Early Access version 123

MAIN CHANGES

Thanksgiving Edition! Well, as close to it as I can get, at least. I tried to port as much content from CI4 Thanksgiving as possible, but there were time and technical constraints (specifically, it was not possible to turn the basic chicken breeds into turkeys – although they do sound like them!). Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts.

Otherwise, this update includes a lot of improvements to the mobile input/control system, as well as some instrumentation to catch some multiplayer crashes. To support this, some control options were added (which sadly means your menu options have been reset in this update again :frowning: )

Bug/Idea medals will be awarded later in the day. Note that your medal cannot be awarded if your in-game callsign doesn’t match your forum name (put it in your forum profile where it says “name” so I can find it).

COMPATIBILITY

You will lose:

• any mid-mission progress
  • your language selection
  • all your menu Options

CHANGELOG

:new: New features – :bulb: Tweaks – :bug: Bug fixes – :gear: Internal changes

• :gear: Deleted users who haven’t logged in during the past week and have less than 10 minutes of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the past 4 weeks and have less than an hour of playtime, and also users who haven’t logged in during the last 12 months and haven’t set an e-mail. Note that users with any purchase are never deleted.

• :bug: Galactic Cup screen: Group Phase fixtures are now correctly centered (@Abyss :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Android: Navigation bar should (hopefully) now automatically disappear after a few seconds (@Ericbruh :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: Android: Sound options screen: Fixed screen spazzing out resizing inappropriately when sound volume is changed (@BoggY :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Callsign and squadron name validation is now stricter.

• :gear: Mission progress is no longer reset after a client crash.

• :bug: “Network predictor” is now constrained to actual flying area (@KnockoffFeline :medal_sports: Bug)

• :bug: League: Fixed boss waves when choosing a dare being unreadable (@VerMishelb :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Android: Pressing the BACK button during the main menu now returns to the desktop (without terminating app, as it previously did in v.121)

• :bulb: Graphics options: Added “High-contrast text” option (enabled by default on mobiles). Due to this change, all menu Options will be lost.

• :gear: Quests screen: Progress bar now starts off further away from milestone (rhombus) to make it clearer that progress is non-zero (@FridayFunkinSussyVN :medal_sports: Idea)

• :bulb: Options/Controls/Touchscreen: Added “on-screen button size” option (@Error_Bonnie :medal_sports: ) Due to this change, all menu Options will be lost.

• :bulb: Android multiplayer: Added “chat” button (@Error_Bonnie :medal_sports: Idea)

• :gear: Multiplayer chat messages are now sent automatically whenever input field loses focus.

• :bug: Touchscreen one-finger galaxy panning now continues to work after two-finder pinch-zooming (previously, first finger would need to be lifted off the screen before it would work again) (@Mikicrep :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Yolk-Star boss: Damage-stage enemies are now spawned into the “next frame enemy list” to (attempt to) fix network desync crashes on this wave.

• :bulb: Tutorials and hints now detect which controller is being used and only show relevant controls (mouse, keyboard, touch, or joypad).

• :gear: Multiplayer hosts that become zombies, then disconnect, then reconnect again are now properly displayed as grayscale (@hoangmc2048 :medal_sports: Bug)

• :gear: Android: “Key down” events no longer switch input mode to “pointer” (done to prevent the mouse pointer becoming visible rarely)

• :new: Added Thanksgiving Edition content.

• :bulb: Multiplayer browser now also shows host’s platform (Windows, Android, etc). Also added platform indicators to in-mission scoreboard and contact list.

• :gear: Reworked input system (yet again) to unify text input from keyboard/joypad/touchscreens.

• :bulb: Contact status/notifications now indicate when player is hosting a multiplayer game (except private games) (@DePeeper :medal_sports: Idea)

22 Likes

first

Is it intentional that only the head is changed? (never played this thanksgiving i ask)

2 Likes

Two things
Short ufo legs and oversized shirt

Replace the whole chicken would be better insted of the sounds only

No. Fixed in v.124 :medal_sports: Bug

Fixed in v.124 :medal_sports: Bug

Where?

7 Likes

On the master squawker, and I’m gonna assume it’s the same on crazy squawker

Wasn’t you tell me about the pumpkin head for Crab 2.0 before (topic EA v120)?

I have just taken this picture for a few minutes

Can you remove windows/android icon when offline @InterAction_studios ?

@InterAction_studios So I was playing some of the boss rushes recently and found out one of the turkey’s eyes aren’t following players movements. Is this intended? If so… Could you have the turkey’s eyes follow players movements?

it because

1 Like

is it odd that regular looking chickens has the turkeys’ death sound?

Well ok. I’m just report it.

official chicken invaders feet

Magnetic Manipulator boss’s suit and helmet doesn’t fit.

6 Likes

Can you add CHL icon at the blue square when someone have CHL?

1 Like

ia said it would take unnecessary space

1 Like

is it just me or they are smaller than regular chicks

2 Likes

oh…

there should just be an option to say “no thanksgiving i dont want the holiday edition”?

3 Likes