Yet ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER ANOTHER another update that attempts to fix lost profiles .
Again, a lot of small improvements in this update. The obvious thing is the change in the Lightning Fryer weapon, which can now chain between targets, giving it almost +100% damage under certain circumstances. Although inspired by @1galbatorix1’s Weapons Balance Program, note that this is just a preliminary change, and the final balancing has yet to happen. No other Lightning Fryer stats have changed. I just thought it would be easier to gauge the impact of chaining as stand-alone, rather than mixing it in with other changes.
Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (send it to me in a private message).
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Collected keys no longer award any points (@BoggY Idea) (change wasn’t applied to v.37 @minasam123 Bug)
- Absolver Beam charging effect: Fixed wrong placement of newly-spawned particles (single-frame visual glitch) (@lbekeneb88 @minasam123 Bug)
- Galaxy: Added rumble sound for wormholes (@Nikito Idea)
- (v.35 fix was incomplete) Increased precision of HUD Progress Meter to avoid rounding 99.99% to 100% (@TuongLamVN Bug)
- Fixed buffer sizing in Logger constructor.
- Fixed bug with some Charity potentially spawning outside visible area in waves with a large zoom (e.g. Egg City, Supernova) (@anon27929001 Bug)
- ESC now works to return to main menu after getting disconnected from server (@Boggy Idea)
- Fixed bug: Damage amplifier is not affecting pitch of plasma/lightning/positron until first target is hit (@Sufi Bug)
- Improved low-level logging.
- Profile files are now verified against registry (lost profiles debugging).
- Disallowed “clean sweep” bonus in “Enemy Queue" (@lbekeneb88 Bug)
- Profile screen: Corrected “wormhole” to “wormholes”.
- Contacts list can now be sorted by date/name/status, and keyboard keys jump directly to contacts starting with that letter (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- Sort criteria now persist for the whole session.
- Squadrons list is now sorted by name, and keyboard keys jump directly to squadrons starting with that letter.
- Sorting buttons now only appear if list has at least 3 items.
Fleet can now be sorted by date/class/name (
@Kylo-Henno medal desired)
- Skills are now sold by Heroes Academy (rather than Aftermarket) (@OneWingLunarian Idea)
- Fixed lossy (narrowing) network decoding of 64-bit integers.
- Strengthened login network protocol.
- Contacts list now uses different icons for pending incoming and outgoing contact requests (@thisistrueuser Idea)
- Reworked collision code for cones (tapering beams) (more accurate collisions).
- Now compiled using multi-processor compilation (/MP)
- Improved performance of spring-based enemies (V3info on-demand caching)
- Fixed Egg Cannon (variation ‘4’) appearance probability (@EmeraldPlay Bug)
Renamed “Tenantomwan” to “K’tithrak” (requires galaxy regeneration) (
@Kylo-Henno medal desired)
- Fixed SQL query leaks (most active squadron, space race results).
- Added support for beams to split and chain between targets.
- Improved handling of badly-encoded strings.
- Default loadMode is “opportunistic” again.
- Absolver Beam is now upgradeable (8 levels).
- Lightning Fryer now chains between a maximum of 4 targets (+87.5% max damage) (@1galbatorix1 Idea)
- Absolver Beam firing sound is now deeper the more powerful it is (frequency inversion).
- Strengthened anti-cheat measures.
- Added 2 new planet textures (heightmaps); can appear on “Inferno”, “Frozen wasteland”, and “Barren rock” planets.
- Added “Stereo panning” in sound options (@Daxxxis Idea)
- Strengthened network protocol security (network compatibility broken)
- Changed game server DNS to “gameservers2”.
- Increased disconnection timeout from 30 seconds to 60 seconds (@Recruit_75 Idea)
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders). Never rename files or move them from one version folder to another. Simply make a copy and then later put it back exactly where you found it.