Early Access version 119

This is bug. In fact I just don’t like how they keep two separate names that are kind of different.

2 Likes

I think thrusters refer to type of engines that applying propulsion and generally used to for the spacecraft. That’s why you don’t see the term “thruster” frequently for other vehicles. So classifying thrusters into engines is not wrong but “engine” can be a far larger term.

TL;DR: Thrusters are a type of engines.

Are you sure it is? 75 keys doesn’t seem strict to change, and besides, only 1 rename, the names after that will be paid for all spacecrafts.

I can poll it if you want.

It’s the warping of spacetime . I don’t remember the specifics, but when travelling through intermediate star systems, their radius is not taken into account (because you don’t travel all the way to the center and then back out). Also, I make some special adjustments depending on whether each star system is explored, and also whether it’s adjacent to an an explored system.

Originally, I thought that more engines could conceivably be added in the future that aren’t thrusters. But I think that ship has now long sailed, so yes, it could be made consistent. But I’d rather make both “thrusters” than both “engines”, which involves a lot of phrases :frowning:

Go for it.

7 Likes

New 2dB video:

25 Likes

KFC 2db productions.

Anyway for the poll:

Do you want the first spacecraft rename to be free?
  • Yes.
  • I don’t care.
  • No.

0 voters

1 Like

Well.

Nvm, it has been fixed.

Let’s take a rest of the server (probably it’s always server work)

Your positioning suggest you’ve known about this wave in advance.
(Follow that by this wave appearing first in the series, it could easily be a trial and error kinda run for 1 wave to prove me wrong)
It’s not possible in a first run to dictate whether or not a wave contains this kinda generation.
Or did you know how to predict this kind of behavior? If you do, feel free to share it.

Most of the time, because I don’t know what it would generate in a first run, I’d stand in the middle of waves to avoid most kills coming from the edges.

Also, can Astroid Vortex has its safe zone removed?
(potentially replaced with danger zone in corners?)
Some players might just stand in that zone and fire in it only to be killed by a big size asteroid later on.
It’s what happened to me the first few times I saw that wave.

1 Like

I’ve done this enough times to have muscle memory for how to dodge the wave

2 Likes

Henterprise death animations are boring when you look at it over and over again in multiple fights.
Was fun the first couple of times, but it gets boring the more you fight the dang thing.

Plus, It’s not really that long if you only see it once,
but that stacks up big time once you’ve done a lot of it…

Might wanna make it insta-die in CIU when its defeated, leave that animation exclusively for CI5.

For some reason, when I skip a mission once I’ve completed it, it increases my time by a little bit

Well, that’s odd.

Suppose all the gatling fire at the same time, you shouldn’t stand in the center. Standing off-center can provide you more space to dodge the eggs.

I don’t know. If the safe zone meant to be the space which when you stand in you will never crash into the enemies, the same issue is present in the wave “Spiral of Doom” if you don’t kill all the enemies fast enough. If the safe zones are temporary safe in most time of the wave since the begin, this should be fine.

This was hinted in the level’s title, which is not the case in “Spiral Vortex”.

Yes, but this must be hinted that the safe zone might not be safe in the future for this to truly be fair for newer players.

Maintenance took a little longer than usual tonight (40 seconds), causing the server to be briefly unavailable

Then how would you know to stand away from the edges of the screen? Anyway, safe zones are only applicable for the first 2-3 seconds after the wave starts, they are not meant to last throughout the whole thing.

This is still on my list: Early Access version 88 - #70 by InterAction_studios

4 Likes

:warning:
In 5 minutes the server will momentarily restart to apply 119.5 emergency patch. If you are disconnected, simply reconnect.

Update: Restart completed.

11 Likes

iA , can you check this ?