Early Access version 36

a new weapon, wowie
gotta test it out

Why was nothing damaged?

1 Like

Bug: If we pick up a weapon while charging the beam, the weapon we picked up will literally not cool down ever. It sometimes continues to “heat” even if we stop firing - look at this

4 Likes

Fixed in v.37

:medal_sports: Bug

2 Likes

!!!

Way to get me playing again after a few weeks, @InterAction_studios . :joy:
I think I am looking at a new fav weapon, lol. Suits my playstyle so much.

However I have found some BUGS!!!

(gasp)

• If your spaceship has rotated (think gyroscope malfunction levels and the like) the “charging” animation doesn’t rotate with you even though the actual “beam” does. This results in the “lens flare” like effect on the sprite snapping location when you release the charge. (like it’s still horizontal when charging, but will go vertical with the firing sprite when you release). Looks kind of disorienting and distracting, especially for waves where your spaceship rotates a lot.
    You can see this in the “Henperor’s Apprentice” boss fight, in @Davoid’s video below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Y85iHfCBY
  • Possibly intended, but grabbing an atomic powerup resets your weapon charge - I was playing shoot the core and it was semi-frustrating how often it did that (although it was also superb for that mission anyway for obvious reasons).

Other than that, I can only implore you to make it an upgradable weapon ASAP - it’s nice to have a semi-balanced weapon that actually suits how I play. Thanks iA!

I found that the new weapon is not official

(It’s a Special weapon but it’s similar)

2 Likes

lol I got it

1 Like

I had started to edit this again when @trueuser replied to my post and it bugged out, so I am just posting the extra info here. And he is correct in saying that his video above caught the (second) bug I was describing - I had intended to link it in my post but he has already helpfully replied with it above. @InterAction_studios

Actual Weapon Feedback and ideas:

• I really like how it destroys projectiles.
  • Maybe have it continue to heat if you keep it charged past max charge? Right now it just “sits” at whatever heat level it’s reached when it hits max charge, and that’s slightly weird because you can keep it charged between waves/systems with no penalty. If this was changed I can see AB users getting proficient in knowing just how long before a wave you need to start charging it to get least heat penalty!
  • I really like how it destroys projectiles
  • I think its balanced? It’s really hard to tell, in part because most of the other weapons aren’t so there’s no real benchmark, and in part because its so different and niche than anything else in game (obliterates certain traditionally difficult waves but struggles on “easier” ones)
  • I really like how it destroys projectiles
  • Price seems fair, although I question whether anything has the right to be more expensive than Utensil Poker.
  • I really like how… nvm. :joy:
1 Like

:sob:

Why do you reply me?

Not sure is it a bug or not, but you can play spamming Esc

That looks like the most tedious way to play…

1 Like

This happens when fully charged the Absolver Beam and pick up another weapon: the heat doesn’t cool, it’s similar to @BoggY
1 Like

EA gets more and more buggy for some reason

Positron + Laser Cannon

1 Like

When IA come back he will see the whole community talking about absolver beam
“Oh”

I found a bug: Screen capture - 175614ea88e9b7d23ab4c5f3492dd5ca - Gyazo , when i change weapon , the heat is wasn’t cool ;-; and some weapon are heat gain: Screen capture - 570020a677d811e42952d2a2e083ff41 - Gyazo (watch it, just click the link you see)

I found it before you

Oh , i cant see then

Fixed in v.37, please read Known bugs topic

1 Like