Early Access version 117.2

I wanna go for this system in the first place, but stayed with a more simple setup of a constant 25 slots per random selection. Has the same purpose but is simpler to implement + a more varied setup of items (which I figured was what IA was going for in the first place)

a bit of a case in point

easy:

intermediate:

hard:

Somehow, Intermediate has MUCH lesser items than easy. And Hard has 2 shorter than easy.
do you even need all that for easy?

3 Likes

It’s actually completely random, with the number of tries ranging from 12-24 as of right now.
Weapons can be randomized from 0-5 from what I heard.

yeah i know

im just saying that the generation is a bit too iffy

Same here. I just have a different balancing plan is all.

How about making the HUD enemy health indicator show boss’s hp in a more detailed way? Like it shows the hp with %, that would be better I think

Iirc the reason for not doing this was to avoid making a potential cheat engine target to hunt for.

can satellites be equipped in pot luck mission?? This makes it a bit easier at the start even though the power is weak and of course it’s random not all mission.

1 Like

That’s not how randomization works. For each category (special weapons, auto-use, perishables, HUD), a certain number of distinct equipment is randomly chosen. Example: you can have 0,1,2, or 3 different types of special weapons. For each type, the number of slots filled with that particular type is also randomly chosen (example: for special weapons, 1 or 2 slots are filled). Lives are handled separately, you randomly get 4-8 of them.

They could, but it’s going to mess up the layout somewhat. Does anyone want this?

Again: They could, but it’s going to mess up the layout somewhat. Does anyone want this?

Not easily, and it’s unimportant anyway.

This is an unfortunately consequence of how the wave is constructed. I’ve somewhat reduced the delay in v.118, but it can’t be fixed further.

I’d first have to add ‘scrubbing’ capability to the sound engine. Not worth it.

Has been changed (see v.116 thread)

It’s not.

These tools only help you technically. I’m talking about conceptual prioritization. It’s easy to prioritize after you’ve assigned numbers to everything, but where do these numbers come from?

My decision to stop giving likes is unrelated to your list.

Most of these are insanely successful productions, so if anything that article proves that long EA times are the way to go.

It’s a bug in the medal-awarding process. Keep it. It’s borderline an idea anyway – I just didn’t realize there even was such an option in the installer.

No

It occurred to me that when you mount hardpoints, there is no way to see the results unless you go back out to the “Customize” screen. A personal reason that is that all of my test spacecraft are unnamed, so it’s very hard to tell them apart.

If people don’t like it, I can remove it. Wasn’t there a poll for this above somewhere? I’ve moved the preview away from the blueprint.

I’m starting to get worried about the extent of butchering modding going on. It’s only a matter of time before someone starts modding in a way that gives them an unfair advantage. I’m this close to disabling modding for certain textures that I know can be exploited.

No. Paper has no health in the traditional sense, so I’d have to special-case it.

I’ve roughly explained how the generation works earlier in this post.

8 Likes

Changed in v.118 :medal_sports: Idea. Whose idea was this originally?

8 Likes

It’s me who suggested first and got denied by you. Medal Shared ?
Capture

1 Like

I’ve thought about this some more and it would place a restriction on exactly when I can start the update (which is not always fixed in stone). On the other hand, giving a warning that “server will kick you out sometime in the next 2 hours” is not of much use, either. So, no (at least not during EA).

Sure.

6 Likes

Let’s all call them “blueprints” so we can better understand each other.

Update: I’m not removing the blueprints, but I am going to move the preview to the top-right:

10 Likes

Your statement about it back when I created mods topic is the reason only few selected people actually have access to replacing textures. The thing that is public can only replace sounds to avoid WAD update.

nah don’t worry I am not trying to add more explosions to it, it’s just 1 or 2 shockwaves is what I am suggesting to be added and nothing else.

Well don’t worry. As I said the game it’s just 1 or 2 shockwaves that will appear, nothing else or nothing to modify the explosion.

okaaaaaay.
though quite frankly i’m sick of having 4 thrust vector controls

i’m sure you still remember that one comet chase video i sent
not that i ever used that mod again, though
fun fact: that mod was made by me just for fun. wanted to see how it looks, and never again. if it’s of any reassurance, that mod was not released to the public

???

What this mean @InterAction_studios?

:gear: Disallowed “@gmail.co” as an e-mail domain

Why you not quote?

Disallowed the “@gmail.co” at the end of your mail.