Once more, a lot of small improvements and bug fixes in this update. The most visible change is the addition of Easter Edition content. It’s minimal, only affecting the following:
- Chick (not chicken!)
- Crab v1 boss
- Egg Cannon boss
- Mother-Hen boss (CI3)
- Mother-Hen boss (CI4)
- Twice Infinity boss
- Iron Chef boss
- Planetary Egg City boss
- Bonus Challenge
- Alien Container
No music or sound effects have been changed. Easter content is temporary and will be reverted in the next update.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day (even after your medal is awarded, you’ll need to re-connect to see it). Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Sorting fleet by “Class” now works correctly (@BoggY Bug)
Removed forgotten debug logging (“Starting”) from when Lightning/Plasma/Positron fires (performance implications).
- Better collision accuracy for Lightning/Plasma/Positron (especially against large targets) (@Edd Bug)
- Fixed bug: Progress meter rounds 99.99% to 100.00% (brute-force fix) (@minasam123 Bug)
- Squadron assignments are no longer allowed in favourites list (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Lightning Fryer: Fixed calculation of shot accuracy when target chaining is involved.
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in Comet Chase waves (@Francis Bug)
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Eggshell fields” wave (@BoggY Bug)
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Bonus Challenge” and “Asteroids” waves (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Allowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Meteor Storm” waves (@xXmlgDiegoXx Bug)
- Mission config screen: Now displays basic mission information (@Sophodot Idea)
- Fixed issue in caching initial login data (cache contents weren’t always identical).
- Improved login progress bar (provides better indication of progress during very slow logins).
Game window is now created at 960x540 instead of 100x100. (Maybe) fixes issue with game starting in a very small window (@Alucard Bug @RamonTokus
- Reduced disconnection timeout from 60 seconds to 30 seconds again.
- “Security Droid Patrol” wave: Removed safe zone and “Watch your back!” message in wave variations that only spawn enemies from the top (@Elfkiller Bug)
- Mission pauses and reconnections are now logged.
Fixed bug: Laser fence sound (e.g. “Caught in the Crossfire”, “Electrifying Descent” waves) is overwritten by Plasma sound (@Sufi Bug)
- Profile screen: Added “Mission Config” button (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- Fixed bug: Wormhole sound keeps playing after mission starts (@OneWingLunarian Bug)
- All Space Crab variations can now appear at the same difficulties (20%~30%+) (@Akemisora Idea)
- Boss Rush missions: Space Crab and UCO variations are no longer penalized as a group (i.e., it’s now possible to encounter multiple variations in the same mission). They are still penalized in Invasion missions.
- Fixed “key/keys” singular/plural usage in messages (@VerMishelb Bug)
- Removed “clean sweep” bonus from “Shape Shifters” and “Let the Games Begin” waves (@BoggY Bug)
- Removed “clean sweep” bonus from “Chicken Interleaving” wave (@BlueGamingVN Bug)
- Changed Absolver Beam sound (@BlueGamingVN Idea)
- Reduced key “base multiplier” of Comet Chase, Meteor Storm, Retro, and Supernova to 50%.
- Fixed bug: “outside playing area” mouse pointer is briefly visible during camera zooms, even if “capture mouse” is selected (@thisistrueuser Bug)
- Added Easter Edition content (@Doge1 Idea)
- Selecting the “Missions” button in an assignment message now takes you directly to the “Assignment” tab of the Missions screen. (@GoldenBoss128 Bug)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.