am really curious why when Henley commet comes and spawn the little comets, why when I kill them the points (which are 1 per comet) are count slowly? I’ve never understand that. I am not sure if the Egg Cannon and Henterprise have this too, when they spawning chickens.

Hmm, how about try a 6-big chicken encounter in Virtuoso as a minimum instead of going all the way to Superstar Hero, but make them a bit slower/weaker?

Also, I’ve observed how in SSH, there is no sign of “danger zone” or “safe zone”. Are they removed on purpose on this difficulty or is it a mere bug that has not been noticed before?

They are disabled on skills above veteran.

1 Like