Early Access version 118

The To Do list, which in my case has lots of different mission types, and I often play missions of certain types back-to-back, but not in the order it’s laid out. I’m just not in the mood to start off with CI first, I’d often leave that last.

Ironically it actually makes it worse if you bought CHL and have 300 missions in that list, the scrolling to get to the mission type I want to do just takes ages if you’ve had a lot of missions stacked up, said time stacks up even further if you want to do missions of that type back-to-back.

Possible simplest method: Add a 2nd filter below the first one to filter out specific mission types, with the filter icon being the mission type’s icon itself. It’s pretty simple and expands pretty easily if we get new mission types to do in the future.
Plus it adds more options to the filtering via filter combos, for example:
sort all Boss Rush levels by difficulty, or Double Team levels by duration, CI levels by date added, …

PS: Should the same be possible for the Favorites list, too?

Spawning Trouble: Can the enemies come out faster from the portal?

you think it’s a mistake plasma rifle goes crooked you think it should be straight

If it’s straight it shoots out of the screen, missing the Henterpise. Play CI5.

It’s normal.

OK, got it

Sorry it took a while. As you can see, the pizza cuisine is missing.

Pizza Cuisine: Am I a joke to you?

2 Likes

Isn’t showing the insight’s and satelites’ name.
Usually when you click on an item in Pot Luck it explains what it does, but sometimes it shows the description of the item instead of explaining what it does, which is kinda useless. Is this a bug?

No. It already shown: A second chance never hurt anyone (Extra Live), a detail for the equipment.

Just one, imagine there’re many different types ( Barbequer, ICBM, … , Heat Insight, Countdown Insight,…)? There will be no space for the text, you can just click on it to know what is that thing :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

But it doesn’t tell you what it does.

I think it would fit.

I have smooth galaxy zoom disabled, but it still does a “smooth” zoom out when I want to travel between 2 star systems

its full. you already mounted 3 cuisines
so it won’t even show missing cuisine cuz you used all cuisine slots

“Energy Fence” wave: Can the space between fences be reduced on low difficulties? The waiting times are annoying.

That’s how collisions work in CIU :man_shrugging:

This is an awkward change so I’d like to see it supported by a poll first.

No. What seems easy to you might overwhelm another player with e.g. lower firepower.

It’s missing from the suggestions because you’ve already filled all your Cuisine slots (so do not have anywhere to put it)

“Sometimes”? It always shows the description. It’s what would normally appear at the top-right, if you were actually allowed to mount it yourself.

I’ll look into it.

It moves slower precisely because the difficulty is low. What I said above: What seems easy to you might overwhelm another player with e.g. lower firepower.

9 Likes

I like this style of folder numbering (you set a number for every mission). Solve all possible problems of ordering, but the player will have to set it for themselves based on what they prefer.

https://imgur.com/a/nPI2s39

This will need two separate sections in the Favorites menu: first you set a folder number for any mission you like from any of the “normal” sections already known (recent, favorites, to-do lists). In a separate new section called “folders”, you can enter a number and it displays all missions that you assigned that folder number (by default, unassigned = 0).

• Mission type filter (first suggestion)
  • Folders, but you have to put them in yourself (my suggestion)
  • No change
0 voters

Also, what’s the practical difference between favorite and to-do list?

1 Like

I often save a bunch of levels in my to-do list to do them at a later time, then do them all when it’s full.
But I’d often do certain types of levels that are after other types of levels in the list first.
The problem is, to do that with the current system, you’d have to scroll down over and over again to find that level type whenever you want to play the “next level” of the same level type, given that your level type of choice isn’t CI (which is at the top of the list by default, so no scrolling).

So for example I have some, say 20 CI levels ahead of my Boss Rush ones.
I want to do, say 10 Boss Rush levels back-to-back.
With the current system I’d have to scroll past all the same 20 Chicken Invaders each time I want to get a new Boss Rush level up and running, which kinda goes like this:
open To Do, scroll 20 levels, play, win, then re-open To Do, scroll through another 20 levels, play, …
(repeat that cycle 10 times, and you’ll find it extremely tiresome)

This only gets worse if the type of level you’re trying to play is at the bottom of the level type list ( like Key Rush or Double Team, for example ) and you have CHL, which increases the maximum levels list to 300 for To Do specifically, effectively multiplying your scroll time by a lot.
I once had to scroll through about 120 levels to get to a Key Rush, finished that, then scrolled through those same 120 levels to do the next one, and again, and again.

So I suggested to add an additional mission type filter, so there will be practically no scrolling needed to get to your levels much more quickly. It also adds new combinations to your filter settings, like asking for the Key Rush Levels sorted by duration, or Double Team levels sorted by difficulty, etc …

Which is why I think that should be implemented, and would make a pretty good addition.

That being said,
The folder option is a bit weird to add towards to-do lists, as you’d have to view every mission first, click on it, and set a folder to it yourself, which practically defeats the purpose of sorting things quickly in the first place.

2 Likes

Missions played from the to-do list disappear from it as soon as you get a result. Favourites are there forever.

1 Like

Well this suggestion might not make sense to an extent, but whatever I will give it a try:

Could ICBMs trigger penalties in space race? yes they are not like special weapons, but they can help in killing weaker or unreachable enemies (that are behind you or you don’t have enough range to get them until they get within) as fast as possible and have enough impact on them to make the player proceed faster just like what special weapons do.

We can’t just make exceptions for a single satellite like that.

1 Like