Under the hood: This update includes a lot of far-reaching internal changes that could affect the game in very subtle ways. Theoretically, everything should be exactly the same for the player, but if you notice anything out of the ordinary, let us know immediately. It’s important to make sure everything works correctly before we can build upon it, so you’ll notice there aren’t many new features in the update.
Key Rush missions: Having said this, there is one new thing: Key Rush missions. The intention is that Key Rush missions will be invasion-style ultra-rare missions (10-20 in the entire galaxy), but with a greatly enhanced key drop rate (rate is not finalized yet). You’ll only be able to fly each Key Rush mission once. To that end, we’re issuing a single experimental Key Rush mission as a test. We’ll then tweak key rates based on collected statistical data about your performance. You can find this mission in your Inbox.
Looped sounds: The looped sounds bug should be finally fixed . This particular bug took so long to track down because it was part of the BASS sound library that CIU uses, and we had to coordinate with the developer in order to fix it.
Medals for ideas/bugs will be awarded later today. Note: If you’re using a different in-game callsign than your forum name, then you cannot receive your medal unless you let us know what your callsign is.
You will lose:
- any in-mission progress
- any menu options you have configured
New features – Tweaks – Bug fixes – Internal changes
- Deleted users that haven’t logged in in the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime.
- Uses GlobalMemoryStatusEx instead of GlobalMemoryStatus.
- Gifts/powerups now only appear on top of enemies & explosions if spawned during a boss’s death.
- Floating satellites are now removed when mission ends (@ChickenInvader45 Idea)
BASS_SampleLoad: Removed BASS_SAMPLE_VAM flag.
- Numerous fixes based on static code analysis recommendations.
- Tweaked “extreme tilt” algorithm: Extreme orbital tilts are now assigned to a different set of planets.
- EffectPuff: Corrected particles to be individually randomly rotated (previously they all shared the same rotation). Affects: Invader, Invader Boss, Asteroid, Barrier, Chef, Crab, Egg Cannon, Egg City, Henterprise, Saucer (& wreck), ExhaustVisuals04, Football.
- “High Speed Chase” wave: Halved number of spawned enemies (and hence wave duration).
- “To Infinity and Beyond” wave: Enemies now spawn higher to avoid being visible when wave starts (@Fractorial Bug)
- Uses freetype 10.2.1.
- Uses UTF-32. Supports (monochrome) emoji.
- Rankings screen: chart is now more opaque/visible when a dark theme has been selected (@ShardNguyen Bug)
- Uses BASS 18.104.22.168
- “Looped sounds do not stop” bug is now finally fixed
- Removed D3DRS_ALPHATESTENABLE. Possibly speeds up rendering under certain hardware.
- Changed generation algorithm for landmarks (burgers, etc.). Landmarks have moved. Different landmark types are less likely to be grouped together in the same star system. Galaxy regeneration required.
- Added Key Rush missions (experimental).
- Greatly improved speed of DB upgrade process (LIMIT delay is now constant; was previously proportionate to limit offset).
You are reminded that during Early Access you are responsible for backing up your own progress. Make a copy of everything under
C:\ProgramData\InterAction studios\CIU (including all sub-folders).